East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The West Australian Football Commission’s inaugural Come and Try Talls Day has unearthed an exciting teenage ruck prospect.

Recently turned 17-year-old Cooper Ramsay was a stand-out performer at the event last month.

WAFC Talent Manager Adam Jones is excited about Cooper’s potential.

“Firstly, his age and height were exactly what we were looking for, and then after seeing him test and go through ruck and marking drills he showed the athleticism that we wanted to see, “Jones said.

“Cooper ticked all the boxes we were looking for, and while we haven’t seen him play, he fitted the criteria of the type of athlete we were looking for.

“We’ve seen in the past if we get the right athletes into our football programs, we’ve got confidence we can develop their football to a good level.”

The 200-centimetre prospect is a new arrival to Australian Rules.

“I played soccer from the age of 5 to 15 and in that time, I also did boxing, jiu jitsu, and had a year in rugby league,” Cooper said.

“Socially I enjoy basketball ball and golf and then when I was 16, I played my first year of AFL and really loved it.

“I heard about the have a go day on TV and thought I would just see what it was like.

“The tryout day was great, and I didn’t know what to expect.

“I was told we did parts of the combine testing, and I enjoyed all aspects of it.”

Cooper is about to enter Year 12 at Melville Senior High School.

“I would like to see how far I can take footy as I love the sport,” he said.

“Ultimately, I want to play at the highest level in the AFL.

“I really enjoy being in the ruck but will play any position that my coach feels I can contribute to the team.

“I am very grateful and excited for the opportunity to be a part of the elite footy setup.”

Jones revealed the teenager will team up with a West Coast Eagles premiership ruckman.

“We have invited Cooper to be part of our “Talls Program” and be part of our WA Pre-Season Training Program once a week under the guidance of Mark Seaby,” Jones said.

“Cooper has also been invited to the East Fremantle Futures Program.”

Plans are already in place to replicate the Come and Try Day initiative in 2024.

“To find one prospect in the first year is a fantastic result.

“This is something we are going to look at doing every year to continue to unearth top end athletes who haven’t been exposed to much football.”

Josh Browne gone to Williamstown.
Spadanuda to wc wafl.

Luke Yeo also loaned out to WCER for the season mate.....Dodd indicated hopefully both youngsters will get some league footy in 2024....though previous 'loanee' in Browne got 30 odd games of league with WCER and never came back, and now has gone to the VFL.

I see EF website has finally announced the return of Jed Hagan.....better late than never I guess. I see Teakle missed out on a rookie spot at Collingwood, disappointing for the big fella. Was told from a mate who went to EF AGM in December, that Monaghan said if not picked up, Teakle will return to EF. Reckon there will be a few WAFL clubs keen to sign Teakle though, so will be interesting to see where Teakle ends up.

Strnadica likely to get that metro tsf for work around Easter, so are likely return to the fold too. Currently training with a local country footy club where he works M-F, so once in Perth, he will be fast track his fitness for some league footy in 2024.

EF Futures started the season with a big win over SD futures.....well done to the youngsters.

I see EF website has finally announced the return of Jed Hagan
Football Manager, Brad Dodd, is excited to see Hagan back in the Blue and White.

“Jed has come back and really hit the ground running, winning our 2km time trial against a very strong field. He is a hard working player and has embraced our program to date and set himself up for a big year. You forget that he’s still only 20 and he’s already played just under 30 Senior games. We’d expect him to continue to develop as a forward, while looking to have stints through the midfield”.

Update - February 2024
The East Fremantle Community Park development is close to completion with works to the eastern bank and landscaping across the park now underway.
The new footpath around the oval has now been completed, along with:

• Sculpting of the existing sump (south eastern corner) to make it smoother and more open.
  • Removing the large sand piles on the north of the oval.
  • Shaping some of the banks to a smoother level.
Upcoming works starting from next week into March include:

• Installation of reticulation to the eastern bank.
  • Installation of fencing to the new dog park.
  • Installation of amenities to the dog park such as bins and a drink fountain.
  • Footpath repair works around the oval precinct.
  • Installation of over 35 trees on the eastern bank.
In partnership with the Western Australian State Government, East Fremantle Football Club, the East Fremantle Bowls Club, the East Fremantle Croquet Club and with funding from Lotterywest, the Town has developed the facility with community in mind.

East Fremantle are excited to announce the signing of Zach Rankin for the 2024 season. Zach has previously played League football at Peel Thunder and comes to the club after playing local football in 2023.

The hard working Rankin has had an interrupted career, curtailed by injury. Looking for a fresh start, and a change of luck, Rankin is excited to restart his WAFL career at East Fremantle.

“After a number of injuries over multiple seasons, I made the conscious decision to step away in 2023 and prioritise my rehab and becoming a stronger and more resilient player. I’m excited to join the reigning premiers”.

Any relation to David?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The West reports Teakle is back at EF. Very handy in so close to the season start....that's if The West is right for a change.

After spending the last 2 seasons at Port Adelaide in the AFL, Brynn Teakle returns to East Fremantle for the 2024 season. The popular ruckman had spent the pre-season training at reigning premiers, Collingwood, narrowly missing out on being added to their list. Teakle was picked up as a mid season draft selection in 2022, making his AFL debut against Sydney in Round 14. Unfortunately, he broke his collarbone in the game which required surgery.

