Connar

Team Captain
May 29, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Fremantle AFLW Team.
As we are less than a month away from the start of the 2024 Men's Season followed by the Women's Season during August/September, here is how I think all four WA Teams will fare in 2024:

West Coast:

Mens - 14th
Womens - 16th or 17th

Fremantle:

Mens - 12th
Womens - 4th and Premiers

As we are less than a month away from the start of the 2024 Men's Season followed by the Women's Season during August/September, here is how I think all four WA Teams will fare in 2024:

West Coast:

Mens - 14th
Womens - 16th or 17th

Fremantle:

Mens - 12th
How do you finish 4th and premiers? Wouldn't it just be premiers.

But they can't finish 4th and first.
Ladder position I always find interesting at the end of the season for premiers, e.g. were they the best team all year or peak in finals.

The premiers receive the 18th draft pick and are the premiers, but the ladder doesn't get rewritten and they still finished 4th on the ladder. It'd just that in our game, we don't rate the ladder.

So you could say Port Adelaide finished first last year, but Geelong won the premiership and both could be correct.

But they can't finish 4th and first.
Ladder position I always find interesting at the end of the season for premiers, e.g. were they the best team all year or peak in finals.

The premiers receive the 18th draft pick and are the premiers, but the ladder doesn't get rewritten, they still finished 4th on the ladder.

So in a year you could say Port Adelaide finished 1st last year but Geelong won the premiership and both could be correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The premiers receive the 18th draft pick and are the premiers, but the ladder doesn't get rewritten, they still finished 4th on the ladder.

So in a year you could say Port Adelaide finished 1st last year but Geelong won the premiership and both could be correct.

Yes but you aren't going to say Port Adelaide and Geelong finished first.

West Coast:

Mens - 14th
Womens - 16th or 17th

Fremantle:

Mens - 12th
I seem to remember you made a similar prediction about the Freo Women last year, saying they were premiership contenders then they didn't even end up making finals. What's changed? How are they going to overcome that enormous gulf between themselves and the top teams, who all accounted for them easily last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back