Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's unprecedented we should be offering to take him as a bid. We don't deserve Riley Sanders for free, he's a loophole for us. His name only came up once people realised we saw a way we might be able to sneak him onto our NGA list. Why should he get robbed because we suck?

I'm pleased for him to get drafted, I hope his name gets called out and he gets the same excitement as every other kid in the first round going up to get their jumper and I hope it's ours because we were afforded the chance to match a bid. To slam the kid is just weird.

Luv ya mate. And you know there's a strong physical component to it.

Will agree to disagree on this one.

The AFL have supposedly told us to be creative in our request for draft assistance. If we are unable to prelist Ryley Sanders then perhaps we could ask for a 50% discount in points rather than the standard 20%.
Be creative? How bout a haiku?

Please give us some help
Sanders for nothing? Something?
Do your f*cking job

The AFL have supposedly told us to be creative in our request for draft assistance. If we are unable to prelist Ryley Sanders then perhaps we could ask for a 50% discount in points rather than the standard 20%.
I said this a few weeks back that I heard they were going for 50% discount

I said this a few weeks back that I heard they were going for 50% discount
You can't get a discount if don't have the ability to match a bid in the first 40. The first step would be to get him into our NGA, then the ability to match a bid 'anywhere'. Then the additional discount can come into play.

Here's some creative ideas.

Ask for the immediate granting of 3 wishes, and make the 3rd wish "infinity wishes".

Priority access to prelist, for ever and ever, anyone with the surname of Daicos.

We're allowed to call "Pause" twice every game. When we call Pause the opposition have stay dead still for 1 min. If anyone moves the clock resets

Replay the second half of the 98 GF.

I'll come up with some more after 4.20 this avo.

If it's unprecedented we should be offering to take him as a bid. We don't deserve Riley Sanders for free, he's a loophole for us. His name only came up once people realised we saw a way we might be able to sneak him onto our NGA list. Why should he get robbed because we suck?

I'm pleased for him to get drafted, I hope his name gets called out and he gets the same excitement as every other kid in the first round going up to get their jumper and I hope it's ours because we were afforded the chance to match a bid. To slam the kid is just weird.
Wasn’t there talk about the AFL sitting on our NGA application we made for Sanders for 2 years?

Ask for the immediate granting of 3 wishes, and make the 3rd wish "infinity wishes".

Priority access to prelist, for ever and ever, anyone with the surname of Daicos.

We're allowed to call "Pause" twice every game. When we call Pause the opposition have stay dead still for 1 min. If anyone moves the clock resets

Retro actively change the Father Son qualification back to 50 games any North sons playing other clubs automatically are included on our extended list.

Carpet bomb the Sydney Academy (no injuries or deaths occur from this).

Give bionic ankle to Jesse Smith.

Leigh Tudor's kick to Gary Ablett Senior, in the 94 Prelim, falls into the arms of Mick Martyn

Wasn’t there talk about the AFL sitting on our NGA application we made for Sanders for 2 years?

There's been a million contradictory pieces of information flying around about this one. I would doubt the AFL was sitting on an application when all the official approval of Riley's indigenous status was only signed off on over the last month or so.

Well Done Thumbs Up GIF

Retro actively change the Father Son qualification back to 50 games any North sons playing other clubs automatically are included on our extended list.

Leigh Tudor's kick to Gary Ablett Senior, in the 94 Prelim, falls into the arms of Mick Martyn
I’ve no doubt in my mind if Martin marked that ball, those maggots would’ve found a free against.

That game was ****ed

Carey is gay and rejects Kelly's offer.

Ross Glendenning does not start the '78 G.F. on Moncreiff.

Kingy kicks that goal at the end of the 1st q.v * in 2001. We win by 5 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have another one. Before the bounce of each game, North Melbourne are allowed to nominate an opposition player to play for us and we nominate a player from our own list to play for them!

Carey is gay and rejects Kelly's offer.

Ross Glendenning does not start the '78 G.F. on Moncreiff.

Kingy kicks that goal at the end of the 1st q.v * in 2001. We win by 5 points.
Wider goal posts for the 98 Grand Final.

We don't deserve Riley Sanders for free, he's a loophole for us.
Here's the thing - Ryley Sanders is the compromise draft assistance.

