Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Poll Figures from US election (this morning)

Electoral votes

Hillary Clinton 290.5
Donald Trump 246.7
Evan McMullin 0.8
Gary Johnson 0.0

Polls moving back to Clinton even Florida which looked gone earlier in the week

Friend of a friend said they met Jamie Elliot. On a dance floor in Ibiza, soon after the end of the season. Exercise to help his back no doubt :)
Take it or leave it.

Does anyone else get heartburn with that photo of the clown at the top of our page? Can anyone imagine that clown being President?
the problem is you can swap it with hillary at the moment and for me l would get the same feeling. both are so
terrible and it was not long ago a thought she would make a good president. but has passed

Last edited:
Does anyone else get heartburn with that photo of the clown at the top of our page? Can anyone imagine that clown being President?
To be fair though it works really well as my new dartboard.

Two weeks ago, on holiday in New York, my sister and I stumbled (not literally) into a hotel where Trump and Clinton were attending a fund raising dinner, hosted by the Catholic Cardinal of NYC. It was the Waldorf Astoria. We had no idea, just wanted a drink in the bar. Didn't see either of them, but what seemed like hundreds of police and security people, including secret service men and women in formal evening wear, but armed!

I looked out for Donald's orange glow...the hotel and bar staff were very excited about it, and also very pleasant to us. No one searched us, or prevented our entry. Lots of trucks parked wall to wall out the front, on Park Avenue, to form a barrier, apparently to prevent a truck or vehicle, with explosives, from driving into the hotel foyer.

Was a strange experience.

The Age editorial today pretty much sums this up perfectly. Trump is not fit for office.

Two weeks ago, on holiday in New York, my sister and I stumbled (not literally) into a hotel where Trump and Clinton were attending a fund raising dinner, hosted by the Catholic Cardinal of NYC. It was the Waldorf Astoria. We had no idea, just wanted a drink in the bar. Didn't see either of them, but what seemed like hundreds of police and security people, including secret service men and women in formal evening wear, but armed!

I looked out for Donald's orange glow...the hotel and bar staff were very excited about it, and also very pleasant to us. No one searched us, or prevented our entry. Lots of trucks parked wall to wall out the front, on Park Avenue, to form a barrier, apparently to prevent a truck or vehicle, with explosives, from driving into the hotel foyer.

Damn! So you didn't have a clear shot at Trump!

Next time.

The Age editorial today pretty much sums this up perfectly. Trump is not fit for office.
what l see and read, both are not fit for the oval office.

the problem is you can swap it with hillary at the moment and for me l would get the same feeling. both are so
terrible and it was not long ago a thought she would make a good president. but has passed
Agree both are not likeable but Trump for me is oh so much worse and least experienced.
I believe that with the right people around her, she at least can almost be referred to as a career politician, he on the other hand is a failed businessman if it weren't for the fact that he had inherited money. Don't start me on building walls though.

Just finished reading a book (fiction) by Robert K Tanenbaum - title Infamy.
Not so unbelievable what countries would do to control the flow of oil and pretty scary. Not only that can put both candidates in the roles as depicted by the author.
Fiction more believable than truth. Highly recommend a read.

Agree both are not likeable but Trump for me is oh so much worse and least experienced.
I believe that with the right people around her, she at least can almost be referred to as a career politician, he on the other hand is a failed businessman if it weren't for the fact that he had inherited money. Don't start me on building walls though.
for me l can agree out of the two she is my pick, but the Clinton's are corrupted and are all about power, than helping any one.
any one else would be facing goal not winning the presidency though there foundation, thats without the e mail server problem.
as my daughters future says the lady is the best of the two, but it is so close between them.
he is born and bred new yorker, and opened my eyes to what is really happening there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for me l can agree out of the two she is my pick, but the Clinton's are corrupted and are all about power, than helping any one.
any one else would be facing goal not winning the presidency though there foundation, thats without the e mail server problem.
as my daughters future says the lady is the best of the two, but it is so close between them.
he is born and bred new yorker, and opened my eyes to what is really happening there.
Sadly politics here and there are corrupt nowadays.

USA...Europe
USA...Europe
USA...Europe

Why would you even think of going to the USA?

Anyone just watch Australian Story tonight?
What a beautiful inspiring story - a small rural town welcoming refugees into their community.
It was the saving of both parties

It's a freaking indictment on the US that Donald Trump is in this position. He appeals to the worst in people. Good people too, not just the loony fringe.

It's also ridiculous that Hillary Clinton is the best candidate the Dems could produce. She's despised by so much of conservative America. The GOP are an absurd, in-fighting rabble of a party and their candidate is openly hostile towards his own party (a big part of his appeal). Problem is that Hillary just doesn't have the political capital to make the most of it. Even Mr Cuddles Joe Biden would have won this if he had been a little younger and had put his hat in the ring.

And yet here we are.

I have quite a lot of American friends and I've never seen anything like this... Family members not talking to each other because of who they are voting for. People talking about taking up arms if they don't get the result they want (unlikely, but WTF). A candidate who hints at his opponent being killed. Who repeatedly says he will put her in jail. People calling each other Nazis for their choices.

This election has lifted up a few rocks and there are some nasty little creatures living underneath.

Sorry for the double post.

Have a listen to the latest episode of the podcast The Little Dum Dum Club.

Fiona O'Loughlin is on and HOLY s**t. She's been to hell and back in the last year. Some of the most compelling listening I've ever experienced. Not for the faint of heart.

I really, really hope she stays sober this time. She's a treasure.

Great article on the future of the Republican Party.
No matter the result of this election.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-elec...onald-trump-is-a-prophet-20161106-gsj2n9.html
http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...t/news-story/cb13232b8c6ef45e1cdc4a270e3c0acb

Similar story. Bunch of insecure men with an inferiority complex that think being narrow minded makes them great.
In a way can't wait for Trump to get in and in 2 yrs time rub their faces that there is still 2 yrs to go. Sort of like Damian Hardwick but then worse.

Anyone just watch Australian Story tonight?
What a beautiful inspiring story - a small rural town welcoming refugees into their community.
It was the saving of both parties

I just finished watching it. Thanks for the heads up. What a beautiful story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back