Roast Eddie McGuire and Dermot (post game analysis fox footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't know if you guys watched but it was pure s**t. Gave no credit to west coast, called many of our decisions contentious and had 'question marks', blatantly barracking for north. As soon as the game finished, you could hear it in mcguires voice that he was annoyed that we won the game. Thank * McClure had the decency to admit that we should have been in front by more.

I am so sick to death of the bullshit vic media having no neutrality whatsoever. Why are we hated so much? Yes we didn't have a good game, we have contentious players, but doesn't every side?

I am disappoint.

Goes both ways, they had chances to bury us just as we had chances to bury them. Whoever stuck their neck out in the last second was a bit if luck but when you play average footy it will come back to bite you. Easily could have been either team in the end.

Complaining about the umpiring is such a cop out because that too went both ways. Shocking decisions on both ends of the park.

One thing I dont understand regarding the head high stuff is they never call players like Joel Selwood out on it (He has the most out of any player). They are "courageous" or "smart" footballers for drawing a free. We have a couple of guys that do it (Shuey, Selwood) yet we are disgusting cheats. The commentators even make an effort to talk about it during the game. Doesn't make sense.

It was unbelievable to hear them say that Shuey purposely threw his leg out so he could win a free. The game is played at a frenetic pace, how the hell is Shuey supposed to conceive such an unusual idea in the short moment when he received the ball late in the game, under extreme pressure? He didnt even have time to think that in the space of time between him getting the ball and getting tackled. Sure, Dermy, be a hero and watch it in slow motion while in the comfort of a plush chair, because you haven't been playing 100 minutes of tough footy, with your season on the line in the dying moments of a game of modern football, where you only have a split-second to react. Give me a break, he clearly slipped and wasn't trying to draw a free.

(Moved my post from the Tony Shaw thread)

One thing I dont understand regarding the head high stuff is they never call players like Joel Selwood out on it (He has the most out of any player). They are "courageous" or "smart" footballers for drawing a free. We have a couple of guys that do it (Shuey, Selwood) yet we are disgusting cheats. The commentators even make an effort to talk about it during the game. Doesn't make sense.
Not sure if serious?

I thought one on shuey was harsh. I guess when you hate so much, you begin to see things that aren't there.

yes, you guys got an armchair ride from the umps, but you were good enough to win.
you still had to kick the goals, & you'd have to admit that Scott was very reserved in his statements about the umpiring after the game.
well done and you should make the 8 by season's end with such results. :thumbsu:

yes, you guys got an armchair ride from the umps, but you were good enough to win.
you still had to kick the goals, & you'd have to admit that Scott was very reserved in his statements about the umpiring after the game.
well done and you should make the 8 by season's end with such results. :thumbsu:

Yeah thanks for backhanded compliment.

Armchair ride from the umps? Seriously * off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys should have watched channel 7. Denis Cometti was very bias towards you guys. Winners are grinners so well done, but we were screwed by the umps. Don't believe me, look at what other supporters are saying from other teams. Oh well you guys get the last laugh :)

You guys should have watched channel 7. Denis Cometti was very bias towards you guys. Winners are grinners so well done, but we were screwed by the umps. Don't believe me, look at what other supporters are saying from other teams. Oh well you guys get the last laugh :)
Goes both ways. Plenty of supporters agree with us too.

I am so sick to death of the bullshit vic media having no neutrality whatsoever. Why are we hated so much? Yes we didn't have a good game, we have contentious players, but doesn't every side?

Because you as a club are ruining the game. AFL football as a brand for every team is diminished by bullshit ducking tactics.

And I have the stats to back it up, too.

Because you as a club are ruining the game. AFL football as a brand for every team is diminished by bullshit ducking tactics.

The awkward moment when a Geelong player is number one and the list even includes a North Melbourne player...

You did. There can be no denying it.
Think someone might be sucked in.

Did Selwood get taken high? (Hint, have a look at some of the avatars)

Eddie and Dermie were crying a river. Respect for Gerard Whateley has gone up though. Only one who wasn't getting emotionally involved. Only one who brought up the fact that the umpire didn't pay the first high contact and paid the one on the ground. Eddies responce to that "huumph i don't know but we have half an hour to go through all that".

Mark Maclure was also pretty level headed and didn't blame the umps but pointed out pretty glaring things that North did wrong to lose the game.

:thumbsu: Gerard and Mark.

How does it feel to know your diver got put on his arse by our ducker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back