Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell * The foster mother has been recommended for charges of pervert the course of justice & interfere with a corpse

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
Wasn't the house already sold before WT disappeared? If so, RE agent would have taken those photos before the pictures were (re)hung and the clock placed where the oval picture was. Strange isn't it?
I think there were plans to sell the house at the time WT disappeared. But I also think those RE photos were taken at a much later date - possibly for a subsequent sale even. The furniture is totally different.

That photo is clearly not taken on the day of the FGM walkthrough. Different furniture, no mess in kitchen, no pictures on walls. The time in this photo is not relevant IMO.

HERE: is a still from the walkthrough - the 'clock' is not a clock
View attachment 1408494

Meh ... I still reckon it's a clock on the wall in the walkthrough. In other images there are places for every number on and around the face which are a bit clearer than in this image.

Google tells me that the winter solstice 2015 in Southern Hemisphere was at 2:38 am on
Monday 22 June.

on 48 Benaroon Drive on that date.

View attachment 1403006
Just in case this hasn't been responded to: solstices occur in winter and summer (June and December). In spring and autumn we have equinoxes (September and March). The day can be slightly different each year but it's around the 24th of those months as a general rule.

That's my handy guide

With DM being a .co.uk domiciled website and not a .com.au, does that provide for any leeway or releasing info that the Australian mastheads might consider a grey area around non-publications?

I guess what I am trying to say is are police using DM to try to get info out that the legals at other publications are not going near?
I had wondered about that too, but it looks like they were incorporated in NSW and would be bound by Australian law.

I had wondered about that too, but it looks like they were incorporated in NSW and would be bound by Australian law.

Court suppression and non publication orders are generally binding on all news media organisations. They apply in Australia, so they prevent publication of information "in Australia", which would include publishing articles on the Internet. So, all media organisations whether incorporated in Australia or overseas are similarly bound by suppression and NPOs in Australia.

Court suppression and non publication orders are generally binding on all news media organisations. They apply in Australia, so they prevent publication of information "in Australia", which would include publishing articles on the Internet. So, all media organisations whether incorporated in Australia or overseas are similarly bound by suppression and NPOs in Australia.
That's true. As we all know it is not hard to find media from overseas though. DM does definitely appear to publish here and also seems pretty Australia focussed - which is a bit of a tell, really. I have to admit this is a bit of an assumptionon on my part as I don't tend to search it for my daily news. They do seem to get the 'scoops' on the TW case though. Personally, I just wanted to find out more about DM since I find myself reading it and they are sharing 'new' information. The fact that they conceal the faces of the foster family kind of made it twig first up that they are bound by Australian law, but hey, it's best not to jump to conclusions but have a little dig around to check.....Just like TheDudeAbide posted: it is .uk not .au after all.

Last edited:
There has been instances where high profile court cases have reported on in overseas countries where the case is subject to suppression orders in the country it has been heard in.

For example in the first George Pell case, the verdict was bound by suppression orders which Australian Media pled guilty to contempt of court for reporting on the case, however it was widely known who it was because overseas organisations were reporting on the outcome...a multitude of media organisations were fined a combined $1.5m plus costs but prosecutions were not sought on the international organisations whom reported on the case.

Media companies plead guilty to breaching suppression order in Pell stories

"The trial heard some overseas news outlets named Cardinal Pell and detailed the charges he was convicted of, but those outlets were not bound by the suppression order imposed by County Court Chief Judge Peter Kidd."

Let's not forget that suppression orders and NPOs don't JUST apply to the media.
They apply to all parties present in court, and party to information pertaining to the case.
So, that includes witnesses, informants, police, legal representatives etc.
DailyMail get their information from somebody.

The information Daily Mail is getting imo, is likely sourced from the Coroner's Inquiry and the witness statements I've seen, appear to have suppressed persons names substituted with initials that is consistent with the Coroner's format.

I'm not sure any of the information Daily Mail has released, would be covered by suppression orders and they've been careful with identifiers.

I hope it's ok to add this to William's thread? He's one of many long-term missing persons in Australia, and the families of others might be following his case. There was a story yesterday about the National DNA Program for Unidentified and Missing Persons, which is trying to find matches between unidentified human remains and long-term missing persons across Australia. The program will need help from families: DNA samples from biological relatives, for example, and details about their missing person.

"The DNA program hoping to solve Australia's most baffling missing persons cases", ABC News, 01 June 2022

I hope it's ok to add this to William's thread? He's one of many long-term missing persons in Australia, and the families of others might be following his case. There was a story yesterday about the National DNA Program for Unidentified and Missing Persons, which is trying to find matches between unidentified human remains and long-term missing persons across Australia. The program will need help from families: DNA samples from biological relatives, for example, and details about their missing person.

"The DNA program hoping to solve Australia's most baffling missing persons cases", ABC News, 01 June 2022
As far as we know, there is no human remains in William's case, nor any unidentified DNA which the police are working with. Should any unidentified remains be found, DNA could (in theory) be easily compared to a sample taken from either of his bio parents, as long as they agree to being tested. He also has a living bio GM, at least one uncle, and several full or half siblings. No shortage of DNA.

Thankyou, I think it's alright that you put this on the thread. Of course, as you've said, this is not relevant for William Tyrell's case at this time, but it's probably a very important community announcement for the families of any missing persons, as you clearly pointed out, who might very well be following this case on this thread. It could be a big help. Thankyou so much for sharing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as we know, there is no human remains in William's case, nor any unidentified DNA which the police are working with. Should any unidentified remains be found, DNA could (in theory) be easily compared to a sample taken from either of his bio parents, as long as they agree to being tested. He also has a living bio GM, at least one uncle, and several full or half siblings. No shortage of DNA.
Yes, you're probably right about all of that. Just re the article: I think the point was that there's a new single national database which all families of missing persons need to know about. Anyone who previously gave DNA samples and information to police in an individual State or Territory might now want to check whether they should add anything new or extra for the national program.

