Recommitted Dylan Stephens [re-signed for two years]

Remove this Banner Ad

You see this is the difference between a Port supporter and an Essendon supporter. We can see our team humbled but at least we can be assmusing when throwing out a taunt at another club, rather than just throwing an inane sledge out there and even worse throwing the "champ". No sense of humour, I blame it on having to listen to Sheedy ramble on for so many years.

You think your comment is 'assmusing'? What is that, exactly?

Collingwood and Sydney usually get a deal done when they've had players moving back and forth in the past and it seems to be a little bit of swings and roundabouts when it comes to equity sometimes it favours Pies a little, sometimes it favours the Swans a little but I think if you aggregated the trades we've had it would net off about equal more or less. I would imagine if Stephens nominates Pies a deal gets done. I'd also imagine given the salary cap which seems to have prompted mini exodus of a few players including Stephens that draft picks would be sought rather than players unless there is a specific position the Swans are looking to fix so you would imagine the crux would be something like future 2nd rounder for Collingwood to Swans for Dylan Stephens though deals are never that simple these days so expect later picks to be thrown around both ways.

Collingwood and Sydney usually get a deal done when they've had players moving back and forth in the past and it seems to be a little bit of swings and roundabouts when it comes to equity sometimes it favours Pies a little, sometimes it favours the Swans a little but I think if you aggregated the trades we've had it would net off about equal more or less. I would imagine if Stephens nominates Pies a deal gets done. I'd also imagine given the salary cap which seems to have prompted mini exodus of a few players including Stephens that draft picks would be sought rather than players unless there is a specific position the Swans are looking to fix so you would imagine the crux would be something like future 2nd rounder for Collingwood to Swans for Dylan Stephens though deals are never that simple these days so expect later picks to be thrown around both ways.
How do the Pies get Daicos, Lipinski and Stephens with the picks they have?

How do the Pies get Daicos, Lipinski and Stephens with the picks they have?

Lipinski wouldn't cost too much at at all, Doggies will probably give him cheaply to the Pies as some kind of thank you for Adam Treloar I dare say.

Stephens on the other hand will take a bit more work from Collingwood to pull it off, as Jen2310 said, I think next years 2nd round pick the Pies is about the mark, but I think the Swans will want something more.

By all reports, the rumours surrounding our tight cap are completely overblown - particularly with Dawson requesting a trade. I don't think we would be satisfied with a future 2nd rounder for Dylan Stephens. He will be on s**t all, so we won't save much money, and we would be trading a pick 5 from two years ago that is still rated very highly internally for a pick that's likely to end up in the twenties. I don't think we would accept that offer.

If he picks Adelaide or Dons he will leave.

If he selects Swans or Pies he is staying, one will just be announced alot earlier.

Pies have zero draft capital, Swans will try to show they wont be bullied, he will eventually re-sign late in the trade period.

By all reports, the rumours surrounding our tight cap are completely overblown - particularly with Dawson requesting a trade. I don't think we would be satisfied with a future 2nd rounder for Dylan Stephens. He will be on sh*t all, so we won't save much money, and we would be trading a pick 5 from two years ago that is still rated very highly internally for a pick that's likely to end up in the twenties. I don't think we would accept that offer.

Yep agree a pick 5 from two years ago should be worth more but the problem for Sydney is that he is uncontracted. If he specifically nominates Collingwood only a deal gets done (Pies and Swans have a good trading history) or pick 2 in the PSD (due to Pies finishing so lowly) comes into play. If he is worried about North taking him at pick 1 PSD then he needs to decide if he takes that risk or signs back on with Sydney. I think a future 2nd (likely to be in the 19-25 range next year) and maybe a swap of future 3rds is about all that could be offered. Will be interesting to see how it plays out; especially with the Pies interest in Lipinski too and the lack of draft capital we hold.

