D4 Division 4 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised at some of the blow out scores on the weekend. NM/SM and Parkside/SMD.. I feel like Elsternwick will sneak and play finals which would be an amazing effort and they can really cause a stir. They have 2 players in the top 5 goal kicking stats as well so they have the firepower.
Quite a few clubs have players playing both games which is a sign of struggling numbers. I went down to watch NB v SM and noticed quite a few players doubling up. NB 2's looked very good as did their 1s, I think they'll be the team to beat in both grades.
Everyone has their premiership tips in for the seniors, who are we tipping in the reserves?

I was surprised at some of the blow out scores on the weekend. NM/SM and Parkside/SMD.. I feel like Elsternwick will sneak and play finals which would be an amazing effort and they can really cause a stir. They have 2 players in the top 5 goal kicking stats as well so they have the firepower.
Quite a few clubs have players playing both games which is a sign of struggling numbers. I went down to watch NB v SM and noticed quite a few players doubling up. NB 2's looked very good as did their 1s, I think they'll be the team to beat in both grades.
Everyone has their premiership tips in for the seniors, who are we tipping in the reserves?

Yeah we had 5 guys play two games on Saturday, one of which got knocked out in the twos and couldn’t play ones
We rested 6-7 guys who had niggling injuries as well with an eye towards the next two weeks

My tips
South Mornington
North Brunswick

Yes I did see that Bob, I was on the south side of the ground but from a distance, looked like a fair contest and just one of those unfortunate things.... it was a great mark though. Lets hope for you sake he is okay to play next week.
STFX seem to be sneaking under the radar a bit with a lot of talk surrounding NB and Parkside... I recon they'll play off in a grand final against either Parkside or NB.
Congratulations to Masala on another win, great effort....

Yes I did see that Bob, I was on the south side of the ground but from a distance, looked like a fair contest and just one of those unfortunate things.... it was a great mark though. Lets hope for you sake he is okay to play next week.
STFX seem to be sneaking under the radar a bit with a lot of talk surrounding NB and Parkside... I recon they'll play off in a grand final against either Parkside or NB.
Congratulations to Masala on another win, great effort....

Yeah fair contest just rolled over the guy and landed awkwardly, he wanted to play Seniors but we decided not to play him

Who are we tipping to finish off the H&A season?
Box Hill v Masala - Box Hill to finish on a high
South Mornington v Elsternwick - both teams with everything to play for, I think Elsternwick win by a few goals
South Melbourne v North Brunswick - tricky one, I think South Melbourne might just get over the line with NM resting players
Mt Lilydale v Parkside - Parkside to win this comfortably
Eley Park v St Francis Xavier - St Francis by 8 goals

Who are we tipping to finish off the H&A season?
Box Hill v Masala - Box Hill to finish on a high
South Mornington v Elsternwick - both teams with everything to play for, I think Elsternwick win by a few goals
South Melbourne v North Brunswick - tricky one, I think South Melbourne might just get over the line with NM resting players
Mt Lilydale v Parkside - Parkside to win this comfortably
Eley Park v St Francis Xavier - St Francis by 8 goals

Masala 10pts
Sth Morno 1pt
Nth Brunswick 90pts
Parkside 89pts
Eley Park 1pt

R18 tips:
Box Hill North v Masala. Masala have hit form lately, but BHN might just get home with the home ground advantage. - Box Hill to finish on a high
South Mornington v Elsternwick. Match of the round, and very difficult to pick. All comes down to how many players SM get back and how they recover from last week's belting. Elsternwick are coming good at the right time but, judging from the scoreline, their win over Eley Park wasn't that comprehensive. With the home ground advantage, think SM might get home by about 2 goals, but the worst scenario - Elsternwick score a narrow win but SM make the finals - is well and truly possible.
South Melbourne v North Brunswick. Until last week I thought SMD might be able to win this if NB rests players but now think this will only be the case if NB take the field with about 16 blokes.
Mt Lilydale v Parkside. Parkside, easily.
Eley Park v St Francis Xavier. SFX, but not so easily.

