Draft to be held over two days with live pick trading

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it, something different and should make it interesting. I think I’ll come down with the flu on the Friday unfortunately and won’t make it into work.

Can't wait for every draftee to be asked who their favourite ******* Avenger is.

I'll allow them a few inevitable cheap plugs, but when Chris Hemsworth accompanies Jack Lukosius on stage and Sam Walsh comes dressed as Spiderman i may just say that's a touch too much..........and very very Gil like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the two day draft idea. What a waste of time, it's not like the NFL where there's 32 teams drafting in 7 rounds giving 250+ picks. There's what, 70 picks or thereabouts in an AFL draft? Just get it done in a couple of hours.

Do like the draft day trading, however. Makes it interesting when players start to slide.

Cant see how any trades of significance will be done, clubs struggle to get trades done in 2 weeks, let alone an hour or so. And no player trades will be involved as it gives players no time to think about what they're doing.

Much better off going to a completely points based Trade/ Draft period with full auction.

The AFL can say it will go over 2 days, but once the first 20 or so picks are done clubs tend to fly through their picks.

I suspect it will be over within 6 hours unless the AFL forcibly calls halftime.
Half time is straight after the top 10 selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back