Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice lads on which supps are best recommended for bulking. :thumbsu:

I head to the gym 3-4 times a week, and have done so consistently for around 6 months, and i've noticed i've become a heck of a lot stronger in my lifts over that time. In saying that, I have also put on a fair bit of lean muscle, and have a some noticable definition in my arms/back, however I have trouble packing on size. I've had an ecto body type all of my life, and whilst i've put on a bit of size over the duration of my gym workouts over the past 6 months, my body type now could be described as being that which is similar to say a sprinter. I guess you could say my workouts have made me look 'cut' rather than 'bulkier'.

Take note i'm apparently 19% body fat according to my scales at home, which is surprising given i'm overall quite slim. Nearly all of it is located around my midriff - slight belly, lovehandles. My muscle % is apparently 35.7, and I weigh 71 kgs at 177 cms.

Is this an indicator i'm not intaking enough protein? What brands do people recommend to help me put on bulk, and what other supps would help? Whey etc?

Cheers lads! :)

Isn't that the point of taking it?

What other benefits does it have for someone after hypertrophy other than it may make you sleep better?
The idea of melanotan is to give you a natural tan without having to spend hours in the sun.. Appetite suppressant is an added extra.

Need some advice lads on which supps are best recommended for bulking. :thumbsu:

I head to the gym 3-4 times a week, and have done so consistently for around 6 months, and i've noticed i've become a heck of a lot stronger in my lifts over that time. In saying that, I have also put on a fair bit of lean muscle, and have a some noticable definition in my arms/back, however I have trouble packing on size. I've had an ecto body type all of my life, and whilst i've put on a bit of size over the duration of my gym workouts over the past 6 months, my body type now could be described as being that which is similar to say a sprinter. I guess you could say my workouts have made me look 'cut' rather than 'bulkier'.

Take note i'm apparently 19% body fat according to my scales at home, which is surprising given i'm overall quite slim. Nearly all of it is located around my midriff - slight belly, lovehandles. My muscle % is apparently 35.7, and I weigh 71 kgs at 177 cms.

Is this an indicator i'm not intaking enough protein? What brands do people recommend to help me put on bulk, and what other supps would help? Whey etc?

Cheers lads! :)
BF scales are useless so ignore them, to put on size you need to eat a sufficient ammount of protein and when lifting you should be pushing yourself and not just be going through the motions.. Ive found thats the best way to add size..

Just came accross this:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-17/pre-workout-supplements/3774122
Gone are the days when exercise was as simple as lacing up a pair of shoes and heading out for a jog.
Now, more fitness buffs want to hit the ground running, so to speak.
The Australian Institute of Sport says there is a "trend" towards the use of pre-workout supplements, and body building companies are also citing an increase in demand.
Many users liken the effects to "being on speed", and experts say some products contain ingredients used in so-called "party drugs" and banned in competitive sports.
What's more, those who frequently use pre-workout supplements are becoming dependent on their energy hit.
Last week, one product was banned in some Queensland mines because it was being used by workers to stay awake on the job. There were also concerns miners were "hyped up" on the heavily-caffeinated supplement while operating machinery.
It is not just the mines where people are misusing the powerful, powdered formulas.

And it goes on lol

What protein powder you guys would recommend if I want to stay lean but keep my strength?

Depends what you mean.

If you mean brand - bulknutrients.com.au (because it's good quality and cheap)

If you mean type - get WPC

But in terms of keeping lean/strength that is an effect of diet and calorie intake, not protein powder.

You do without protein powder by simply eating more foods with protein sources (ie. meat).

Also you can keep your leanness/strength in a bulk or cut by only adjusting your calories slightly up/down from maintenance and not to extremes or large amounts.

What protein powder you guys would recommend if I want to stay lean but keep my strength?

I use this:

gaspari-nutrition-myofusion-hydro.jpg

Get it off bodybuilding.com

Anyone on strict diets atm? was just wondering because i get annoyed at myself when i have one or two days where i just dont follow the diet. I try to but when rents bring home a few chocalate bars and ice creams ect i just cant really resist unless i hide them. If i take one i end up eating a few. Anyone else on a strict diet, have days where they just dont follow it.