News out of Box Hill North that club legend Cam Liston (ruck machine) is hanging up the boots after this week. Love or hate him he’s been a dominant play in D4 for a long time ❤️
Tips -
Box hill 2 goals
South Mornington 5 goals
North Brunswick 8 goals
Parkside 14 goals
St Francis 8 goals

News out of Box Hill North that club legend Cam Liston (ruck machine) is hanging up the boots after this week. Love or hate him he’s been a dominant play in D4 for a long time ❤️
Tips -
Box hill 2 goals
South Mornington 5 goals
North Brunswick 8 goals
Parkside 14 goals
St Francis 8 goals

Good onya Ruck Machine enjoyed all the battles over the years

Surprisingly quiet on here given the results on the weekend. Big congratulations to SMD who pulled off a huge upset and have snuck into the finals. Did NB rest players or were SMD districts the better side?
It' going to be a great finals series.
Garvey Oval as the location also, I believe it's quite a big ground, will that suit any particular teams?

Surprisingly quiet on here given the results on the weekend. Big congratulations to SMD who pulled off a huge upset and have snuck into the finals. Did NB rest players or were SMD districts the better side?
It' going to be a great finals series.
Garvey Oval as the location also, I believe it's quite a big ground, will that suit any particular teams?

Too soon

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky Bob, was not meant to be this season but still a great effort for your boys to come from clubbies and really push for finals. Hopefully you get a bit more consistency with players on the park next season and there's no reason why you cant build to a premiership in the seasons to come.

That’s the plan, good luck to everyone in finals

Big and surprising ending to the regular season with SMD sneaking in. You could argue that Elsternwick (ended with three wins) may have been the more deserving than SMD (LWLW) and SM (three losses), but them's the breaks.

Looking ahead to finals:
2nd Semi.
I only saw North Brunswick and Parkside play once (the first half of NB vs SM and the second half of Parkside vs SMD a couple of weeks ago) and the experience didn't shed much light on how good they really are, so I can only go on past form. NB beat Parkside at Parkside quite comfortably in R6 (101-39), and again at home in R15 (59-85). By all accounts, NB seem to have the better depth. Think that NB should win by about 20pts.

1st Semi.
SFX have third best for most of the year, losing twice each to Parkside and North Brunswick (their other loss being to South Mornington). It is hard to talk about SMD and form: in the last four weeks of the season, they lost to Masala (10th), beat Sth Mornington (then 4th), got hammered by Parkside (2nd), then beat North Brunswick (1st). SMD actually beat SFX in R5 (by 1pt at home) but this was before they dropped away badly. SFX smacked them by 88pts at SFX's ground later in the season. Some of SMD's late season revival seems to have been based on U19s, who will be playing their own 1st semi this weekend. Think SFX by about 40pts.

Can't be arsed trying to give a full season wrap. Well done to Chadstone over in Thirds: they reliably got 2 sides on the park for a 16-round season and their 1sts (Section 4) finished only a game out of the finals. Hopefully they will return to divisional comp next year.

My tips:
2nd Semi Seniors:
North Brunswick by 5 points over Parkside
1st Semi Seniors:
St Francis X by 30 points over South Melbourne

2nd Semi Reserves:
St Francis X by 12 points over North Brunswick
1st Semi Reserves:
Parkside by 27 points over South Melbourne.

Looking forward to a great day at Garvey Oval

Well Done to Nth Brunny well deserved jump into Div3. Good luck in the big one and depending on how we go this week rapt to host you guys again at Warrior Park.

Congratulations to North Brunswick for 2 great wins. I was really impressed with both of their sides willingness to attack the footy and spread. Also credit to St Francis X 2's and Parkside seniors on a great effort, I'm sure both teams will bounce back.
Does anyone know how the NB player is who got hurt? Must have been quite serious given the ambulance was called. Hope he is ok. I doubt he'd play in the grand final which means NB will have at least 1 forced change.
Parkside v St Francis X next week will be an absolute belter! If both teams got through their own games on the weekend unscathed look out, what a game it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back