Help Double posts/slow post updating.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been seeing something odd the last couple of days intermittently where I'll post and when the screen refreshes there is a double post. The first time it happened I deleted the second post and when the screen refreshed the second post had disappeared and the first post was showing deleted. The following times it has happened I'll refresh after the double post and the second post disappears but shows as a draft in the reply box.

We have traced multi-posting back to the search indexing that happens at the time of posting.

Search is now being rebuilt and would normally be finished in 4 days or so. So, about Friday all should be back to normal.

- Chief

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been seeing something odd the last couple of days intermittently where I'll post and when the screen refreshes there is a double post. The first time it happened I deleted the second post and when the screen refreshed the second post had disappeared and the first post was showing deleted. The following times it has happened I'll refresh after the double post and the second post disappears but shows as a draft in the reply box.

Ive seen it a few times but it never actually throws up both posts for me. Just a glitch in the matrix.

There are currently massive issues with double/triple/quadruple posting site-wide.

Not sure if you guys are working on it but every time I hit 'Post Reply' sometimes it goes through, sometimes it saves a draft, and sometimes it posts the draft. And sometimes nothing appears, only for two posts to pop up a few seconds later upon a refresh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn it off and on again.

Just had a look at a post I put up and the draft post with the Post Reply button is still up with no background traffic to/from the website but when I go to a new tab it shows the post already there. This is 5 minutes after posting, so something is wrong with signal to web site saying 'post article and clear draft text box'

Edit. Same thing happening with this post. Have noticed that some actions like Reply and Edit require 2 button pushes before activation. Will now see if Edit works.

Edit2. Same thing happening with Edit and Save Changes

Last edited:
Just had a look at a post I put up and the draft post with the Post Reply button is still up with no background traffic to/from the website but when I go to a new tab it shows the post already there. This is 5 minutes after posting, so something is wrong with signal to web site saying 'post article and clear draft text box'

Edit. Same thing happening with this post. Have noticed that some actions like Reply and Edit require 2 button pushes before activation. Will now see if Edit works.

Edit2. Same thing happening with Edit and Save Changes
Yes that is definitely it. We put in a fix yesterday but no go.

Trying again today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back