Draft Pick 16: Thomas Sheridan

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: FFC Welcomes Pick 16 -

Morabito was taken Top 5 in a far stronger draft than Pitt's and had a far better debut season than Pitt, has far more weapons and the only area Pitt has over him is disposal, which he didn't really impress me with anyway to be brutally honest. Think it's a ridiculous call but I know KPR has some sort of agenda when it comes to Mora so I'll leave it be.

On topic, Sheridan has a rude haircut.

save your patronizing crap for others. Why is it that i have to have an agenda? what because i dont agree with you? Morabito was quick, strong and agile, but i dont think he had much of a footy brain either and his kicking was mainly just bombs forward... thats my opinion. i see pitt as a mundy clone a cool calm player with unbelievable skills on both sides of his body.

Morabito was fairly inconsistent in his first year but really started imposing himself on contests later in the year when he started gaining his confidence at the top level.

Two moments that stick in my memory that Pitt has not come close to are:
- the goal at Subi (3 tier stand end) against Geelong I think was very Judd like. Roved the ball in the pocket, straightened on to the right and threaded it from a tight angle.
- the magical goal against hawthorn in the final.

I expect and hope that Pitt will become a good player but Mora had some awesome size and mobility tools and hopefully he still has them after the reco.

Pitts goal against brissy was pretty bloody good

Anyone who thinks Pitt will end up being better than Mora, ask yourself, if Mora didnt do his knee who would end up the better player?

Mora will still be a better player with half a knee, Its like comparing Adam Goodes with Daniel cross.

All I hope is that both of em end up something close to the two above, in the end, who cares who's better, if they are playing for freo I couldnt give a shite.

Impossible to tell given that mora is physically more mature... adam goodes to daniel cross? well i dont think mora will be nearly as good as goodes and i reckon pitt will be better than cross

Watching those videos, Morabito will denifitely be a A- to A++ player. I think Pitt at best will be a B+ player.

I don't think Pitt will every be a game changer. However I do think he will develop into a very consistent performer.

Morabito will be able to change a game with a couple a contests. Hopefully he will be able to become consistent and dominate games

What are you basing that on that he will be a game changer? physical attributes? trent croad was an athlete and a very good solid player but never a game changer... just being built well doesnt mean your going to be a star any more than being built like a twig means you will never make it. I havent seen morabito change any games yet, you may be right, but i think the expectations of him are getting stupid. especially after his knee. he may never come back from it at all! I really believe people who wanted darling (not saying you are one of these) are letting their disappointment reflect in their opinions of pitt.

reveal-kinckers-article.jpg

oooh...A diet that fights cancer! :D

In my defence, he called me a twat first. I invoke the age-old playground adage, "but he started it first!"

I do agree though Lach :thumbsu:

Actually if you look back you suggested that I may be a fool so I responded in kind. Any way lets build a bridge, hopefully all our young recruits have awesome careers for Freo.

Hi guys, I am from the same small Victorian town that Tom is from and havent heard his name for a while? Any news

Hi guys, I am from the same small Victorian town that Tom is from and havent heard his name for a while? Any news

Actually from all reports he's doing quite well. It's unfortunate he's picked up an injury because I reckon he would have been a smoky for a run this week, at least the 'encouragement award' of being named in the extended squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Sheridan
5 possies v Melb. came on as the sub in the 3rd quarter.
3 Kicks
2 Handballs
1 Mark
1 Tackle

Didn't have much of an influence on the game but will be better off for the experience.

Hard to impact as the sub but thought he showed promise. Seemed to keep getting to the right positions and was much quicker than I'd expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back