Do You Use A Case &/or Screen Protector on Your Smart Phone?

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Really for my own curiosity. Interested to see how common a particular set up is for smart phone uses. I myself absolutely loathe cases, and find they actually contribute the most damage to previous devices I've had, so on my 6S I'm just running a screen protector. It's scuffed on the back a tad but nothing major.

Curious to hear how others protect their smart phones.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Never used one for 4 plus or maybe 5 plus years on two iPhones.

Recently busted my screen, paid for a new one, small cracks again within a month.

Now use a case and don't mind it after initially really disliking it.

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
Always run a thin Spigen case that hopefully protects it from the occasional drop. Have dropped my S7 a couple of times and the case has protected it like a charm.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep, not worth the risk. Usually get Hybrid cases (rubber bumper with a thin backing) and a tempered glass screen protector, but the screen protectors for the S7 appear to be pretty ordinary so I'm using a Spigen Wallet case.

mutecake

Rookie
Feb 25, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Philles, Phildephia Eagles, Flyers
Ive always gone with cases on my iphones. Figure a case is cheaper than a new screen. I used to add the screen protector but now the glass is pretty good about not getting scratched so I give that a miss.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Always have a case and screen protector. Typically a grippy silicon case that just covers the back and a glass screen protector.

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
I got a UAG case for my new S7. No screen protector though
Looks really nice and if necessary, is tough as nails

Without a case, the phone just feels too slippery to me and I'm always worried about dropping it

HulkSmash

Just a bit outside...
Jan 7, 2020
Rent-free in your head
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NK, NUJ, SK, ST, NSWW, NSWP, MUFC
Yes. Especially if you're on a plan. But I look after mine, I don't drop mine like its hot melted butter in my hands.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Have used a mophie battery case with my last three iPhones, plus a decent glass screen protector. The former adds bulk to the phone but ensures it's in pristine condition for resale when it's time to upgrade.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I haven't used screen protectors for a couple o of years now but always a heavy duty silicon or rubberized case.

The reason I don't bother with the screen protector? I dropped my phone a couple of years ago for the first time ever and it broke the screen but left the screen protector fully intact. Luckily Samsung replaced it for free.

Back