Yep agree a pick 5 from two years ago should be worth more but the problem for Sydney is that he is uncontracted. If he specifically nominates Collingwood only a deal gets done (Pies and Swans have a good trading history) or pick 2 in the PSD (due to Pies finishing so lowly) comes into play. If he is worried about North taking him at pick 1 PSD then he needs to decide if he takes that risk or signs back on with Sydney. I think a future 2nd (likely to be in the 19-25 range next year) and maybe a swap of future 3rds is about all that could be offered. Will be interesting to see how it plays out; especially with the Pies interest in Lipinski too and the lack of draft capital we hold.
I agree with all of the above, which is why I cant see it happening, without players being traded out of Holden Centre or Pies trading and splitting their future first, which IMO they would be crazy to do.....so yeah. Wont happen.

Lipinski is Target Number 1 for Collingwood then I guess Possible Kruger/Stephens after that IF they choose us

I'd say probably more likely he stays than leaves.

But if he does decide to leave, pies would have to be creative. Dig into a future 2nd I'd say. Out of contract. Wants to leave, and played 15 games in 2 seasons. 7 of them in 2021. 1 as the unused sub.
It’s astonishing that Swans fans feel he’s still worth a first round pick. James Aish as an example, was far more accomplished in his 2 years at Brisbane, coming 4th in the rising star and having a terrific debut season. He was traded for 2 seconds.
Hoskin Elliott, a former pick 3, who had shown some real X factor at GWS but had injury issues, was traded for a second.
Stephens has done naff all to retain the value he was drafted at. If the swans are offered a future second they should take it and run. Frankly I’d be wary of offering even that much at this point.

If he nominares the pies a future 2nd will get the Stephens deal done. It will be a pick in the early 20's. Future 3rd or 4th for Lippa. We need at most 500 points for Daicos. Lynch, Seir and Cox would probably get us a couple picks around 50. We could trade out a future 3rd/4th (whatever we dont use for Lippa) for a current pick. Which gets us pretty close to the points we want for Daicos. If we go into deficit for Daicos its not the end of the world.

If the swans are offered a future second they should take it and run. Frankly I’d be wary of offering even that much at this point.
Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can laugh all you want, a future second is fair value for a youngster with only ‘promise.’ We absolutely shouldn’t offer more than that.
Never said you should offer more than that. We certainly shouldn't be accepting it though.

They don't. Simple

Last years trading has essentially blocked them this year. IMO - In the end they'll pay a huge amount for Daicos in points and team development

It’s doable, whether we actually want both Lipinski and Stephens is another question.

And there’s a reason Daicos will cost a lot of points, getting the top rated kid in the country is not detrimental to “team development.” 😂

It’s astonishing that Swans fans feel he’s still worth a first round pick. James Aish as an example, was far more accomplished in his 2 years at Brisbane, coming 4th in the rising star and having a terrific debut season. He was traded for 2 seconds.

Jye Caldwell (pick 11) went for two mid second round picks, with a third coming back. I feel like this is around where I value Stephens.

Jye Caldwell (pick 11) went for two mid second round picks, with a third coming back. I feel like this is around where I value Stephens.
So you value Stephens and pick 45 for pick 30 and 31
Would that be similar to Stephens being traded for pick 20? (which would be about what our future 2nd would be)

So you value Stephens and pick 45 for pick 30 and 31
Would that be similar to Stephens being traded for pick 20? (which would be about what our future 2nd would be)

I'd prefer the two second rounders with one being in the current draft, than a potential pick 20-25 alone.

That being said as seen in the past, once a recent draftee is out of contract, they're value drops dramatically from where they were taken (see Aish, Hately, Caldwell, Bonar, Scrimshaw etc.).

It’s doable, whether we actually want both Lipinski and Stephens is another question.

And there’s a reason Daicos will cost a lot of points, getting the top rated kid in the country is not detrimental to “team development.” 😂

He'll cost you more than pick 1 in points after the trade and the year you have had so will therefore mean you've lost points to build a team with. Anyway, enjoy your rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Back