EA SPORTS AFL 2015/ AFL 2K15 - Wishlist thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's exactly right EA are strictly American. :drunk:

This is the worst post I have ever had the misfortune of reading on BigFooty.

The truth is that Wicked Witch and Tru Blu have had their opportunity and they f***ed it up bigtime. Having aussie developers do it didn't work, let's try the company that is known for making brilliant sports games across the world.

North American yes.

So... why do they have offices and contractors all around the world that operate under the name Electronic Arts?

EA Tiburon and EA Canada are the two studios that develop games under the EA Sports brand. Those two studios are located in Orlando, Florida & Burnaby, British Columbia respectively (a city near Vancouver). That's North America, nowhere else.

EA Tiburon and EA Canada are the two studios that develop games under the EA Sports brand. Those two studios are located in Orlando, Florida & Burnaby, British Columbia respectively (a city near Vancouver). That's North America, nowhere else.
Still didn't answer my question...

Sent from my PSP using Twitter

Still didn't answer my question...

Sent from my PSP using Twitter

I struggle to see how Battlefield being developed in Sweden (using an example) is relevant to EA Sports and the likelikood that one of the two studios under that brand would develop a video game based on a sporting league in a country with barely over 20 million people living in it.

I struggle to see how Battlefield being developed in Sweden (using an example) is relevant to EA Sports and the likelikood that one of the two studios under that brand would develop a video game based on a sporting league in a country with barely over 20 million people living in it.
I'd hate to sound so blunt.

But I am pretty tired.

To me, your point seems completely invalid, and I, personally, don't give a s**t.

I will probably read over this in a few days and think wow, I was being a massive dick.

So... why do they have offices and contractors all around the world that operate under the name Electronic Arts?
Because they're all contributing extra manpower to the big name titles. None of them are releasing small little localised niche titles like what AFL would be.

Because they're all contributing extra manpower to the big name titles. None of them are releasing small little localised niche titles like what AFL would be.

I realize that the odds are heavily against this happening.

But as I've said numerous times, it's still worth a shot.

That's exactly right EA are strictly American. :drunk:

This is the worst post I have ever had the misfortune of reading on BigFooty.

The truth is that Wicked Witch and Tru Blu have had their opportunity and they f***ed it up bigtime. Having aussie developers do it didn't work, let's try the company that is known for making brilliant sports games across the world.

Do you read many posts on BigFooty?

Do you read many posts on BigFooty?

I'm not going to lie, I cannot remember posting that haha

I have read many terrible posts on BigFooty, but in no way that takes the cake.

I don't think this will happen. We can all wish, but big gaming company's aren't throwing themselves at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be better to email the AFL, I don't get why throwing a few extra million at a developer and telling them to get it right isn't seen as a good investment. It wouldn't be a huge dent in their finances and with the state of gaming today its one of the best untapped means for advertising/promoting around.

Wouldn't hurt overseas interest either, will always be a niche market but make a game good enough and gamers will play it :)

anyone herd anything about any companies even thinking about making a new afl game
I doubt it.

Wicked witch and Tru Blue would probably have the monopoly over Aussie sports games at the moment.

EA have it easy with FIFA in my book. Pass, shoot, cards, through ball, celebration buttons, cross, penalty. It's no where near as complicated or hard to get right as an AFL game with it's plethora of rules. Too high, in the back, marking, forwards leading, deliberates, marking contests, hip and shoulders, throwing the ball, kicking or handballing etc etc. It all sounds like a programming nightmare to me and our poor small developers down here try their best but never quite nail it. I'd tip my hat if EA or 2k would be able to nail it with the budget that the Aussie devs have... there is no way in my mind they could.

AFL Live wasn't that bad....

I have never understood why the AFL don't throw a bit of money at going with a EA or a big company to make an AFL game 2 expose the game more overseas. Their always looking at ways ATM to expand their brand overseas maybe this is 1 way they can do it. Look at madden NFL NHL etc not big sports in say Australia England etc but sell a fair few copies. Me personally a few years ago would buy them just coz they were fun games 2 play, now I actually understand a fair bit about NFL after being such a novices a few years back. Just an opinion anyways.....

As much as I want EA/2K game, its very unlikely to happen. Too small a market. The only way I could see a game of that quality is if 2K Australia made it. Then again, the only game I know of that they made is Bioshock, which is good, but obviously not a sports game.

I'd say it's more to do with the AFL getting a much larger slice of the profits with locally made games as opposed to using a company like EA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back