East Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Davo only kicking the 4 goals this week, with Gibbs 3. Certainly a win for the Cats defenders, even though they lost the match of the round by 50 points. Lakes also smashed Orbost by over 10 goals which will make Bully happy that he won the bet against Pachl. Unlucky for Pachl however, as it was a blowout in the final quarter against the Snowy Rovers. Big Gez turned it on for the Maroon and Whites kicking a bag of 10 goals. Lucknow also with the upset of the round beating the more fancied beating Paynesville and on their home turf to rub salt into the wounds. Robbins kicking a few wasn't enough to get his side up, and now they are in a bit of sh*t down at Paynesville. Questions will be asked of the players and certainly I can see a few changes being made to some of their weaker players.

Great news for the EGFL recently with 2 AFL debutants coming out of the league in as many weeks after Nick Heyne debuted for St. Kilda on the weekend against the Bombers. The Orbost Snowy Rovers youngster got a few kicks and showed plenty of promise for the future.

Campbell Heath of the Lindenow footy club has tonight been selected to make his debut for the Swans agaisnt Fremantle this weekend after numerous weeks on the emergency list. Great news for the youngsters and the league especially. Lucknow also ave their own home grown talent waiting to be given his crack at the big time with Koby Stevens at the Eagles who will debut this year if he can get his fitness and health maintained.

Great news for the EGFL. Good to see some more Gippsland locals gettting a go at the bigtime.

It really is. Add to that list Xavier Ellis (Lakes Entrance), Sean Dempster (Snowy Rovers), Dean Polo (Wy Yung) playing, EGFL really have done their bit for the Gippsland region producing some quality young talent.

Bairnsdale's Matt Davidson became only the 2nd player to kick 100 goals in season 2010 in the VCFL behind Grant Weeks.

He has dominated all year and kicked another 8 last weekend against Wy Yung to take his season tally to 105.

Great Stuff for someone who gives away a bit of height against his opponent.

Bairnsdale coach Shaun Mooney has been linked with a few Ovens & Murray coaching jobs.

(North Albury and Corowa/Rutherglen)

anybody heard anything?

I have heard plenty about Moose and the possibilities next year. Was speaking to him a few days ago and he said that someone had told him he was coaching Woodside, which he knew nothing about. I have heard same rumours regarding the jobs you have talked about Bourkey.

Has been linked to plenty of clubs within gippsland area too, he seems pretty focused on the task ahead with bairnsdale and winning it this year before settling down on anything permanent though for next year.

Is building a house in Maffra so I assume he intends to live around that area eventually.

I have heard same rumours regarding the jobs you have talked about Bourkey.
They definitely aren't just rumours, I can 100% categorically guarantee he has met/spoken with Corowa.

Where they sit, I don't know.

Has been linked to plenty of clubs within gippsland area too, he seems pretty focused on the task ahead with bairnsdale and winning it this year before settling down on anything permanent though for next year.
Yeah, have heard the same thing.
Seems like he is focused on finishing the year positively with Bairnsdale and then sitting down after the season is done.

Is building a house in Maffra so I assume he intends to live around that area eventually.
Yep, you would think so.

I personally don't think he'll come up here but the rumours won't go away.

I did know that they were true, as Shaun had told me, but was unsure as to public knowledge.

I don't think he will go up there either for what it is worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His house is almost complete and it is in Bairnsdale. Can say he has had a lot of offers from a lot of different clubs locally and non local, there is a high chance that he won't coach at all next year and focus on playing football, but still is unsure. Wants to win the flag with the Redlegs and then work out what he is going to do, also depends on where his wife to be will get work as to where he will go for footy, don't rule out coaching the red legs again next year either

I won't name clubs that he has told me he has spoken to or have asked to speak to him , for his privacy, but it is around at least 10 or more.

My source is the big moose himself, he will be doing best man duties for myself around this time next year.

Corowa-Rutherglen.

Lock it in.

Bairnsdale to win the flag today and Shaun to sign on next week.

Good on him too, earned himself a coaching gig in the best country league in the state.

I know Warragul were also interested..

Anybody know if Mooney has managed to bring anyone with him to the O&M?

