Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

The simple solution to the birth certificate thing would just be to change the word 'gender' to 'sex'. Biological sex is a real thing and cannot be changed. Gender is just some dumb s**t that humans made up.

Boggles the mind that Rex wasn't returned.
Yeah. As expected the general view is that the vote for a moderate independent from SA in the Senate was split between Rex and 'look at me' Xenophon resulting in neither of them getting up.

Might even see a Clive Palmer get the last SA senate seat as a result.

Last edited:

That's not what I'm doing. A zero year old, zero day old, human, has a gender, and it's a lot more pertinent information to that child than most of the other s**t they have to put on there.
Nah. What you are doing is showing you don't understand what the word 'gender' means.

And in any case wtf gives a s**t what other people put on their birth certificate in any case. Sheesh.

(had to take you off ignore for a moment for a laugh).

Last edited:
Greens have said they will put pressure on the government to review the capital gains tax concession for residential home investments which would be a great outcomes.

But Antony Green just said on ABC radio that he thinks the ALP holding a clear majority in the House of Reps is looking more likely so the Greens bargaining power could be limited.

The simple solution to the birth certificate thing would just be to change the word 'gender' to 'sex'. Biological sex is a real thing and cannot be changed. Gender is just some dumb s**t that humans made up.
Yep.

Of course the simpler thing would be to expect people to have a basic understanding of what words actually mean before commenting and getting upset about something that has nothing to do with them in any case.

But that is never going to happen is it?

I don't disagree with any of that but my point was;

1. The primary vote doesn't mean much in terms of the result, funding notwithstanding.
2. Greens preferences almost always flow to ALP, ergo it's a 'safe' protest vote for a Labor voter to make.
3. The primary vote is a tally of all votes for a particular party, with the exception being that National and Liberal votes are combined under The Coalition, which is a well known part of our elections for over 60 years.
I agree with you on pt 3 - understand now what you are getting at, and pt 2 because the last 4 elections and looks like this one, Greens preferences are now 80%+ Labor as per Antony Green's analysis below.

The Democrats losing the status the biggest player after the 2 majors has meant the Greens vote has become a defacto Labor vote overall, or 80% defacto, but there will be individual electorates where that isn't the case. Less so now, than a decade ago.

But I can't agree on Pt 1. If the coalition or Labor get say 42% of the primary vote, they will form government and a decent majority and need very few 2nd preferences to get over the line.

If housing interest rates are at 8-10% come next election, and inflation at 5-7% unemployment at 8%, then a 33% primary vote, isn't going to keep Labor in office.

November 2019 article

January 2022 article

Yes.

There would still be a few crazies though against it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do most 'right wingers' care about other people's gender and sexuality or is it just a vocal minority of dickheads who use their platforms to try stir up 'left wingers'?
I only really care when people mention it with AFL.

1) There has never been and currently isn't an openly homosexual male player. Anyone suggesting otherwise claiming to be in the know is either spreading rumours or talking about something that the person in question doesn't want talked about.
2) Being the first anything in a scene normally populated by hetero white Australian men is a big deal, and a non hetero player is no exception. It's a big deal for the right reasons. Breaking down barriers.

That's about it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

One of the great stories from the election was seeing the first ever Vietnamese refugee elected to the Federal Parliament.

Dai Le overturned Labor's huge 14% margin to defeat former senator and NSW premier Kristina Keneally who Labor parachuted from the northern suburbs of Sydney to the multicultural outer west metro seat of Fowler.

A kick in the balls to the arrogant catholic right faction of the Labor Party who pre-selected Keneally over another candidate of Vietnamese origins (young Vietnamese-Australian lawyer Tu Le)who was a resident of the electorate and the preference of the local ALP branch.

Last edited:
Do most 'right wingers' care about other people's gender and sexuality or is it just a vocal minority of dickheads who use their platforms to try stir up 'left wingers'?

Do they vote for people like Nicolle Flint and Katherine Deves discussed herein?

Gender is just some dumb s**t humans made up, huh?

Maybe you could explain why it's important for some people to be defined by their pronouns and have them displayed publicly then?

One of the great stories from the election was seeing the first ever Vietnamese refugee elected to the Federal Parliament.

Dai Le overturned Labor's huge 14% margin to defeat former senator and NSW premier Kristina Keneally who Labor parachuted from the northern suburbs of Sydney to the multicultural outer west metro seat of Fowler.

A kick in the balls to the arrogant catholic right faction of the Labor Party who pre-selected Keneally over another candidate of Vietnamese origins who was the preference of the local ALP branch.

KK might be the most incompetent politician of the last 25 years and was the definition of failing up. The people of Australia (and Fowler in particular) are much better off for not having her on the floor in the House of Representatives.

Gender is just some dumb s**t humans made up, huh?

Maybe you could explain why it's important for some people to be defined by their pronouns and have them displayed publicly then?
I dunno, ask them (or they/them, as it were). The weirder question is why it's apparently so important for some other people to deliberately go against those wishes?

Last edited:
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that gender is a dumb concept when a doctor is "assigning" it to a newborn, but not when someone is putting it on their instagram.
Do you know the difference between sex and gender? If no, look it up. If yes, then you'd agree that assigning a baby a 'gender' at birth is pretty dumb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back