Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm on the same meds I been on for years so it's unlikely.

Psychedelic dreams sound cool.

They are, I am floating, flying and doing all sorts of things. Levitating is a constant one I have. Love it, but not on those meds anymore.

I still get them occasionally. They are never nightmarish or scary.

They are, I am floating, flying and doing all sorts of things. Levitating is a constant one I have. Love it, but not on those meds anymore.

I still get them occasionally. They are never nightmarish or scary.

Levitating is a cool dream, and it makes sense to me while in the dream state that I can levitate.

You have to watch out for the power lines when trying to land though ;)

I actually do! Seriously! Especially when I levitate around. I don't really fly, I move around like Magneto from the X-men movies.

I am not Magneto though, I am myself. I sometimes find the dream world far more interesting then the real one.

I actually do! Seriously! Especially when I levitate around. I don't really fly, I move around like Magneto from the X-men movies.

I am not Magneto though, I am myself. I sometimes find the dream world far more interesting then the real one.
Yep same, I'm not sure if the power lines represent anxiety or something.. I kind off fly/glide up and down by gently flapping my arms maybe when someone is chasing me.

Yep same, I'm not sure if the power lines represent anxiety or something.. I kind off fly/glide up and down by gently flapping my arms maybe when someone is chasing me.

I have no arm flapping, just Magneto style. Whenever I have these dreams I am in my local area. Not where my house is but where all the shops are. There are powerlines everywhere around there so I think I am just watching out for myself.

I also have this one where I move around without walking. I levitate Magneto style but I am only about 50cm from the ground. Everyone looks at me an awe.

It really is the best thing.

I levitate or fly by just leaning forward and opening my arms and then allowing the wind to lift me while I adjust my body to change direction.

It's great isn't it? Then you wake up and realise what s**t you have to deal with.

I would certainly like to sleep full time.

Been eating lots of sugary stuff lately cakes and chocolate to calm depression. Gained 2-4 kgs in a week.

There is no hope when there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

My depression I think is obviously tied to my looking for a new job.

The last ten years I feel I've just been trying to survive mostly, and I felt comfortable in that mode.

I get that, you just want the stability (for me anyway).

Do you mean survive as in keep your job?

Or just survive as you just can't stand it?

I have done more than 10 years in the latter. Until I left and went solo.

I get that, you just want the stability (for me anyway).

Do you mean survive as in keep your job?

Or just survive as you just can't stand it?

I have done more than 10 years in the latter. Until I left and went solo.

I meant survive as in often feeling like impending doom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From 2018 to 2020 I had such a fear of going to sleep, because it meant that I'd only be a few waking moments from having to go to work again. Such an awful, awful time when you are fearing a necessity in that way.

Has gotten much better since seeing a psychologist.

From 2018 to 2020 I had such a fear of going to sleep, because it meant that I'd only be a few waking moments from having to go to work again. Such an awful, awful time when you are fearing a necessity in that way.

Has gotten much better since seeing a psychologist.

Good to see you're on the mend.

I was a bit of s**t place last weekend ...mainly due to work beening a campaigner.
Def thinking of standing down on my current role.

As I said to my old work mate who left.
The money is good .
But if your not enjoying the work ..what's the point ..

Good to see you're on the mend.

I was a bit of sh*t place last weekend ...mainly due to work beening a campaigner.
Def thinking of standing down on my current role.

As I said to my old work mate who left.
The money is good .
But if your not enjoying the work ..what's the point ..
Worse still, if it’s actually having an adverse effect on your mental health, then it’s untenable. Of course, moving jobs becomes another entirely new stress

All I can offer is that I found talking was exponentially better than any medication 💊- I spent well over 3 months as a voluntary / involuntary patient some years ago - I would not wish that on my worst enemy simply because the facility (major regional) had no way to deal with depressive orders. I am always here if anyone wants any thoughts - you are not alone 💪

Well as some sort of update.

I weaned myself off my anti-depressants without telling my Dr. I felt no different once off them.

But the insomnia is just insane. No wonder they use it as some sort of torture. This has been going on for years.

I have now been prescribed something ELSE to help me sleep. My Dr says if I can get some sort of sleep it should help the depression and anxiety.

We'll see how that goes...

Last edited:
Well as some sort of update.

I weaned myself off my anti-depressants without telling my Dr. I felt no different once off them.

But the insomnia is just insane. No wonder they use it as some sort of toture. This has been going on for years.

I have now been prescribed something ELSE to help me sleep. My Dr says if I can get some sort of sleep it should help the depression and anxiety.

We'll see how that goes...
I feel your pain - I went off them cold turkey - not by choice - I didn’t sleep for two weeks - it almost ended me

I’m going to start doing EMDR next week with my psychologist. I’ll let you know how it goes

I had to look that up as I have never heard of it before. So you need to recall images from your own life? I can't really say I have any myself.

Also, I read an article that TMS is now covered by Medicare. I mentioned it to my psychiatrist and he said it was basically a ruse. You get a set number of treatments FOR LIFE. After that you have to pay. You have to go in six days a week for a couple of weeks. If it works, great! But Medicare won't cover the rest. It is a constant thing you need. Not a cure.

He said it wasn't for me and I agreed. He has had around 10 patients who have had it and it worked for just one. Placebo effect? I don't know but it could be.

I had to look that up as I have never heard of it before. So you need to recall images from your own life? I can't really say I have any myself.

Also, I read an article that TMS is now covered by Medicare. I mentioned it to my psychiatrist and he said it was basically a ruse. You get a set number of treatments FOR LIFE. After that you have to pay. You have to go in six days a week for a couple of weeks. If it works, great! But Medicare won't cover the rest. It is a constant thing you need. Not a cure.

He said it wasn't for me and I agreed. He has had around 10 patients who have had it and it worked for just one. Placebo effect? I don't know but it could be.
look up the use of ecstasy in a controlled environment - it is allegedly a curev

Remove this Banner Ad

Back