Here he is... Heeney is ready to take over

Remove this Banner Ad

ewww.

Been a player that shows glimpses but 2 good games doesn't mean a lot.

Let's see if he's still flying by round 10.
He has a history to being too inconsistent to get excited.

I love the passion thoigh

The last two games have just made me think "why the hell didn't Longmire put Heeney in the midfield 5 years ago"

Would be like playing Buddy as a key defender for 8 years even though everyone knows he has the attributes to be a key forward, finally sticking him forward and watching him being amazing at it and asking "why wasn't he played forward years ago".

Sometimes I think Longmire likes to make things more complicated than they actually are. Heeney is a midfielder, he should be played in the midfield.

Yes, sigh Swans supporters, this thread was created by your own... but, boy, it's so exciting for our boy to show what he's capable of: being a top 5 player in the competition.

2024 - the year of the golden boy
I think it’s a suitable main board thread OP. I don’t know if it will last, but Heeney has started the year well. He was awesome yesterday!

I think many of us have kinda waited for him to emerge as a top player, but maybe this is the year he does

Looked really good so far this season and I'll admit at some points during last night's game I thought could he become the best player in the game.

The thing with Heeney is he has always put together great games and moments but we need to see him put it towards a great season as well, so until he has done it I think he is a watch but with bated breath.

Looked really good so far this season and I'll admit at some points during last night's game I thought could he become the best player in the game.

The thing with Heeney is he has always put together great games and moments but we need to see him put it towards a great season as well, so until he has done it I think he is a watch but with bated breath.
Also has a history of starting very well only for his body to wear down over the season.

I'm excited but tempering my expectations.

I've said openly and repeatedly he's the most overrated player in the league. The last two weeks have been excellent though, no doubt.

Be curious to see who gets votes out of Heeney (who starred and actually influenced the game) and Daicos (who got touches).

I've said openly and repeatedly he's the most overrated player in the league. The last two weeks have been excellent though, no doubt.

Be curious to see who gets votes out of Heeney (who starred and actually influenced the game) and Daicos (who got touches).

Heeney was much better than Daicos last night. So was Warner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Warner and Heeney don't get the 3 and 2 from the umpires last night, they should be stripped of their voting rights.

But would anyone fall off their chair if on Brownlow night Gulden gets the 3 courtesy of his big last quarter when the game was over, and Daicos 2 because of his 37 possession?

Probably not suitable for main board but then again we have a thread devoted to Collingwood fans fawning over Nick Daicos so why not.

Daicos still young but right here right now Heeney is a fair way better than Daicos. Way more damaging and can take a contested mark inside 50.
Let's see if Heeney can put a full season together in what, his 8th year in the system?

Daicos just runs in circles getting hand balls and one twos

Next you will tell me Adam Treloar is better than Heeney because he's gets more fantasy points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back