List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we use 5 picks who gets the chop or traded of our main list? 1 Toumpas 2 McKenzie maybe re rookie him who else Neade Trengove Drew all out of contract
Plenty of guys under fire IMO.
Toumpas - Not good enough.
Hewett - Not good enough.
Broadbent - Injuries have him on a fast decline.
McKenzie - Not a KPD so we are wasting our time with him.
Lienert - Same as McKenzie, Need to draft tall defenders.
Thomas - Probably finished at AFL level.
Snelling - Too small.
Neade - Has been on the list a while and last week may have been overtaken by Johnson.
Ladhams - May be around next year but is playing once every 2 weeks and when he does play he rarely plays well.
Trengove - I reckon he's decent depth.
Drew - Played alright last week, Would like to see how he does for the rest of the year.
Amon - Does St Kilda still want him?

If we use 5 picks who gets the chop or traded of our main list? 1 Toumpas 2 McKenzie maybe re rookie him who else Neade Trengove Drew all out of contract
Another debate is that not with standing there should be a real shake up within the coaching ranks if 1) we getting beaten by crows by 8+ goals 2) if we finish 7 - 12.
Possible trade for various reasons;
- Wines as he may see greener pastures else where...would be well compensated
- Wingard as he and Port may agree a parting is best for both...would be well compensated
- Pittard may still have some value
- Amon, Neade, Toumpas and others
If we continue down the same path as the first 7 games VERY real and hard decisions MUST be made.

Saints 2nd round pick is starting to look very tasty
Haha I was thinking that when I heard one of last night's footy show were going on about how bad they are. Pick 21 or better (before compo picks etc) is starting to look real.

http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/05/15/2018-mcdonalds-sa-u18-squad/

Trent Burgoyne drops out but Pudney, Frederick, Irra, Pickett and Jackson Mead will make it an interesting Champs to watch as a Port Supporter.

Great to see. That looks like a very strong line up to me. Lots of size we can put in the midfield which we don’t always have. Lots of really damaging players especially forward of centre.

So many kids who kick plenty of goals. Lukosius , Rozee hately Pickett , Rankine taheny are all prolific goal kickers from what I’ve seen following their stats. With max king out I would put money on the leading goal kicker to come from sa (although they might all spread too much?)

My question mark is the quality of rebounding and ball use from back lines. Only because i haven’t heard much about those kids.

I reckon I’ll head to the Alberton game.

Snelling - Too small.
Neade - Has been on the list a while and last week may have been overtaken by Johnson.
Ladhams - May be around next year but is playing once every 2 weeks and when he does play he rarely plays well.
Drew - Played alright last week, Would like to see how he does for the rest of the year.
Thats harsh

Snelling - Too small.

It's not like Snelling has shrunk. Makes you wonder why we drafted him.

Standing at 9, 19, 27, 43, 45 at the moment. The last draft we had a first-round pick in was 2016, having traded our 2017 first-round pick that year. After trades, compo picks, father-son and academy we had picks 16, 18, 32 and 33. The way St Kilda are going at the moment I can't see pick 19 changing much at all. North Melbourne can surprise but I haven't seen much proof that they can be consistent enough to move up the ladder much. If we get through the month after Gold Coast with 3-1 or 2-2 then things get a bit easier and our picks 9, 27 and 45 could end up later in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we category B list Robert Irra like we did his brother? Promising player and don't have to use a full list spot for him.
Not sure as the multicultural rules we took Emmanuel have changed a bit I think. In early 2016 the Next Generation Academies kicked in. I think we just invited Irra to preseason training in November and had to get the AFL's permission 6 months later after the NGA's kicked in. So the NGA's around Oz were all new.

South is part of our zone, but I think we have to list him as a member of our NGA and he has to do stuff with us to get access to him to justify these days he is a true participant of our NGA.

Not sure as the multicultural rules we took Emmanuel have changed a bit I think. In early 2016 the Next Generation Academies kicked in. I think we just invited Irra to preseason training in November and had to get the AFL's permission 6 months later after the NGA's kicked in. So the NGA's around Oz were all new.

South is part of our zone, but I think we have to list him as a member of our NGA and he has to do stuff with us to get access to him to justify these days he is a true participant of our NGA.

Thanks REH, I thought it would be a bit ambiguous. There are going to be speculative players who we would like to develop but may not rate enough for a draft spot - it would be good if we can still get NGA guys outside the draft onto Category B. Also would help the Magpies.

Standing at 9, 19, 27, 43, 45 at the moment. The last draft we had a first-round pick in was 2016, having traded our 2017 first-round pick that year. After trades, compo picks, father-son and academy we had picks 16, 18, 32 and 33. The way St Kilda are going at the moment I can't see pick 19 changing much at all. North Melbourne can surprise but I haven't seen much proof that they can be consistent enough to move up the ladder much. If we get through the month after Gold Coast with 3-1 or 2-2 then things get a bit easier and our picks 9, 27 and 45 could end up later in the draft.
The irony of the Saints first round pick being worth as close to our first + their second as you could get. Since their next pick is currently 57, we should be offering them for pick 3 for the LOL’s. Their list is so s**t, they need to turn over a heap to get anywhere and they’ve traded out from this year, falsely thinking they had the cattle to improve.

St Kilda are 16th not 18th, so their pick is worth pick 21 at the moment

Particularly given our next pick could be around pick 21 (St Kilda's 2nd rounder) ;)
The advantages about two close picks are that :
1. You can make your first pick for needs, even if a better player is still available, as that player will still be available
2. Two picks well apart can mean first choice followed by a player who is nowhere near your second choice

The 2016 draft with Marshall and Powell-pepper demonstrated both of these cases. he fact that both will be guns was extra icing on top of the good drafting. Collingwood had 3 consecutive picks in 2012 and hit paydirt with Grundy but Kennedy and Broomhead didn't come on as expected for differing reasons, Broomhead suffering from injuries and the sub rule.

I see you spotted my deliberate mistake.
I guess they could finish last. Brisbane probably should have had 2 or 3 wins by now and Carlton might scrap together 5 or 6 wins.

Viva la death riding St Kilda!!! and north.

With North doing well and Tarryn Thomas looking like a top 10 bid our two second rd picks could see us try do a deal for Norths rd1 pick

With North doing well and Tarryn Thomas looking like a top 10 bid our two second rd picks could see us try do a deal for Norths rd1 pick
I’d bet this was part of the thought process when we did the pick swaps last year and it would make sense as I doubt we’ll have as much of a list turn over this year.

It’s the same with Nick Blakey and Sydney’s first round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back