Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d go third but it gets even more outrageous of a call when you consider that Hurley, Hooker and Daniher’s age/injury concerns probably makes him a top 3 player let alone midfielder.
Probably, yeah. That being said, I wouldn't trade for him. Not what we need despite that.

Probably, yeah. That being said, I wouldn't trade for him. Not what we need despite that.

Definitely. Parish and McGrath have the scope to reach a similar level as well plus Smith was having comparable impact in his B&F year. Can see 2019 Heppell as 6th best mid in 2020 but am hoping/expecting him to get closer to his AA year if he can remain injury free.

Thought I'd go over to the Hawkes board to see how Harts was going... his thread is full of delusion! The amount of supporters claiming he would get a game at Essendon over Hawkes because Frawley and Frost are better than Hooker and Hurley is amusing. Thankfully there are a couple of posters calling it out but worth a read. Also, the amount of vitriol for saying he loves Essendon - he's headf@rked them! Here's some of the comments about our All-Australian defenders.

I've got to say I find Hurley/Hooker to be overrated, where does all the fuss about them come from?

-How about Mcgovern/Barrass, Moore/Howe, Allir/Rampe, Blicavs/Stewart, or Rance/Grimes

I'd even probably rate Tarrant/Daw over Hooker/Hurley if both duos were healthy
Neither Hooker nor Hurley come close to being as good at stopping the best forwards.
They may have other qualities, but Frawley and Stratton are as good as any I have seen in shut down roles.

Turn it up, the only thing Hooker will be remembered for will be Buddy highlights, as for Chipp he played massive parts in our Premierships conversely Hurley has done fk all.

Frost is an unknown, I would take his pace over both of them.
Is this the same Hurley that got brushed aside by Worpel, waltzed in to kick the goal that got the hawks going and winning, two seasons ago?
It depends what you want from a defender, Hurley is great - but as far as actually standing and defending a man he's historically pretty poor.

Watching him over the years he's definitely the type of guy who values a good Hurley game over a good Essendon game.
Hurley's 30?! Wow..

Feel like he's been serviceable without reaching any great heights that I expected him to get to when he was drafted.
Hurley peaked before Uber was a thing..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been tricked

Not sure where else to put this, but this morning I saw Coniglio, O'Meara and Patton come into work, and perhaps I'm the delusional one here, but couldn't help but hope there was a salty Hawthorne nuff looking on and still thinking they're in with a chance on Cogs.

Not sure where else to put this, but this morning I saw Coniglio, O'Meara and Patton come into work, and perhaps I'm the delusional one here, but couldn't help but hope there was a salty Hawthorne nuff looking on and still thinking they're in with a chance on Cogs.
Fixed. Now, just drop it anonymously in the MODERATOR's inbox.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back