Autopsy Dogs DISCOMBOBULATE the Bombres: 93 - 51 - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt that Libba has been fired up by Beveridge questioning his future in public. A master ploy from the coach. Liberatore is setting the dogs up time after time with his quick thinking and decisive ball movement. I wouldn't give him a rest, he wouldn't want one anyway when he has a point tp prove and he wants another contract.

My only question on English was his marking. That's been answered this yr. And last night just underlined it. Shorter quarters have been a godsend for Tim as he was often chopped up in red time and blew up.in second halves last yr. He keeps improving at this rate and he will leave Scott Wynd and Grundy in his wake.
Gun.

Loved Weightman for the same reason I don't like Bailey Dale and Schache.Weightman wants it more and nothing showed that more than Weightman's first touch when he knocked Dale out of the way to get the pill. Last night was the beginning of the end for Dale. Finally.

Kudos to Libba and Wally.love them and am thrilled Bev is finally playing them in position.

That English tap to Bont and a scintilating pass to Suckling on his wrong foot will be replayed forever. It doesn't get any better than that.

And handing a can of whup ass to the cheats - again.

I am pleased.

My only question on English was his marking. That's been answered this yr. And last night just underlined it. Shorter quarters have been a godsend for Tim as he was often chopped up in red time and blew up.in second halves last yr. He keeps improving at this rate and he will leave Scott Wynd and Grundy in his wake.
Gun.

Loved Weightman for the same reason I don't like Bailey Dale and Schache.Weightman wants it more and nothing showed that more than Weightman's first touch when he knocked Dale out of the way to get the pill. Last night was the beginning of the end for Dale. Finally.

Kudos to Libba and Wally.love them and am thrilled Bev is finally playing them in position.

That English tap to Bont and a scintilating pass to Suckling on his wrong foot will be replayed forever. It doesn't get any better than that.

And handing a can of whup ass to the cheats - again.

I am pleased.
Who comes in for Dale? Gowers has had his chances, Lloyd was worse than Dale before his injury and he’s getting on, Dickson is done, Cavarra doesn’t look like an AFL player, Richards isn’t a forward. I really don’t think Dale has been that bad.

I still dont get the Tregove love. Doesn't improve us one bit. He's a plodder. I love his effort, but he offers little else.
I do like him as a ruckman. Gives his all and drives the ball forward. The problem is that we really can’t take ruck minutes away from Tim, and I think Tim has come on quicker than Bevo expected. Otherwise Trengove might have had a good three year go as our first ruck. I’m pretty sure that’s what we got him for first and foremost.

When everyone is doing their job, Cordy and Keath are more than adequate down back so a big, lumbering backman with a knack for horrific turnovers at the wrong moment isn’t needed. Barring injury he’s obviously finished.

Rewatch the one where Dale crashes the pack, brings ball to ground and allows Wally the extra half second he needs to snap and goal in the third. At the end of the goal celebration, Wally is clearly pumping Dale up and rapt with the contest.
People are very hard on Dale. Unlike most he kicks straight when it matters most, in front of the sticks.
Super important win. I thought we would win, and had to win, considering there outs if we were to do anything this year. But hub life is going to be a drag if you start losing. Teams will quickly fall off the cliff I feel, hence important to keep the positivity in camp with W’s.

Who comes in for Dale? Gowers has had his chances, Lloyd was worse than Dale before his injury and he’s getting on, Dickson is done, Cavarra doesn’t look like an AFL player, Richards isn’t a forward. I really don’t think Dale has been that bad.
I didn't mean Bale will be dropped next week necessarily just that he will struggle in the future. Wallis, Bruce, Ugle, Naughton, a resting mid and Weightman will be core when Dales contract next comes up. Will be fringe at best IMO.

Last edited:
I like seeing the Libba Appreciation Society in this thread. I remember watching the match last night and when seeing Libba do his usual work, thinking how comforting it is to just see him out there. He really is a huge part of us doing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our forward line is coming along.

