Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to keep Mims, Sutton and get TP back healthy.

Thats a good starting 3 and TP will be cheaper but very good, Sutton the star and Mims the up can comer.

plus.. draft a 4th Rd guy to add to what we have.

Still pissed about Simmons however. I get the $$ savings but FFS ... Heart and Soul guys carry more than SC hits.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Don't mind the actually trade just wish it was more than a couple of day 3 picks.
Iirc if we'd traded him season the Browns were offering rd 3 & 5 picks, but we held on to him.

Still, I'm not complaining that we got 5 and 6 given his finish to the yr. As LicoriceAllKinds said, he isn't a good player and has a sh** attitude, as well as clearing $13m in cap space. It's a win of a trade.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos

I don't know what next yrs draft crop is like, but I'm almost leaning toward drafting a QB then. Just because we're in a spot where we aren't going to get a great QB, don't really have the draft stock to trade up to where blue chip guys are. It's a QB hungry draft this yr with lots of teams wanting one. Trading up will be competitive and we'd be giving up most of what we have to do it... and we have lots of needs.

Maybe next year the landscape will be better. I'm starting to think draft to best available this yr, maybe trade back even, then next year load up for a QB. The only issue is I don't have much faith in Stiddy based off what I saw in the last couple games. We lack that bridge QB imo.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Ok I've just had a look at a couple of big boards etc. for next yr and it doesn't seem there's many, if any, A level QB talents next yr. We probably do have to take a QB now which limits options a bit.

I suppose I could see us drafting a QB this yr around 12, whether that's McCarthy, Nix or whomever, and giving them 2 or 3 yrs before drafting a top QB again should they not work out. Obviously that's hopefully not the case, but at least it's a plan ...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back