On reflection on his time at Port, Teakle was able to see first hand the preparation required to perform week in and week out.

“Being at Port, I was able to see how some of the best players in the competition went about preparing, how hard they worked and how much dedication and time they put into recovery. I was able to tweak a few things in those spaces that I believe have helped me develop as a player

Football Manager, Brad Dodd, believes Brynn still has something to offer at the next level.

“We’re excited to welcome Brynn back to Shark Park. He had worked incredibly hard to create an opportunity at the next level, and while it hasn’t panned out as well as he would’ve liked, he is determined to continue to work on his game and keep his name in the mix. He’ll play mainly as a ruckman with East Fremantle but has shown previously that he can be damaging as a forward also”.

Was on the league list, but been on the colts list for over a month now.....not sure why.

At the completion of the season, all Players not eligible for colts in the following season must
be moved to the senior list prior to turning 19 years of age or older. Players who are 18 years
of age (Jan1 – Dec31) will be regarded as a Listed player for the purpose of this rule and will
need to be moved to the Senior Player list or retained as an eligible 19yr player on the Colts
list as per 12.1 (d) prior to the January open period commencing as per Rule 1.4.1 (c).

2024 wafl rules and regulations

After spending the last 2 seasons at Port Adelaide in the AFL, Brynn Teakle returns to East Fremantle for the 2024 season. The popular ruckman had spent the pre-season training at reigning premiers, Collingwood, narrowly missing out on being added to their list. Teakle was picked up as a mid season draft selection in 2022, making his AFL debut against Sydney in Round 14. Unfortunately, he broke his collarbone in the game which required surgery.

On reflection on his time at Port, Teakle was able to see first hand the preparation required to perform week in and week out.

“Being at Port, I was able to see how some of the best players in the competition went about preparing, how hard they worked and how much dedication and time they put into recovery. I was able to tweak a few things in those spaces that I believe have helped me develop as a player

Football Manager, Brad Dodd, believes Brynn still has something to offer at the next level.

“We’re excited to welcome Brynn back to Shark Park. He had worked incredibly hard to create an opportunity at the next level, and while it hasn’t panned out as well as he would’ve liked, he is determined to continue to work on his game and keep his name in the mix. He’ll play mainly as a ruckman with East Fremantle but has shown previously that he can be damaging as a forward also”.

Great to see.

Update - February 2024
The East Fremantle Community Park development is close to completion with works to the eastern bank and landscaping across the park now underway.
The new footpath around the oval has now been completed, along with:

• Sculpting of the existing sump (south eastern corner) to make it smoother and more open.
  • Removing the large sand piles on the north of the oval.
  • Shaping some of the banks to a smoother level.
Upcoming works starting from next week into March include:

• Installation of reticulation to the eastern bank.
  • Installation of fencing to the new dog park.
  • Installation of amenities to the dog park such as bins and a drink fountain.
  • Footpath repair works around the oval precinct.
  • Installation of over 35 trees on the eastern bank.
In partnership with the Western Australian State Government, East Fremantle Football Club, the East Fremantle Bowls Club, the East Fremantle Croquet Club and with funding from Lotterywest, the Town has developed the facility with community in mind.

Apparently the "new" EF Oval not compliant to WAFL standards and it looks unlikely it can be used (for WAFL) in 2024 - if ever.

first up on Saturday is what has now become the traditional Easter match up between Peel and East Fremantle in Mandurah, and this time it doubles as a grand final rematch.

Peel will be looking to start its season under new coach X in the best possible way by earning a measure of revenge on East Fremantle, but the Sharks enter the season as reigning premiers for the first time since 1999 and will want to start building momentum for their flag defence straight away.

Going to be some competition for games. Only lost Dixon from last season

Congrats to EF debutants Zadow and Dunscombe for the opener v Peel, plus ex Peel player Rankin, dons the Blue n White for the first time. Few players still missing from last years flag team, not sure the go with O'Reilly, hasn't been seen all preseason, as Boekhorst.

Tassone playing reserves, as is McGuire. Peel will get a few last minute Freo inclusions, so a few from their line up will make way. For EF, surely Schoenfeld & English will make the cut, one out of Blakiston and Cripps will play, leaving one place free....Holmes or Ball?....though I am a fan of Kale Paton, who goes about his business with the minimum of fuss.

Last edited:
Perhaps all those missing have niggles and aren't match fit mate....who knows. Obviously not the result EF wanted, but kudos to Peel. It's not like EF have lost to Peel first up before, happened last year.

Good to see English get a fair bit of the footy in the reserves, and the reserves kick 20 goals. Great win by the colts to. A few to come back in for EF, looks like Gorringe was a last minute out, with Blakiston coming in.

Big game next week v Cl, as Cl will be seeking their first win as well. Will be interesting to see who of the missing premiership group come in, or atleast play reserves.

Sounds like EF have some long term injuries - HMarsh 12 weeks, Eardley 4 weeks, Montubaun 6 weeks, Boekhorst not available till round 7 and O'Reilly unknown.

Joyce available this week, no doubt with English and RMcGuire in the mix. Tassone a few more reserves games under his belt. Be keen to see Koen Sanchez get a crack sooner rather than later. Talented sort who was unlucky to miss out on getting drafted.

Unsure of the availability of the likes of speedster in Walker and BMcGuire. Can't see any injury list on the club website, so hopefully not too far away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back