How does Jason Marks go as a footballer?

Quite handy. Made it to the last cut of Power for the 2009 season. That was a pretty strong squad so to make it that far is a credit. Clean skills and fit.

Is also a top bloke too! :thumbsu:

I assume - given his age - that Moose will be playing coach - how is he going to handle the huge step up in standard??

Played with Ainslie in the AFL Canberra league and signed with Tassie in the VFL a few years ago from memory? so has definitely got the pedigree

Should be a handy player IMO, but it's certainly a question being asked by a lot of people up here.

He won't be a matchwinner and that's what Corowa desperately need.

O&M is a bloody good football league.

No disrespect to the East Gippy comp but he's certainly going to earn his kicks up here.

Moose will handle the step up fine assuming he plays that kind of reading the play, sweeping role that he has been good at in the past...

What is the prospective fall out from Bairnsdale following the move into the big league? A majority of the playing group seem content with the move, but there must be some blokes that are just happy playing EGFL and now have a chance to chase a quid in the area...

Moose will handle the step up fine assuming he plays that kind of reading the play, sweeping role that he has been good at in the past...

What is the prospective fall out from Bairnsdale following the move into the big league? A majority of the playing group seem content with the move, but there must be some blokes that are just happy playing EGFL and now have a chance to chase a quid in the area...

Its been backed positively by pretty much the entire EGFL. Every club had at least 2 or 3 senior players as well as Under 18's turn up to the meetings being help by the powerhouse and the interest is certainly not an issue. I can see the side being made up predominantly of current Bairnsdale, Wy Yung and Lindenow players, with Lakes probably supplying the talls.

EGFL are implying now a new points policy in recruiting to try and make the league more even. Pretty much works out as each player that is new to the club is ranked according to where they have played in the past and each club has been given a certain amount of points according to the current status and recent performances (eg Orbost are given a higher amount of points then a Wy Yung as they have traditionally been a weaker side etc.) In other words a major raid of the Omeo League will probably take place as each player in that league is ranked only 1 point due to the perceived lack of skill level and general football ability by most. Those clubs that can gain the services of the Omeo League better players such as Latham and say a Jansz from last year will be laughing.

Any word on the coaching appointments in EGFL?

Heard that Kelly won't do Lucknow next year, the 2010 Wy Yung thirds coach is doing the ones next year, no appointment at Lakes as yet... Lindenow, Paynesville, Orbost???

Any word on the coaching appointments in EGFL?

Heard that Kelly won't do Lucknow next year, the 2010 Wy Yung thirds coach is doing the ones next year, no appointment at Lakes as yet... Lindenow, Paynesville, Orbost???

yeah Boo Wheeler will be taking on the ones with the club not happy with Dennison this year. Apparently Denno wasn't to happy, with the view that he was never given a proper opportunity in his first year but the threat of losing players made Wy Yung get Boo in the head role. He is fresh out of coaching the Wy Yung under 18's to a premiership this year and is very good at recruiting and well respected by the entire league.

Orbost have re-appointed their 2010 coaches I heard in Luke Borley and Colin McDonald. Happy with the progress of the young players coming through the 18's in Bates, Kane, MCDonald and others who all showed their worth at senior level so much the same next year but with an extra years experience for the young fellas.

Haven't heard anything with 100% confirmation of Lindenow yet, but I'm sure that Turk and Peter Kerr will be in charge of the seniors again. It was Turks first year in charge and got them to a Grand Final and really enjoys it out there so from what I hear will go round again. It'll be interesting to see how many Lindenow players will be playing for Bairnsdale next year and to what extent it will have on the Cats senior side.

Paynesville I haven't heard much just yet. I know that some of the players didn't see eye-to-eye with big H down there during the season so it will be interesting if he is re-appointed whether or not a few certain players leave the club because of it. Always rumours and speculation going around this time of year though so how much you read into it is for the individual to decide.

Yeah heard Kelly wasn't keen on going again next year at Lucky but probably will still be playing with his brother there so chances are probably just appoint someone internal who was around in 2010 with the Kelly boys still hanging around helping out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back