East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Luke may get itchy feet come the start of the season.......wouldn't be surprised if he donned the boots at some point next year.........ex Carlton rookie Brad Walsh is a former Peel boy.....perhaps Wiley might get him over as a swap for Rory O'Brien......not to sure if Peel have any decent talls bar the ES boys for Freo.......hopefully EF either get good money or a decent player in the ROB transfer......will be missed but TBH at 30 yrs of age I think EF need to add some zip and youth into their midfield......perhaps Brock will take over as captain!

Brad Walsh was unlucky to be cut from the Carlton list. He won the F&B for the Northern Blues in the VFL this year. Was the youngerst winner for 30 or 40 years. He would be a very good acquisition for the Sharks. I am hoping that Rob Wiley can talk him into joining the Sharks. Walsh would get more opportunities at Moss St than he would with the Dorkers.

With Duffy off to WP hopefully EF can attract a decent transfer fee for him, especially since he is fresh off an AFL list and young......still reckon EF need another tall up back and hopefully another midfielder type....time will tell I guess.....more likely to happen in the New Year me thinks....if at all

Brad Walsh was unlucky to be cut from the Carlton list. He won the F&B for the Northern Blues in the VFL this year. Was the youngerst winner for 30 or 40 years. He would be a very good acquisition for the Sharks. I am hoping that Rob Wiley can talk him into joining the Sharks. Walsh would get more opportunities at Moss St than he would with the Dorkers.

Brad Walsh will be playing with the Peel Dorkers in 2016.

http://www.peelthunder.com.au/news/9648/thunder-welcome-back-walsh

Very true andana......Judgey was a favourite of mine as a youngster watching EF in the 70's/80's......certainly kicked some freaky goals for us back then.....great that he came back and coached the club to two flags after his playing days were over.....definitely an EF legend that's for sure.

Well said andana. Unfortunately his playing days were before my time but I remember the 1992 and 1994 flags under Judge's tutelage, have them on DVD and will certainly watch one tonight in memory of Ken.

East Fremantle legend who always gave back at grass roots level and mentoring younger players. Bled blue and white and many AFL players can thank Ken for his impact on their career. RIP Judgey, you'll be missed

From the club website
Vale Ken Judge
Friday, January 15, 2016 - 9:44 AM

ilmie440e4ky_250.jpg

The East Fremantle Football Club is deeply saddened by the news of Ken Judge passing after a long battle with cancer.

Ken was the current Patron of the Club, a Premiership Player, a Premiership Coach, and former Director, and his heart bled for the blue & white.

Ken had a long distinguished career in Football, from his playing career at East Fremantle (120 games), Hawthorn (72 games) & Brisbane (17 games), to his Coaching career at East Fremantle, Hawthorn & West Coast Eagles. He was a premiership coach at East Fremantle in 1992 and 1994.

Our deepest sympathy goes to Annette and the family on the loss of Ken, taken far too early.

Former Hawthorn teammate Dermott Brereton paid tribute to Judge as a “wonderful player” who he regarded as possessing the best set-shot for goal he had ever seen in the game.

“One thing I will say, he was the best set-shot at goal I have ever seen in my entire football career,’’ Brereton said

“You have people like Tony Lockett, who has great conversion rate and the like. Ken was a half-forward flanker and there has never been a more precise kick at goal than Ken Judge.

“He was the most technically, beautifully executed, just put them down, count the goal before he even ran into a set shot that I have ever seen.

“An amazing technician with the football in his hand.’’

4 top ups already decided, six more to go.....wonder if Watson will get the nod?....if he does get the nod, I really think EF will struggle height wise this year....Jack Cripps gone to the VFL, Young retired, Howson struggling health wise, Symonds still in the rehab group post ankle surgery....only Bristow, Chartres, Fletcher, Cronan, Stokes and Solomon over 195 cm at the club.....the latter 4 very much inexperienced.....Watson on board for EFFC this year is a no brainer...can't see EF securing a last minute replacement if Watson does go...great to hear Sandiland is down each week helping out EF young rucks.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't there another Sandilands.

