Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine getting annoyed that Hollywood types try to advocate for positive change
Imagine those same types campaigning for better gun laws but still going home to a a place with armed guards on the gate.

Positive change from Hollywood but insincere change... A change that won't come at any loss for their quality of living.

Are they the sorts to rally behind for a better world?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

If you look at the comments on that:

a) unlike George Floyd, they didn't 'murder' him. He's probably pretty ****ing sore but he's not dead.
b) unlike George Floyd who wasn't doing anything threatening, he was attacked because he was chasing a kid while holding a sword.

None of that makes what happened to him okay, but stop spreading misinformation.
What the * are children doing running around in that chaos?!

Yes, where are the tough redneck looking white guys with ar-15s who were bravely defending the morons right to gather during a pandemic? Could it be they're actually gutless cowards who run away when faced with an actual threat?

Must be in their doomsday bunkers?

Or maybe they don't see anything worth protesting over right now?

Imagine those same types campaigning for better gun laws but still going home to a a place with armed guards on the gate.

Positive change from Hollywood but insincere change... A change that won't come at any loss for their quality of living.

Are they the sorts to rally behind for a better world?

They have a platform and a lot of eyes on them. Why shouldn't they use it to promote things they believe in?

For some I'm sure it's self serving and about PR. But it's not hurting anything.

Leo I think is actually pretty passionate and believes what he's saying.

Not everyone can be a martyr.

Lol. It's news but it really isn't world shattering stuff. We really don't need blow by blow updates. I suspect the TV stations are blanket reporting it because they have people on the ground in America and it justifies their costs. If this was happening in any other western country, bar the UK, where incidentally Australian media companies have a presence, it would come 18th news story in the hour long edition.
I don't recall the French riots getting anywhere near this much coverage.

They have a platform and a lot of eyes on them. Why shouldn't they use it to promote things they believe in?

For some I'm sure it's self serving and about PR. But it's not hurting anything.

Leo I think is actually pretty passionate and believes what he's saying.

Not everyone can be a martyr.

Lol Leo takes a private jet everywhere.

The insincerity and continual attempts to put walls between themselves and regular people isn't going to win too many over.

You're right. It's a lot about PR and self serving for many. That we can agree on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not condoning what happened to Floyd in the slightest but I honestly wonder if even half those bozos know why they are protesting.
Clearly some unaffected doofus in Australia knows better than the people actively protesting

Yes, where are the tough redneck looking white guys with ar-15s who were bravely defending the morons right to gather during a pandemic? Could it be they're actually gutless cowards who run away when faced with an actual threat?
Could? They were always going to be gutless pos playing dress ups. Their colours are shown for all now.

The real confederate flag

F3BF751D-E0ED-48F9-ABC0-415C5541EE08.jpeg

The whole shebang is fckd up over there it's a violent culture I don't think racism is the biggest issue it's lax gun laws, huge poor population etc. high crime rate I mean duh = trigger happy cops regardless of whether you are white, black, hispanic blah blah.

Imagine if every arsehole in Elizabeth was packing you reckon our cops wouldn't be a touch more aggressive?
You’re right, racism isn’t a big issue in America.

As long as you ignore History.
It’s not as if there’s been slavery, civil war,
Jim Crow, Civil Rights, Border walls, red lining etc.
All this has come out of nowhere.

There’s a lot of valid protestors, marching for a completely valid reason.

The fact that a lot of criminals, disenfranchised youths and people with nothing to lose are out there causing mayhem doesn’t make the protests wrong, it just points out how badly ****ed up things are. *heads are gonna come out when they can hide in a crowd. That would happen whether it was rioting over another black guy killed needlessly by the police or soccer hooliganism.

as much as everyone hopes things calm down before more people get hurt, there’s a considerable amount of people that are sick of hoping that their son doesn’t get shot at Walmart while looking at water pistols because they’re black.

Whilst all this has been happening, Trump is off visiting Florida watching a space shuttle launch. Would've thought he has far more important issues on hand to deal with.
Couldn't miss the opportunity to spruik the militarisation of space by watching a South African billionaire making America great again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back