We just need a speedy pressure forward to compliment the mix.
I still really like Westy and McLean for that role, but the FWD line still needs some kicking coaching. The scoreline flattered how bad some of our kicks for goal were. There was 3 if I can remember that were out on the full, all near 30 out at a with no more than a 45-degree angle.....it was cringe-worthy.

Shout to out to Wally, he is simply making that Med Fwd role his. I fell super confident in him out of all our Fwd's lining up for goal, and the pressure when he doesn't have the ball is fantastic.

I don't think he's ever played wing at VFL level, let alone AFL level. Was a weird call.
I think he has a real future with us, but as an intercepting defender.
There were a few weird calls last night for line ups, gotta say when myself and the section I was in saw Suckers, Ed and a 1st gamer in Weightman line up the Fwd for the bounce, myself and quite a few doggie supporters around me did not have much confidence in the Dog's kicking a winning score.
So I'm happy to give myself an uppercut and admit I'm wrong.

But wow fantastic output from the mids, Bont/Jack/Libber/Smithy and English had their best game together for the year.

Our defense had a pretty easy night tonight. I was just thinking about our best players and none of our defenders stand out. Guess that's a great thing in all honesty.
Ahh the 1st and 2nd quarters had me worried as the bombers were moving the ball out of the back line far too easy, Keath what an absolute f@#ken bargain...mind blown

- Western Bulldogs receive Alex Keath and 2020 third-round pick (bottom of the ladder...late late 2nd pick)

- Adelaide pick 45 and 2020 second-round pick

Bailey Williams/Woody great work from them last night.

Mitch Wallis is a very good one on one player in the forward line.
He's also quietly become the one I trust the most to kick straight, there were some shanks last night.
3 out on the full and a point poster(also out on the full)

Does anyone know who our goalkicking coach is??

My criticism of Dale is his softness. But I reckon he's been better since the first two rounds. Puts his body on the line a bit more. Was important against Sydney. Definitely has skills and genuine goal sense (which we don't have much of).

If it's not Dale it's Dickson or Lloyd. Dickson is not really the future. Lloyd isn't either and he's even softer than Dale and probably not as good overhead.

My concern is when Dale and Lloyd are in the same team. Too much of the same.

I didn't mean Bale will be dropped next week necessarily just that he will struggle in the future. Wallis, Bruce, Ugle, Naughton, a resting mid and Weightman will be core when Dales contract next comes up. Will be fringe at best IMO.
You might be right. Could be Dale v JUH for that sixth spot. Nice looking forward line.

It was good to see Hunter spend more time in the middle last night, allowing Vanders, Richards, Young on the wings and Bont some forward time. Also loving Libba and Wallis and there influence on the games and teammates it warms my Bulldog heart.
Agree on Hunter, totally think that could be a great position for him, he's excellent with his hands in close and in traffic (libber light version).
Vanders and Richards have just gone past him on the wing with their quicker/more direct running and their delivery in the Fwd line.

It's gonna be interesting to see how we find a balance when Dunkley is available. We'll have 5 gun midfielders all justifying a good proportion of midfield minutes.

I can see all 5 playing around 60% of match time on ball (adding up to 300%), with Bont, Libba and Dunks spending time forward and Macrae and Smith rotating through a wing.

Most of the time we'd have 2 of Bont/Macrae/Dunkley and 1 of Smith/Libba in the guts.

That gives us great flexibility in tinkering with combinations and non-stop quality in the middle.
Yeah, use of that second wing will be the key. Lipinski, Vander, Richards, McLean, West, Suckling, Jong all battling it out for two or three spots off the bench.

With the dale discussion I don’t think anyone could argue that he has gone backwards this season.

He has always been soft, but the last 10 weeks or whatever it was last year he was dangerous in every game up until the final, even 5 in a losing team against the saints. This year I feel he has relaxed knowing he has a spot in the team due to last years form and isn’t working as hard and as a result is not impacting games as much, I have no stats to back that up just that his form is well below last year and what I’ve seen from our games this year.

Have no issue with him being soft as long as he’s hitting the scoreboard regularly and this season he’s not. 5 goals 3 behinds and an average of 9 touches is not enough from 7 games. That’s one shot a game on average

Remove this Banner Ad

Back