Game Day Dogs vs Demons: Top of the Tables Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, nope. Missing players are not the reason for this. We’ve been given a thumping and it’s almost entirely our own fault.

Melbourne is a very good team but you're right tonight has been pretty much our all own doing.

We are getting our hands on the ball first...

First Possessions
WB: 28
ME: 23

Plus getting more effective clearances...

Effective Clearances
WB: 21
ME: 19

This is where we are losing it...

Scores From Turnovers
WB: 27
ME: 57

Defensive Half Intercept Marks
WB: 3
ME: 11

Better team winning on the night. Unfortunately our usual best performers are well off the boil and our better kicks have been poor. Further damped by Garcia's head knock.
Melbourne have their best 22 playing unfortunately 10 of ours are in the rehab group. Doesn't look like we have many coming back soon either unfortunately.

We refuse to play directly and up the corridor. We've had heaps of the ball. What the fu** is the game plan here????

our first thought is to go laterally and had just robbed us of what little momentum we have been able to generate. It has to be a coaching directive and it’s just bizarre to watch.

We have looked most dangerous when we kick forward quickly and the ball hits the ground.

But because our players are really dumb, we play a very slow brand of football, constantly trying to be precise to avoid being intercepted.

Bruce being a downhill skiier doesn't help. Easy to perform well against rubbish, but against a tough defence, refuses to present.
I don’t blame the tall forwards tonight, it’s been the little blokes that have been poor

all good fellas, we are locked down in a once in a century pandemic, getting flogged by a punch of private school campaigners, misses just called me a aunt and has gone to bed, top night, we’ll be fine

That was such a disappointing quarter. We had the chance to make amends for the first half and we just couldn't. I really thought that we would have done better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. If we lost by a couple of goals after a good performance. You’re not concerned that out of the four times we’ve been tested in game by a good team - WC, Port, Richmond and Melbourne - we’ve been found sorely wanting twice?

Not really. Form in the first half of the year counts for nothing apart from banking points. We'll see who is playing the best brand in September. I'm not saying I'm confident; I just don't think it's panic time. We are a decent side and we'll be thereabouts.

Great to see Weed make an impact that quarter, fantastic performance to this point.

And Trent Rivers - Good looking and can play football as well.

Yawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back