Dylan grimes -

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Yesterday i was driving past punt road oval about 11am & noticed some boys training , Decided to drive in to have a look and after spinning some porky pies to the security guard managed to convince him to let me drive into the car park.

ME Building looks fantastic .................. Really stands out and the colours are Sensational :D

The players i seen training when i was there were Mainly The Big Boys
Riewoldt,Vickery,Post,Graham, .............. And Dea
They were all practicing their Kicking & Marking ''specky's'' over the poor dude with the padding.

They were all pretty good but Gee can vickery get up !! just about stood on the poor blokes head fantastic leap as all the boys were.

Enough of the teasing ............. Lets get down to GRIMES

I was there for 1 hour & Grimes and 2 trainers were already training seperate to the rest of the boys and boy were they pushing him HARD
constantly body contact banging shoulders,chasing,tackling wrestling ,pushups,sprints,simulated kicking drills,running to position and kicking under pressure etc etc.
They did not stop constantly harrasing him whilst he was made to gather the ball & try spoiling it was a full on work out and there was no signs of hamstring problems at all even when he was sprinting to get to a ball that was delivered very wide and he had to really extend himself to mark at full speed.

The thing that really took my notice 1st up was that Grimesy has actually put on some muscle & even though they were 50-70 metres apart i had a really good look at him and doesnt look much if any smaller than Jack or post.

All of his kicking , marking & spoiling were A1 everything he did was perfect.

I was actually very very impressed & excited by what i seen of grimes yesterday & Look out for next year, we haveanother 7 months before the 2012 season starts & if yesterday is anything to go by expect him to add more baulk to the frame.

There will be a lot of Tiger supporters very suprised with the dylan grimes that steps out next season.

I won't be surprised.

He is a key for me. Rate him really highly and think if we are going to be successful we need him. His ability to read the game and help out makes him along with Rance our most important defender.

Our best form this year, where we looked like a finals side had Grimes in our best players.

We took an age to recover from his loss to our side. It coincided with our worst form.

If we can add some more depth this off season to our runners, a pure aggressive ruckman and add Grimes back to our defence then things will look okay.

Oh, thanks for the report!

Good update, thanks.

The guys got heart and endeavour. Heres hoping to a good preseason, and that he can carry some form and development into 2012. Hope expectations from a not too high tho.

I-jizz-in-my-pants-by-HOLIMOUNT.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Iron fist will return :thumbsu:

FB: Dea, Rance, Grimes
CHB: Batchelor, Post, Houli

Our future is bright :thumbsu:

Having Dea in defence gives us a full time midfielder in Deledio. Our 22 next year looks full of awesome young talent. Can't wait. I'd have Newman in defence though and use Houli up forward on a flank.

fb dea rance newman
hb grimes post batchelor
c edwards cotchin conca
hf houli griffiths morton
ff nahas reiwoldt vickery
foll hampson martin deledio
int foley helbig jackson sub:astbury

Should try and have 1 of king/nahas and 1 of jackson/grigg in the 22. We'll probably get pick 18 with our first pick now. Hope we get a talented midfielder

I honestly would have Chris Newman further up the ground. I think people forget how good a kick he is into our 50. Either a wing just above closer to the forward line.

Will be an interesting battle for the 2nd and 3rd tall spots in our backline in the next couple of years. On current form Rance has the FB position for the next ten years but the other two positions will be between Grimes (front runner), Post, Astbury, Thursfield with McGuane & Moore taking up the rear.

Astbury was touted as our next CHB but it appears that Grimes may have worked past him. Post will be the one to watch for mine. His mistakes are very similar to what Rance used to do, frequently due to inexperience and nerves. If he can received the same sort of education as Rance recieved then perhaps he could be just as good.

I do love to hear about how Grimes flying along though!:thumbsu: Thankjs for the report! :D

Grimes was always going to get bigger, he was stick thin yet he played like a mad-man as a 3rd man up. Can't wait til round 1 next year where he possibly would've added 4-5kgs in muscle and body strength

Remove this Banner Ad

Back