Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

Zoom and Google Meet have taken over. Strange that skype has dropped off the radar and didn't go well in the pandemic.

Because Microsoft sat on their laurels while they had the monopoly on video conferencing and Zoom came along and caught them sleeping at the wheel.

Or this☹

I think it’ll be more severe than that.
$5k fine to a charity and two to four week suspension.
It’s also going to depend on how contrite he is.

I'm going no pineapples for a year.
I'm hearing that the club are demanding the same from Jordy. He's been carrying around concealed pineapples, because their great for impromptu pina coladas, and if someone tries to steal your pina colade, their spikiness makes a great weapon to punish them with.

Because Microsoft sat on their laurels while they had the monopoly on video conferencing and Zoom came along and caught them sleeping at the wheel.

In 2020, I had to use Microsoft Teams a bit. I didn't realise Skype was Microsoft also. They were probably focused on developing Teams as part of the 365 package. They didn't do a great job with teams either - in comparison to zoom and google anyway.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that the club are demanding the same from Jordy. He's been carrying around concealed pineapples, because their great for impromptu pina coladas, and if someone tries to steal your pina colade, their spikiness makes a great weapon to punish them with.
Look, I don't care one way or the other, as long as the concealed pineapples do not, under any circumstances, find their way on to a Pizza. That would obviously result in extradition back to USA and a lengthy custodial sentence.

Look, I don't care one way or the other, as long as the concealed pineapples do not, under any circumstances, find their way on to a Pizza. That would obviously result in extradition back to USA and a lengthy custodial sentence.
Yanks put anything on pizza - in fact they eat anything with anything - they're a weird mob

Yanks put anything on pizza - in fact they eat anything with anything - they're a weird mob
They make the best hamburgers though.
And the IPAs are sublime.

I was on a course in Indianapolis a while back and went to a steak restaurant for lunch. I noticed a girl from the course sitting by herself so I went over and joined her. She was eating celery sticks with pate. Just dipping the sticks in the pate and eating them. It looked really nice. She asked me to try it...* me! It wasn't pate, it was chocolate mousse!!!!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on a course in Indianapolis a while back and went to a steak restaurant for lunch. I noticed a girl from the course sitting by herself so I went over and joined her. She was eating celery sticks with pate. Just dipping the sticks in the pate and eating them. It looked really nice. She asked me to try it...fu** me! It wasn't pate, it was chocolate mouse!!!!!!
A far more heinous crime than pineapple on pizza.

What will the club do next?
Assuming some sort of penalty will be applied, what might it look like?
  • Fine
  • Suspension
  • Community service
  • Counselling
  • Sacking

A none of the above option? With how the cards have fallen I don’t really have an issue with anything he’s done in his off-season. He’s allowed to party, the other party caused the trouble and no medical care was required (AFAIK). Play on in AFL terms.

I was on a course in Indianapolis a while back and went to a steak restaurant for lunch. I noticed a girl from the course sitting by herself so I went over and joined her. She was eating celery sticks with pate. Just dipping the sticks in the pate and eating them. It looked really nice. She asked me to try it...fu** me! It wasn't pate, it was chocolate mousse!!!!!!
Don’t stop the story there…

A none of the above option? With how the cards have fallen I don’t really have an issue with anything he’s done in his off-season. He’s allowed to party, the other party caused the trouble and no medical care was required (AFAIK). Play on in AFL terms.
You don’t have an issue with our players getting into bar fights in the off season?

You don’t have an issue with our players getting into bar fights in the off season?

Would we even call it a fight? Considering he’s now back in Australia and the nature of the US court system I’d say scuffle might be a more appropriate description. Should he have handled the situation differently? Probably, but at 2:30 after everyone involved has had a skinful when the other parties instigated the trouble I’m happy for him to get a pass.

I’m in the business of Collingwood winning matches and with the facts as they are a punishment for him being a s**t magnet is bad for business. I come from the MM school of treating guys differently, but in this case I’d have the same view whether it was Pendles or Madgen. I just don’t think he did anything wrong.

FWIW I don’t have an issue with you or anyone else on here suggesting he be punished. There’s no right answer to it, IMO. I just hope the club agree with me.

Would we even call it a fight? Considering he’s now back in Australia and the nature of the US court system I’d say scuffle might be a more appropriate description. Should he have handled the situation differently? Probably, but at 2:30 after everyone involved has had a skinful when the other parties instigated the trouble I’m happy for him to get a pass.

I’m in the business of Collingwood winning matches and with the facts as they are a punishment for him being a sh*t magnet is bad for business. I come from the MM school of treating guys differently, but in this case I’d have the same view whether it was Pendles or Madgen. I just don’t think he did anything wrong.
I really doubt the club will just allow him back without penalty. Particularly with his past history.

I really doubt the club will just allow him back without penalty. Particularly with his past history.

Given the nature of the events punishing him in relation to past actual indiscretions seems as fair as some of the reporting that initially took place.

I do think though that contrition and his attitude should come into it. If he and the club both take a conciliatory path I’m just struggling to justify why we would come over the top of the US court system.

His "past history" consists only of the lie to the club and traffic offences. There is nothing more than that (that we know about). Anything more than that is in people's imagination.

The apology he had to write to the girl back in 2015? I’m loathe to rehash the sexual assault debate, but something happened there and it seems all parties (except the police) were happy to leave it there. I would still consider that an indiscretion of sorts. Point being he’s not a cleanskin, but his past shouldn’t come into this situation, IMO.

His "past history" consists only of the lie to the club and traffic offences. There is nothing more than that (that we know about). Anything more than that is in people's imagination.
The lie was a big one, broken hand in a bar fight. The traffic offence involved blowing 0.1, again pretty big.

I concede that the initial seriousness of the US incident has been reduced.

Still, can’t see any possibility of him avoiding club sanctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back