Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw there's some Sutton trade rumours going around. To be honest, I like him as a team man but I feel like he's a pretty limited WR. He's not overly fast, not a great route-runner and doesn't really generate much separation. He's a very good contested catch though and with his size is a good physical receiver. But that's about his only strength afaic so wouldn't be super upset if we traded him.

Does leave us thin at WR though. With or without that trade I would like McCaffrey and not just from a F/S perspective, I think he is a really good sleeper WR in the draft. Developed late after switching from QB so not loads of tape, but what is there is really good and he tested better than expected at the combine. I feel like with Payton he could be a version of Michael Thomas.

Zach Wilson and a 7th round pick to Denver for a 6th round pick.

I did flag a few pages back now that I wouldn't hate us picking him up. He couldn't have gone to a worse situation as a young QB really, that Jets team is a bit of a mess. Also being in the huge market doesn't really let him settle. Not to say he's without blame, he obviously let it go to his head a bit and though he was a big shot to a degree but I think he's been humbled now. If he's ever going to turn his talent into anything it's going to be with Payton.

As for how it effects the draft, my thoughts are that it basically an insurance policy in case something goes wrong and the QB/s we want are gone before getting to us, or if we trade back thinking we can get Nix then he's gone, at least we still have someone we can try to work with. Ultimately I think we still target one.

FWIW Wilson is only 6 months older than Bo Nix

I don't hate the Zach Wilson trade given what we gave up to get him, but I will hate it if we're not drafting a young QB. If we go into the season with Wilson / Stidham / DeNooch I'd be pretty underwhelmed.

I love the 77 Throwback :D

pocmmk80dboqgmvrkuv2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back