John Korn is very ill and can't represent Bruce Lehrmann at the Brittany Higgins rape trial so the FM might have to find another barrister as well.

June 7 is tomorrow (in 1 hours time AEST).
So we'll find out who's representing her tomorrow (maybe).

June 7 is tomorrow (in 1 hours time AEST).
So we'll find out who's representing her tomorrow (maybe).
If she is not represented, she might get a deferral. In any case, it's probably just a Not Guilty plea and a date set (next year?) for the hearing. Or more Section 14- related delay? I'm not holding my breath for any revelation.

The Foster Mother's trial hearing went ahead this morning.
Here's a media report from what went down.

'Police informant to give evidence in trial of William Tyrrell's foster mother
By Jamie McKinnell
Posted 50m ago

A police informant will be called as a witness during a two-day court hearing for William Tyrrell's foster mother, who denies giving misleading or false information to the NSW Crime Commission.

The charges relate to evidence the 56-year-old gave during a hearing into William's disappearance from his foster grandmother's home.
William was last seen at the property at Kendall, on the NSW Mid-North Coast, in September 2014.

The foster mother, who cannot be identified, did not appear during a brief mention of her case at Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court today.

Police Prosecutor Amin Assaad told the court it would be a "voluminous" matter.

"We anticipate calling one witness, that's the police informant," he said.

The hearing will involve about 500 pages of evidence and transcript from the Crime Commission, and possibly some audio recordings of the commission, the magistrate was told.

The woman's plea of not guilty was confirmed.

The NSW Crime Commission works alongside NSW Police and can hold hearings and supply evidence to courts to facilitate prosecutions.
The maximum sentence for misleading the body is five years imprisonment.

William foster father, who also cannot be named, has pleaded not guilty to two charges of giving false or misleading evidence to the crime commission.
He will face a two-day hearing in October, where audio recordings of his police interview are expected to be played.

Nobody has ever been arrested or charged over three-year-old William's disappearance, despite a $1 million reward being offered and hundreds of persons of interest being interviewed.

There was a renewed police search around areas of interest in Kendall last year.'

John Korn is very ill and can't represent Bruce Lehrmann at the Brittany Higgins rape trial so the FM might have to find another barrister as well.

Rylie Hahn-Hamilton (Marsdens Law Group) represented the FM today in court.
The FM was already reported to be using a Marsdens solicitor (Sharon Ramsden) in late 2021.

'November 21, 2021 - 6:00AM'
'The woman has also retained solicitor Sharon Ramsden from Marsdens.'

'William Tyrrell’s foster mother to fight false or misleading charge
June 7, 2022 - 2:01PM'

'on Tuesday her legal representative Rylie Hahn-Hamilton told Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court registrar James Wiseman that a hearing date needed to be set so the foster mother could fight the charge.

The court was told the hearing would be expected to last two days, with the prosecution to call a “police informant” as a witness.'

Rylie Hahn-Hamilton (Marsdens Law Group) represented the FM today in court.
The FM was already reported to be using a Marsdens solicitor (Sharon Ramsden) in late 2021.

'November 21, 2021 - 6:00AM'
'The woman has also retained solicitor Sharon Ramsden from Marsdens.'

'William Tyrrell’s foster mother to fight false or misleading charge
June 7, 2022 - 2:01PM'

'on Tuesday her legal representative Rylie Hahn-Hamilton told Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court registrar James Wiseman that a hearing date needed to be set so the foster mother could fight the charge.

The court was told the hearing would be expected to last two days, with the prosecution to call a “police informant” as a witness.'

It was just a mention today, top barristers typically don't show for those.

The Foster Mother's trial hearing went ahead this morning.
Here's a media report from what went down.

'Police informant to give evidence in trial of William Tyrrell's foster mother
By Jamie McKinnell
Posted 50m ago

A police informant will be called as a witness during a two-day court hearing for William Tyrrell's foster mother, who denies giving misleading or false information to the NSW Crime Commission.

The charges relate to evidence the 56-year-old gave during a hearing into William's disappearance from his foster grandmother's home.
William was last seen at the property at Kendall, on the NSW Mid-North Coast, in September 2014.

The foster mother, who cannot be identified, did not appear during a brief mention of her case at Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court today.

Police Prosecutor Amin Assaad told the court it would be a "voluminous" matter.

"We anticipate calling one witness, that's the police informant," he said.

The hearing will involve about 500 pages of evidence and transcript from the Crime Commission, and possibly some audio recordings of the commission, the magistrate was told.

The woman's plea of not guilty was confirmed.

The NSW Crime Commission works alongside NSW Police and can hold hearings and supply evidence to courts to facilitate prosecutions.
The maximum sentence for misleading the body is five years imprisonment.

William foster father, who also cannot be named, has pleaded not guilty to two charges of giving false or misleading evidence to the crime commission.
He will face a two-day hearing in October, where audio recordings of his police interview are expected to be played.

Nobody has ever been arrested or charged over three-year-old William's disappearance, despite a $1 million reward being offered and hundreds of persons of interest being interviewed.

There was a renewed police search around areas of interest in Kendall last year.'
So, it sounds like there is a police informant rather than only information that the police have gathered themselves from recordings etc. I would imagine that if the information were just from police recordings etc that this would not be the case and it would be a LE officer to give testimony. If so, that seems interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back