Nostradamus Lives Dons Pursuing Stringer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the AFL would push it to happen quicker. AFL would make sure it happens before trade begins

It's not like another ASADA/WADA tribunal

If it goes to court I don't think the AFL will really have the authority to push it along. Not like they would anyway, have a look at their decision on Essendon in March 2015. They just got the decision out before the season started.

Dude they would give Hurley what he wants and sweep it under the carpet.

You honestly think that the AFL would let this go ahead and Hurley be denied?

Good luck
Yeah, why would the AFL be scared of Hurley if we're not even scared of Hurley? What's he going to do? Hate to tell you but the grievance tribunal was set up to solve grievances, not to give players an avenue to get whatever they want from their club or the AFL.

Yeah, why would the AFL be scared of Hurley if we're not even scared of Hurley? What's he going to do? Hate to tell you but the grievance tribunal was set up to solve grievances, not to give players an avenue to get whatever they want from their club or the AFL.
Uh the saga? It's the AFL's worst nightmare.

If it goes to court I don't think the AFL will really have the authority to push it along. Not like they would anyway, have a look at their decision on Essendon in March 2015. They just got the decision out before the season started.
You're aware it's not a real court that it goes to?

Uh the saga? It's the AFL's worst nightmare.
Doesn't really answer the question of why Hurley is so dangerous that the AFL will be prepared to overrule the tribunal and grant him a verdict without granting Essendon the opportunity to present, much less prepare, its case against him.

Sounds more like a hope that you'll land him for nothing, just personally. I've spent years looking at this s**t mainly for arguments on BigFooty and I'd be more than prepared to roll the dice in this situation. Something tells me the club would be too.

Doesn't really answer the question of why Hurley is so dangerous that the AFL will be prepared to overrule the tribunal and grant him a verdict without granting Essendon the opportunity to present, much less prepare, its case against him.

Sounds more like a hope that you'll land him for nothing, just personally. I've spent years looking at this s**t mainly for arguments on BigFooty and I'd be more than prepared to roll the dice in this situation. Something tells me the club would be too.
I don't think we will land him for nothing, and I'm not overly confident any team will get him except the bombers. I would rather a trade get done to stop all the bullshit

The AFL will have some input to make things sail smoothly. So you're saying you can't imagine Gill ringing up before it even happens to set out a peace deal?

I am 100% certian that the afl will have a course of action in place if any of the Essendon 12 want to leave Essendon and I'm sure the club has stated that if any of the player wanted to leave they will not stand in there way. How much more damage would it do to the club if it forced the players to go back to court and made them miss more football. i think the best outcome would be to trade them to there club of choice and accept unders for them. Surly that's the least the club could do after injecting players with a illegal experamental drug program.

I don't think we will land him for nothing, and I'm not overly confident any team will get him except the bombers. I would rather a trade get done to stop all the bullshit

The AFL will have some input to make things sail smoothly. So you're saying you can't imagine Gill ringing up before it even happens to set out a peace deal?
I can imagine the AFL doing all they can to prevent the competition from imploding, yet I can't see them really being too bothered if Hurley has to sit out for another year of football.

It doesn't have to come to that; Essendon will accept a reasonable trade for him (like Carlisle and like Ryder) and the onus is on his club of choice to provide one. We cannot be the only ones held responsible if negotiations break down. The issue will arise when a club is determined to get him for a very low price and not come to the table, but fortunately the standard of intellect is higher in football club staff than it is on bigfooty.

I am 100% certian that the afl will have a course of action in place if any of the Essendon 12 want to leave Essendon and I'm sure the club has stated that if any of the player wanted to leave they will not stand in there way. How much more damage would it do to the club if it forced the players to go back to court and made them miss more football. i think the best outcome would be to trade them to there club of choice and accept unders for them. Surly that's the least the club could do after injecting players with a illegal experamental drug program.
Yeah, nah.

We'll deal with the club he nominates, we'll deal with other clubs if it breaks a stand-off, we'll let him walk under free agency next year. We'll do everything that can be reasonably expected of a club when a player nominates a trade but we aren't letting him walk for nothing. Whether or not he gets a trade is up to the club he chooses to go to.

I bet you would have been one of the ones to say Hurley deserved his drug ban because he knew what he was taking at the start of the year, which makes the last sentence of your post absolutely hilarious. Cognitive dissonance is okay when your footy club benefits!

No he isn't.
No they aren't.

You seem at odds with what the AFLPA are saying. It must be upsetting to have to watch and go through what the EFC have brought upon themselves, but unless you can post a link clarifying the situation (as i have already requested) then im just going to assume you're wrong.

You regret this post now, don't you??

No the point still stands. Players do want to come to Essendon and let's use Leuenberger and Bird as examples.

Leuenberger's hit out stats have him sitting 7th overall in the competition....

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2016&rt=LT&st=HO

Meanwhile Bird is averaging over 20 possessions and 12 tackles a match since making the move from Sydney.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-essendon-bombers--craig-bird

Try again.