Essendung need a tall defender, hope it's not Watson. We need 2 Watsons

Chad Sandilands maybe the other one, Aaron's younger brother?

My two bucks worth on Matt Watson is it would definitely suck to lose him, can play tall at either end. Good size and had his fair share of knockers at the Blues but I think with a second opportunity at AFL level he'd atone for the past.

yep Chad is 211 younger sibling......played colts for EF a few years back, was behind a queue of tall's at the time post colts, went to Perth played reserves there for about 2 - 3 years then left without cracking a league game......touch wood 211 when he retires post Freo comes down and plays for a year at EF.....stick him the goal square, would be hard to match up at the WAFL level.....but hey that's not gonna happen this year......got a mate whose son is training with the league side, he reckons Wiley has been great, lots of new training drills etc.....another mate has a son in the colts, also heard plenty of good reports about Wiley and the mood of the squad......sadly no more new recruits post new year, so I reckon if Watson goes there will no hope of another to fill the breach before the season starts.......

nice little write up on Wiley and EFFC in The West Australian over the weekend, mentions Matthew Watson and hopefully is a subtle indicator that Watson may not be on Essendon's radar as a top up player.........though with the AFL you never know!

nice little write up on Wiley and EFFC in The West Australian over the weekend, mentions Matthew Watson and hopefully is a subtle indicator that Watson may not be on Essendon's radar as a top up player.........though with the AFL you never know!
I see John Silvester wrote a tribute to Judgey in The Age the other day Freeze ..although apparently his footy playing career started at Hawthorn in 1983 & ended at Brisbane in 88 whilst his footy coaching career started at Carlton as assistant in 95 and ended at WCE in 01 :confused::rolleyes: ...not one mention of your beloved Old Easts having anything to do with Judgeys footy career whatsoever! :oops:

yeah sad to hear that BH, but hey mate Leon Baker made his footy debut for Essendon way back in the 80's......pretty sure he won a flag or two at SDFC before that?.....doesn't really matter what folk write come end of the day, Judgey loved his footy and was a good generous man, will always be in my teenage memories, as that fella wearing the long sleeve number 8 for EF back in the 70's/80's kicking some crazy arsed goals.

New tall player from peel Dylan Winton

DOB: 27th July 1996
Debut:
Height: 191
Weight: 83

Seeking more opportunities that he isn't getting at Peel I assume. I've heard his name in draft calculations before, can't say I know a lot about him but. I imagine he was behind the likes of Silvagni, Smith and Bootsma at League selection and would need to contend with Sam Collins, Matt Uebergang an Ryan Nyhuis in 2016. Will get a lot more senior opportunities at Shark Park and if he still has plans to play AFL will get greater exposure.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-27/dylan-winton

I know it's only a highlights package but he looks like a ready made defender that is strong in intercept and overhead marking. Good disposal by foot out of the back half as well

On a side note he was part of the State 18 leadership group in 2014 with Walsh, Waterman, Jack Cripps, Blakely and Hardisty

Winton, who stands at 192cm, played State 18’s for Western Australia, being part of their leadership group in 2014. Winton’s signing also sees him re-unite with East Fremantle’s coach in Rob Wiley, who himself coached Dylan when at the helm of the State 16’s program in 2012.

Winton, has in recent times made his name as a strong marking defender who has the ability to read the ball well, taking intercept marks. In his 18 League games played, Winton has shown a real thirst for the contest and his competitive nature will be an asset for the Sharks in season 2016.

Wiley said, I’m over the moon to get a young, developing tall defender, who will add value to our list. Having coached Dylan in the State 16’s I know he is a natural defender, who can not only shut down but also win his own ball and create offensively, which will be very important moving forward.”

Looks like a much needed pick up for us.

Great to see Macca get the nod for role of skipper, with Anthony and Jupp as his deputies.....my mate says Watson is training up a storm and should have a big influence on EF fortunes this year....that's if Essendon don't come sniffing......

Great to see Macca get the nod for role of skipper, with Anthony and Jupp as his deputies.....my mate says Watson is training up a storm and should have a big influence on EF fortunes this year....that's if Essendon don't come sniffing......
Macca as in J-Mac Freeze?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back