Multiplat Diablo 4

Remove this Banner Ad

D3 seasons and rifts worked like the carrot on the string analogy. It had you keep coming back. The game is meant to be a grind but D3's reward loop was stimulating enough. D4 was a massive own goal. They nailed the story experience and the world is darker and more grim than 3, but the entire end game is just the grind part with very little reward.

I still have faith in the long term though. Blizzard don't stop supporting their main games and D3 was poo at launch too and it took until the Reaper of Souls expansion before it is what it is now.
Can't fault this logic.

And you know what, when the expansion rolls along, i'll gladly smash that out also. Fingers crossed - with that comes the similar dangled carrot of something similar to rifts/greater rifts/set items/...... Cow level?

I get they wanted to try something new other than rifts for end game but nightmare dungeons have been a flop. The idea sounds good, it's almost the same thing and on paper probably sounds more like it gives the player more choice, but in the end everyone just picks their most favourable dungeons and modifiers. I loved the randomness of rifts and with how accessible they were it was always "just one more rift and I'm going to bed" which often turned into another hour lol. The first D4 season just felt like a massive chore after what was a really good experience with the story and my first character. I don't regret the purchase but the game has some ways to go before it's what D3 is.

Anyone still playing?

I gave up the single player in the middle level 60's. I skipped season 1 because I was so bored with the game. Having an absolute blast with season 2. The Vampire helltide style events are a lot of fun, you get a ton of legendary drops. I'm having a blast with the game again.
They've removed Gems from taking up slots in your inventory. They've hooked me, again. When you stumble upon the 3 pillars wanting the blood sacrifices, and one or two are already lit from online players... It's so much fun fighting the 3 bosses. It's not uncommon to get 5 or 6 legendary items from that alone.

Hi All, a question on Diablo 3 if anyone can help? I play my sons switch when I'm bored and have completed everything in Minecraft dungeons. My wife got me Diablo 3 for Christmas. I feel like I'm completely missing something with this game. It's incredibly boring. I started on the noob level which is just doing the same thing over and over. The levels just feel like the same as the level before with different graphics. Can anyone offer advice on how this game should be played or is it a lemon game that's well known in the community and I should trade for something else? Thanks.

Hi All, a question on Diablo 3 if anyone can help? I play my sons switch when I'm bored and have completed everything in Minecraft dungeons. My wife got me Diablo 3 for Christmas. I feel like I'm completely missing something with this game. It's incredibly boring. I started on the noob level which is just doing the same thing over and over. The levels just feel like the same as the level before with different graphics. Can anyone offer advice on how this game should be played or is it a lemon game that's well known in the community and I should trade for something else? Thanks.
I can't really answer that. Diablo has always been about fighting monsters for loot, upgrading your weapons/armour and rinse repeat. I find it hard to believe it's possible to get bored so quickly.

It's been years since I played Diablo 3, and I got about 60 hours from it before I moved on. I don't remember much, but if you're finding it so easy why not up the difficulty a bit more? Start a new character with a different class? I tend to start with a necromancer, I'm currently running a Sorcerer in Diablo 4. Are you playing seasonal content or are you doing the main story mode first?

I'd recommend going with the story mode first.

Not everyone gets it but not every game is for everybody either. Every Diablo follows a pretty simple and old gameplay hook that not everyone is going to be into. Kill monsters to get loot to kill more monsters to get better loot to kill harder monsters to get even better loot to kill even harder monsters etc etc.

I can't really answer that. Diablo has always been about fighting monsters for loot, upgrading your weapons/armour and rinse repeat. I find it hard to believe it's possible to get bored so quickly.

It's been years since I played Diablo 3, and I got about 60 hours from it before I moved on. I don't remember much, but if you're finding it so easy why not up the difficulty a bit more? Start a new character with a different class? I tend to start with a necromancer, I'm currently running a Sorcerer in Diablo 4. Are you playing seasonal content or are you doing the main story mode first?

I'd recommend going with the story mode first.
Thanks, I'm playing barbarian in the story mode. I've persisted with it a bit but I don't think it's the game for me.

Not everyone gets it but not every game is for everybody either. Every Diablo follows a pretty simple and old gameplay hook that not everyone is going to be into. Kill monsters to get loot to kill more monsters to get better loot to kill harder monsters to get even better loot to kill even harder monsters etc etc.
I just feel I'm smashing the A button and playing the same level over and over. I get new weapons but haven't even been close to dying. I think I'll move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone gone back in for Season 3?

Finding the seneschal and the addition of the vaults a bit more engaging than the previous couple of go arounds.
Played a few hours of season 3, hated it. Haven't thought about the game since. Season 2 was fantastic, though. Apparently season 1 and 3 were done by the same team, so hopefully season 4 is handled by the season 2 team.

I enjoy playing D4, after smashing D3 for a few years. I play enough to quickly get to Level 100 and onwards, but can't be bothered continually farming mats to get Uber uniques.

If you enjoy "D4 bad" satire, check our this AI music/human lyric YouTube channel:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back