Social Domestic grievances. That's it, let it all out.

Remove this Banner Ad

We had our telly for around a year before our toddler found a toggle at the back we didn't know of. Little bloke would then just up and flick through the channels whenever he didn't agree with the current programming, until i'd put his YouTube videos on for him.

Remote with chord, i remember those days fondly. Moving the chair to as far as the remote would let you be to fast forward through the ads on a video.

Remember falling asleep to a video then waking up in shock as it hit auto rewind ...sound like a train speeding thru the room!

Remember falling asleep to a video then waking up in shock as it hit auto rewind ...sound like a train speeding thru the room!
Parents spent about $900 on this baby when it hit the streets back in the early 80's. Please note cordless remote!!

$_86.JPG

another couple that bother me.

the TV remote.

I can NEVER find it - just go use the button you lazy bugger you might say - this may have been an option back in the day with the big turny channel knob, not any more.

TV companies in their wisdom have gone for minimalist design look over practicality - with the largest screens possible, the buttons are usually ingeniously hidden under a bottom face or round the back somewhere where the only way you can actually see the with your own eyes, is to get on a skateboard on your back, and roll under. its not practical to use the buttons anymore, they are a strictly a break glass option now.

so the remote, where is it?

she dosent know

why?

cause she has to hide it from the kids - they are good finders so she needs to hide it in good places.

so not only am I trying to find a misplaced remote - im actually trying to find a purposely hidden misplaced remote!

usually first try the cracks in the couch cushions, between books in the book shelf, under the couches - I tell you what - my show is half over by thew time I find it.

I just want to de evolve the remote, bring back the chord.
Get a Tile or similar, and stick it on the remote. It works on Bluetooth connection. You ring it from your phone/pc and it makes a racket so you can find it. I don't have a problem with the remote, but once I lost my keys for 2 months because my (then toddler) daughter swiped them, I eventually found them in a toy box inside a toy handbag. Now I have them on all my keys, purse, handbag, luggage, security keys etc.

Dishwasher- check

Make-up in en suite- check

Here's a slightly different one- better half removing then leaving her shoes near the car pedals to drive barefoot. In your own car? Sure. In a shared family car? GTFO.

Oh, and a warning for those with pets en route to kids- dogs love shitty nappies!

Dishwasher- check

Make-up in en suite- check

Here's a slightly different one- better half removing then leaving her shoes near the car pedals to drive barefoot. In your own car? Sure. In a shared family car? GTFO.

Oh, and a warning for those with pets en route to kids- dogs love shitty nappies!

shoes under car pedals and you know shes trying to hurt you...

actually I do have a similar one

mrs moon never leaves her thongs (flip flops) or slippers in the one place - she can never find them

of course mine are always located next to the door where required. I have spent many a moon (no pun) cultivating my perfect foot print in those things, they hug my foot perfec... next minute. where's my thongs? wheres my moccos? I see her flomping around in them being far too big, foot print getting all messed up :p

on worse occasions shes only been able to find one of hers so takes one of mine! two different thongs or moccos!

now mine are critically spread across the house too.

how bout this one - I know this is a common scene..

moon: wanna watch a movie?
mrs moon: yeh ok - you choose
moon: how bout this?
mrs moon: nah
moon: this?
mrs moon: nah
moon: this?
mrs moon - nah
moon: you told me to choose, ok, here's one - a romantic rom com (I bow to something inferior so we can watch something together.)
mrs moon - ok yeh that one.

5 mins later she's scrolling on her phone not even watching while im watching tripe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What, leaving the shoes behind afterwards? That's pretty strange.

I do take shoes off to drive barefoot though, especially if they have heels or are open toe. I think technically driving barefoot is illegal, but it's safer than getting the pedal caught up in the shoe when you're trying to drive.

I take my shoes/thongs off whenever possible

I have a very wide food, most shoes constrict me and either hurt, or just annoy me- especially when I walk, I need the splay room

on top of that I once read a study that said there is a huge increase in brain activity when barefoot feet are walking on the ground - while walking barefoot every little muscle and nerve in the foot is sending messages upstairs, constantly re aligning your hips and spine - shoes block alot of this out

plus - I need all the brain activity I can get..

scezza have you gone down the minimalist running route?

with the 'barefoot sole' style shoes?

ive been trying a pair of merrell ones, took a little while to get used to but I couldn't be without them now

I take my shoes/thongs off whenever possible

I have a very wide food, most shoes constrict me and either hurt, or just annoy me- especially when I walk, I need the splay room

on top of that I once read a study that said there is a huge increase in brain activity when barefoot feet are walking on the ground - while walking barefoot every little muscle and nerve in the foot is sending messages upstairs, constantly re aligning your hips and spine - shoes block alot of this out

plus - I need all the brain activity I can get..

scezza have you gone down the minimalist running route?

with the 'barefoot sole' style shoes?

ive been trying a pair of merrell ones, took a little while to get used to but I couldn't be without them now
Nope. After having some issues with different shoes in the past I have settled on Asics, in particular the GT-2000s and now I am onto the GT-2000 5's. I love them.

What, leaving the shoes behind afterwards? That's pretty strange.

I do take shoes off to drive barefoot though, especially if they have heels or are open toe. I think technically driving barefoot is illegal, but it's safer than getting the pedal caught up in the shoe when you're trying to drive.
And yet I don't believe driving with thongs on is illegal, even though it is infinitely worse than driving barefoot and anyone who isn't an idiot knows that.

The little strainer plug for the sink. It serves a purpose. Last night cleaning up the kitchen i see it resting askew over a plughole filled up with bits of food. Grrr.
So much this.

This isn't anybody in particular's fault, but when your dishwasher has a timer for when it needs to go on and you try to set it so it goes on after midnight and it just starts anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back