You seem at odds with what the AFLPA are saying. It must be upsetting to have to watch and go through what the EFC have brought upon themselves, but unless you can post a link clarifying the situation (as i have already requested) then im just going to assume you're wrong.

You can assume the Earth is flat for all I care, and if no one comes in with a link to refute it, it won't take away from the idiocy of the initial assumption.

He is NOT a DFA, he can NOT simply walk.

Thing is, you could have found this out yourself if you had been bothered to do even the most basic of fact checking before making these lazy statements. The very document that governs the process that you think you know about because of clickbait headlines is publicly available and easily referenced. It alone disproves these dense, ill-informed comments.

Hell, you could have taken an even less involved approach and simply listened to the people that clearly know more than you do, who have tried to explain to you the reasons the mechanism involved has never been used. Not with Ryder, not with Carlisle, not with Melksham and not in the event that Hurley decides he wants to continue his career elsewhere.

But no - 'show me dem links or you wrong!!!'.

Here's an idea, find it yourself - or is that too hard?

Stringer would be committing football suicide by going to Essendon

I don't for a second believe the rumour, clearly just some garbage started on the interwebs - but why?

Essendon has as likely a bunch of talent as the next side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't for a second believe the rumour, clearly just some garbage started on the interwebs - but why?

Essendon has as likely a bunch of talent as the next side.

Would be languishing on the bottom side of the ladder for many years to come (even longer than it's taking Melbourne and Richmond to rise up on the ladder!).
Poor culture and reputation as a club etc etc.

Would be languishing on the bottom side of the ladder for many years to come (even longer than it's taking Melbourne and Richmond to rise up on the ladder!).
Poor culture and reputation as a club etc etc.

Based on what?

Your opinion?

Am always amused at people that try and claim something as fact for many years to come - most of us have a hard enough time picking 9 winners week in week out.

AFL coaches seem to disagree with you. Club sponsors seem to disagree with you.

But don't stress, I'll tell 'em you've got the inside scoop and we'll put an end to this nonsense of recruitment, management and all things football immediately.

Based on what?

Your opinion?

Am always amused at people that try and claim something as fact for many years to come - most of us have a hard enough time picking 9 winners week in week out.

AFL coaches seem to disagree with you. Club sponsors seem to disagree with you.

But don't stress, I'll tell 'em you've got the inside scoop and we'll put an end to this nonsense of recruitment, management and all things football immediately.

Bring in the Hobart Hurricanes with Essendon's removal from the AFL :D :p

So the club needs to accept unders because of how the club treated him? Lol

If Hurley goes Essendon will get a good deal just like any other club who loses a gun player.

No the point still stands. Players do want to come to Essendon and let's use Leuenberger and Bird as examples.

Meanwhile Bird is averaging over 20 possessions and 12 tackles a match since making the move from Sydney.

Try again.
Leuey was a failed Brisbane player. That's your benchmark? A failed Lions player?

Irrelevant to the discussion
A destination club is hardly one that attracts players like Cooney and Luey and players either not up to standard or past their prime. The last big name you got to the club was Goddard who has been reasonable but not to the same as his St Kilda best.

When was the last big big name Essendon attracted so you could at least have some chance of justifying this? Similar to Sydney's recruiting of Buddy or Tippet or Hawthorn getting Lake, Gibson, Burgoyne, Frawley...... that is the benchmark of a destination club.

Try again.

Bird is averaging 6.5 tackles not 12, he is 12th in the league for tackles per game.

You can assume the Earth is flat for all I care, and if no one comes in with a link to refute it, it won't take away from the idiocy of the initial assumption.

He is NOT a DFA, he can NOT simply walk.

Thing is, you could have found this out yourself if you had been bothered to do even the most basic of fact checking before making these lazy statements. The very document that governs the process that you think you know about because of clickbait headlines is publicly available and easily referenced. It alone disproves these dense, ill-informed comments.

Hell, you could have taken an even less involved approach and simply listened to the people that clearly know more than you do, who have tried to explain to you the reasons the mechanism involved has never been used. Not with Ryder, not with Carlisle, not with Melksham and not in the event that Hurley decides he wants to continue his career elsewhere.

But no - 'show me dem links or you wrong!!!'.

Here's an idea, find it yourself - or is that too hard?

So much vitriol. So little substance. Sad really.

For what its worth though, i did do some research and the most recent article i could find on the matter - which i mentioned prior to your little melt - was that if Hurley walked, then the EFC could receive no compo for him.

So as far as I'm concerned, you're just talking out your arse mate. Put up or shut up :)

So much vitriol. So little substance. Sad really.

For what its worth though, i did do some research and the most recent article i could find on the matter - which i mentioned prior to your little melt - was that if Hurley walked, then the EFC could receive no compo for him.

So as far as I'm concerned, you're just talking out your arse mate. Put up or shut up :)
That would be interesting. They have definitely breached their contract with him. So EFC shouldn't be rewarded for losing a player who was aggrieved because of a breach of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back