PS4 Detroit: Become Human

Remove this Banner Ad

Very intrigued about this one.

I love the idea of having meaning cause and effect in these types of games. It's why Until Dawn is one of my favourite games of this gen and why I haven't played a Telltale game since TWD:S2.

This looks like it's aiming to retake the throne from Until Dawn so I'm happy to see it try.

WOW!

That's my type of game. Very Heavy Rain like, I can't wait.

lets just hope its not ruined by a bombastic control scheme forced on the dev's in order to sell their latest gimmick.

oh wait: http://thisgengaming.com/2016/06/10/is-detroit-become-human-launching-in-2016-with-psvr-support/

BigDogLittle-Kick-2x1b-752x350.jpg

lets just hope its not ruined by a bombastic control scheme forced on the dev's in order to sell their latest gimmick.

I enjoyed HR's controller setup, despite it clearly being a proxy for the Move. It really did bring a different style of engagement to the game, kept you thinking about each particular act you were performing.

I enjoyed HR's controller setup, despite it clearly being a proxy for the Move. It really did bring a different style of engagement to the game, kept you thinking about each particular act you were performing.

i felt it unnecessarily detracted from what was going on, on the screen. Two souls was a step in the right direction as far as QTE because it melded most of the QTE's into the screen without annoying flashing s**t distracting the player. (although they still kept some it)

i hope cage one day realises what he could do if he replaced his quick time event fetish with more traditional gameplay, the vast majority exist in "action scenes" so its not like it could distract from the actual story.

Some details from Cage:
  • Neo-noir thriller set in a near future
  • As in Heavy Rain, several playable characters - Kara (introduced at '15 PGW) and Connor (E3) being two (unclear if there are any others)
  • Only control androids in the game
  • Androids treated like objects but begin to experience emotions
  • Structurally similar to Heavy Rain - characters' stories are initially separate but begin to converge
  • Does not want the characters to be "actors" - wants the game to feel like you are writing the story and building your own game through decisions and actions
  • Around 8-10 hours, but heavy focus on replayability
  • Much more "bending" than any game done before - pushed the envelope on everything from visuals to the branching narrative
  • Scene shown at E3 (one of the first scenes of the game) has six different outcomes which impact future scenes differently
  • Characters can die - no game over; if a character dies they are no longer in the story
  • Brand new engine - different from both remasters and from the Dark Sorcerer demo from a few years ago
  • No release date yet, but will not be 2016

So I can fail miserably and have all the characters die, then what?
I imagine it works similarly to Heavy Rain. In that game there are multiple characters, and each character has a number of scenes in which they can die. There's one character, though, that can only die/fail towards the end of the game, and there's an ending dedicated to that situation. So even if you take the worst route possible you'll still get to or near the end - your story will just change accordingly.

I imagine it works similarly to Heavy Rain. In that game there are multiple characters, and each character has a number of scenes in which they can die. There's one character, though, that can only die/fail towards the end of the game, and there's an ending dedicated to that situation. So even if you take the worst route possible you'll still get to or near the end - your story will just change accordingly.
They all die.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lip syncing is trash

Think it's time for me to stop watching these. Too much gets shown. Suffice to say I am so hyped for this.

Jesus every trailer they release gets more and more intense.

Pumped for this game!

As a fan of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls very much looking forward to this but I'm now getting a little alarmed that there is the possibility that this game could get censored or banned since there has been a bit of a stir about a certain scene in it involving domestic violence.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/04/detroit-become-human-domestic-violence-concern/
just saw that channel 9 have jumped on this aswell, hopefully it's not gonna get censored, there is plenty worse out there, if anything I think this would create more awareness towards the topic of domestic violence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back