I think what most NMFC supporters would prefer/believe we should get is a 1st round priority pick without strings attached to it. (We can debate whether it should be top of 1st round/mid 1st/end of 1st, but that's largely irrelevant for the current context).

The whole 'Ryley Sanders to North' thing came about as a way of mitigating the sooking of other clubs about priority picks.

Now they're sooking about this.

The fact is that a bunch of other clubs don't want us to get any draft assistance, and what's worse is they think us likely getting pick 3 for Ben McKay's free agency compensation is a form of charity, which it simply isn't. It's something we are entitled to, and arguments against it can GTFO.

Stuff em.

We have pick 2.
We're (likely going to be) entitled to pick 3.
We've won 12 games in 4 years and should absolutely be given premium draft assistance. Either give us a good 1st round pick, or give us Ryley Sanders. Whatever it ends up being, tell anyone who complains to take a hike.

I've told you all for years that all our woes go back to the Colbert Curse.

After that you had Stevens and the falling glass, the affair, McCartney in Bali, Gold Coast near death experience and many, many years of footballing mediocrity and random mishaps.

Maybe Ben McKay leaving can somehow un**** us from the time we took on the bad juju of a club captain walking out on the club he was supposed to lead. And we torched our list to let him do it.

Here's the thing - Ryley Sanders is the compromise draft assistance.

I think what most NMFC supporters would prefer/believe we should get is a 1st round priority pick without strings attached to it. (We can debate whether it should be top of 1st round/mid 1st/end of 1st, but that's largely irrelevant for the current context).

The whole 'Ryley Sanders to North' thing came about as a way of mitigating the sooking of other clubs about priority picks.

Now they're sooking about this.

The fact is that a bunch of other clubs don't want us to get any draft assistance, and what's worse is they think us likely getting pick 3 for Ben McKay's free agency compensation is a form of charity, which it simply isn't. It's something we are entitled to, and arguments against it can GTFO.

Stuff em.

We have pick 2.
We're (likely going to be) entitled to pick 3.
We've won 12 games in 4 years and should absolutely be given premium draft assistance. Either give us a good 1st round pick, or give us Ryley Sanders. Whatever it ends up being, tell anyone who complains to take a hike.

Riley Sanders isn't anything to us until 1) the AFL says he is and B) Riley Sanders says he is.

I've told you all for years that all our woes go back to the Colbert Curse.

After that you had Stevens and the falling glass, the affair, McCartney in Bali, Gold Coast near death experience and many, many years of footballing mediocrity and random mishaps.

Maybe Ben McKay leaving can somehow un**** us from the time we took on the bad juju of a club captain walking out on the club he was supposed to lead. And we torched our list to let him do it.

Yep getting Colb’s sure did put a dent on our club, not from Colb’s point of view but via the curse that Geeeeeelong placed upon our hallowed club.

I do believe that there is a set of bones buried somewhere in our clubs grounds that are still hexing us to this day, sacrificing MaGoo to the gods only appeases them for a few months.

So take it while you can, it might be enough to simply allow us to get The Colonel in the door, but after that all bets are off again.

I also heard that Fabian popped over and dug up the bones the day before we called out Judarses name, just a rumour though 🤪

Never under estimate how far out of the loop Tom Morris is though. He might have a media gig because Craig Hutchison has no moral code but he's getting absolutely diddly squat from the AFL to help rehabilitate his status.
You can smell his desperation to be relevant from a mile away.

So am I getting this right? The AFL won't let us pre-list Sanders but we'll have the ability to match a bid on him and the AFL will give us picks that will magically be enough to get him while keeping pick 2 and 3?

My take from Sanders' Dad's interview:
  • Sanders is keen to join North and was working towards it via NGA pre-listing.
  • They/we have now recieved word from the AFL that pre-listing may be off the table and Sanders may well go to the draft.
  • His Dad therefore now says he would like to hear his name in the draft.

- My guess as to the outcome is, we get pick 10 and an ability to match a bid. It is unlikely that he gets called before pick 5 and so we'd only need a third round pick to match. Eg Pick 5 = 1878, pick 10 + 37 = 1878.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back