Preview Eagles and Dockers 2024 Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Eagles are in deep trouble still.

They did a good job last season by managing the media and the public narrative around the spoon. Mostly blaming "bad luck" with injury.

It already looks like they going to use the same PR strategy in 2024.

It's also pretty poor of such a powerhouse club to put so much pressure on one young kid, Reid.

He's just a kid and I feel they are making the exact same mistake North made with JHF.

Anyone thinking he's going to walk into the AFL and dominate and win the the Rising Star in a canter are delusional. He's a good young player but needs time . He could just be a Cam Rayner. Way too early to know.
I don’t believe it’s so much the club but the media (West Australian) who seem besotted by him. Anyone with half a brain would know he’s only a kid and more than likely it will take him time to adjust to the tempo of AFL.

You mean like Sydney manages the AFL to keep it giving it handouts and an underserved production line of quality AFL players to constantly refresh their list.

Amirite?
Yep. Youre right.

Afl told the other 17 clubs they weren't allowed to pick Gulden..so we could get him at pick 32.

Other clubs so scared of AFL house they have all maintained a conspiracy of silence about this.

Also we are so good and get so many favours that Vic clubs miraculously win the flag every year .

(You guys would still be up there if U didn't keep giving blokes like NicNat, Darling and Gaff neverending massive contracts).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there will be another logjam next year meaning about 13 or 14 teams could or should be expecting to make the 8.

13 into 8 doesn't go so it should be spectacular.

Can't see Freo making it until they sort their forward line. If they do that they should definitely make finals. Not sure why the comparison to Eagles though, two totally different places
It's not just their forward line that needs attention, their defensive cohort doesn't exactly fill one with confidence not to mention their leadership or rather lack of it. Then there's the old Freo lack of consistency which it seems has been a feature almost since their inception. I can see a new Coach in place in '25 if they don't improve markedly in '24. Watch this space.

It's not just their forward line that needs attention, their defensive cohort doesn't exactly fill one with confidence not to mention their leadership or rather lack of it. Then there's the old Freo lack of consistency which it seems has been a feature almost since their inception. I can see a new Coach in place in '25 if they don't improve markedly in '24. Watch this space.
it will probably happen too by the end of the year... a new coach

I won't comment on the dockers (whats the point)

But WCE will be lucky to win 4 games this year. We won 3 last year, 2 we didn't deserve the win and only got through by incredibly accurate goal kicking and the other GWS were coming off 1 days less break after playing round 1 in 35 degrees and missing multiple key midfielders and we still almost lost all bar 1 single dominant quarter.

For the record Adelaide were the team that played GWS the week before and then backing it up they lost to Richmond by 32 points as well, in Adelaide.

As a club we could play significantly better than last year and still finish with less wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back