Ive been going well for about a month, than had a 1-2 mishap where i would have eaten too many cals/kjs but i probably did more running on these days and relied on cutting supps in my head (which is bad). Got another month-6 weeks to go.

Just wondering if anyone else has a few yoyo days, how regurlarly.

Cheers blokes, some great reviews about bulknutrients WPI so I'll give that a try :thumbsu:

Cheers blokes, some great reviews about bulknutrients WPI so I'll give that a try :thumbsu:

If your picking hairs than WPC is probs a millimeter better value. But if you have no worries about coin than def go with WPI. Especially for lean, toned ect as it has less fat and carbs from memory and more protein.

I'd go WPC over WPI purely because it's cheaper.

Only reason i'd buy WPI:

- If you are on a low carb/keto diet
- If you're lactose intolerant
- If you have endless supply of money

Also i wouldn't buy WPI if you were mixing with milk or another carb source, because you are essentially removing carbs and then adding them straight back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go WPC over WPI purely because it's cheaper.

Only reason i'd buy WPI:

- If you are on a low carb/keto diet
- If you're lactose intolerant
- If you have endless supply of money

Also i wouldn't buy WPI if you were mixing with milk or another carb source, because you are essentially removing carbs and then adding them straight back in.

Yeh im on WPC after finishing off WPI, changed flavours but dont notice any advantage/disadvantage to being able to drink one better than the other regarding taste. I personally cant drink any shake with water, it has to be milk.

However 13g carbs per serve of milk really isnt too much and as i said doesnt matter what im taking im taking it with milk. The WPI only has an advantage of about 5g fat and 4g carbs less than WPC and of course the extra 10g of protein per serve, but really isnt much.

I like my money, so will probably keep to the cheaper option, work harder in the gym because in my mind im telling myself i am taking 20g protein less, 8-10 carbs more, 10g fat more than that of WPI if i was taking that, so it helps with motivation and training for me aswell in a mental side.

Cant go wrong with any of them. Just dont buy hydrolised IMO. Just a new way to sell things for more. I know it probably helps 0.5% of the 100% to getting fit/strong/leaner/toned ect but not worth the coin.

Surely if the WPC changes your macros you accommodate that to ensure you're reaching your targets. FWIW I use WPI that little bit more expensive, however I skip that bit of fat and carbs and find it doesn't bloat my stomach. I found nothing worse than having my Post WO shake and then feeling like s**t for the next 30-60 minutes.

You really need to learn to drink shakes with water the extra calories is just waste especially when you're on this massive diet (even though through your own admission it gets broken because you can't say no to chocolate... come on chocolate?), after all, a champ did once say "milk is for babies."

after all, a champ did once say "milk is for babies."

Well bully for him. There are also plenty of people who know what they are talking about who reckon you should drink gallons of the stuff

Milk is one of the best body building foods there is. Where do you think Whey Protein comes from? :D

Will never be able to have shakes with water. If you pick the right milk which i feel i do in A tone pura which adds a little bit more of protein to my macros which really helps. I think i get about 30g of protein from milk a day, atleast 20 and i dont have cereal. I think my milk only has 12g of carbs per serving aswell, not too bad in the whole scheme of things.

I prefer WPI due to the less carbs and fat (more protein), but i dont see any difference between that and WPC in regards to digestion or taste.

Which flavour are your shakes? I'm using vanilla at the moment, and I'm actually finding the taste when I mix with water (from the fridge rather than room temperature) better than from mixing with milk.

Don't let the world of vegetables fool you, something doesn't have to taste bad for you to get benefits out of it. Is that extra 0.2 grams of sugar per serve in the flavoured stuff really going to be that detrimental?

Don't let the world of vegetables fool you, something doesn't have to taste bad for you to get benefits out of it. Is that extra 0.2 grams of sugar per serve in the flavoured stuff really going to be that detrimental?

Yes

#1 rule of Bodybuilding if you don't eat bland as s**t foods you are not taking it seriously.

(not srs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back