Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

WA breed real blokes. Hard as nails and scared of no-one. That's why we are realistically one of only a couple of non-vic sides to even think about getting our hands on the flag these days

WA breed real blokes. Hard as nails and scared of no-one. That's why we are realistically one of only a couple of non-vic sides to even think about getting our hands on the flag these days

The past 8 Grand Finals have been clashes between Melbourne-based and interstate sides.

We and Sydney are the only two to fly back with the cup.

The past 8 Grand Finals have been clashes between Melbourne-based and interstate sides.

That's why the NRL won't give us a team cos the first thing we'd do in our comeback NRL game is put Cameron Smith on his ar.se.

There’s no similar feeling than not actually knowing if you’ll be the Premiers until the siren actually goes

It's what made 06 better than 18 personally

That channel 10 Last 5 minute warning where you don't know how long is left gave it that extra bit of tension and more memorable IMO

That channel 10 Last 5 minute warning where you don't know how long is left gave it that extra bit of tension and more memorable IMO

True. But in 06 we got a handy start but was agonising in the sense we could lose this again after coming close in 05.

18 I was numb that first 1/4 thinking were gunna do a 2015 but as each 1/4 finished I kept thinking surely not! Both were epic finishes unlike the Tigers two flags which were boring and won’t be spoken about anytime soon.

Just talking more those last few moments in each match:

2018 Yeo gets that mongrel kick up forward I knew we were safe and there wasn't enough time for them then. So you could enjoy those last few seconds as an almost anti climax.

2006 oh s**t ball up on the 50 metre arc for Sydney, how much longer??? Wait, s**t siren!

It was that joy of enjoying the win in real time that made it for me. In a weird way it almost made you feel like you were sitting at the ground and not knowing how much time was left.

Off the top of my head, you'd have to go back to 2003 and Brisbane to find a non-Victorian club other than West Coast/Sydney beating a Melbourne/Victorian club in a Grand Final.

That's pretty remarkable. It's taken me over a decade, but I think I've finally traded my Sydney hatred for begrudging respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, I loved that. It was such a contrast to 2018 where the commentators could start preparing forced summaries- "a big big big stadium, big big big flag ". So contrived.

I'm a fan of the five minute warning from the Ten days. Imagine the amount of pants shat when Darling dropped that mark if there had been a count-up clock (it would've been just over the 30 min mark). I would rather let it all out at the final siren not knowing when it would go

Off the top of my head, you'd have to go back to 2003 and Brisbane to find a non-Victorian club other than West Coast/Sydney beating a Melbourne/Victorian club in a Grand Final.

That's pretty remarkable. It's taken me over a decade, but I think I've finally traded my Sydney hatred for begrudging respect.
Sometimes I get to that point too, then I remember Cola and their academy and I'm back to hating them.

I'm a fan of the five minute warning from the Ten days. Imagine the amount of pants shat when Darling dropped that mark if there had been a count-up clock (it would've been just over the 30 min mark). I would rather let it all out at the final siren not knowing when it would go
Ha ha - I shat my pants and I could see the time counting down! Shuey marking Maynards kick-in was a pivotal moment that doesn't get talked about enough.

In retrospect, there was a lot going on in those last 2 minutes. 3 great marks to set up sheeds impossible kick, a great clearance kicked to Darling who drops a sitter, then recovers for cripps and rioli to nearly goal anyway. Shuey Marks from Maynard, Yeo clears from midfield back to attacking 50m. Masten face planted on the siren.

What an afternoon GF day 18 was. From thinking it was 15 all over again. To a glimmer of hope after two late snaggers, to a gripping second quarter, then being level at three quarter time. The last quarter was intense. we could have run away with it but added to the climax. i dont think i could have handled losing that game either. Ahh cmon boys fire up for 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back