EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be smart not to call Essendon cheats, AFL are obviously fine with the use PED's in the sport no doubt most if not all clubs have been using them for decades as long as the players are on the park no one cares.

Look at the silence with all clubs they are saying nothing doesnt that tell you something?

But you are correct AFL is a complete ******* piece of shit of an organisation money over everything, before some smart ass comes in here saying they need to make money it's not about making money its how far they will go to make that extra bux.

This sport is basically WWE, ******* FAKE.

I said exactly the same thing on our own board - the silence out of clubs during this entire process has been sickening. That includes the club I support

I think you were probably stronger before Hird became coach. Certainly more respected.

The club is more united than ever before. That is reflected in the membership figures alone (god now this has happened, Essendon's membership could become the highest in the comp now...even with it sitting at 50000 before today!).

I don't have any idea. Wait, I do, because nigh-on every Essendon supporter in this thread has been slagging Collingwood as drug cheats.

Well, Collingwood did not inject Thomas and Keeffe with a prohibited or banned substance and Keeffe and Thomas have not played in any official AFL match whilst testing positive for a prohibited or banned substance thus denigrating our (once) great game.
No essendon players took any drugs where as collingwood players all most certainly have

I don't have any idea. Wait, I do, because nigh-on every Essendon supporter in this thread has been slagging Collingwood as drug cheats.

Well, Collingwood did not inject Thomas and Keeffe with a prohibited or banned substance and Keeffe and Thomas have not played in any official AFL match whilst testing positive for a prohibited or banned substance thus denigrating our (once) great game.

I have no love for either Essendon or Collingwood, but I'll happily back the actions and stance of your club in how youve dealt with the issue over Essendons.

You realise you're saying that you were only going to accept the tribunals outcome if it was the one you wanted? There's a process in place and it was followed. Anyone who doesn't like it just has to suck it up as the Essendon supporters would have if it had gone the other way
I never actually said that. Hard to see how this vindicates anyone. There is evidence, just not quite enough. And it isn't due to there being contrary evidence, it is due to gaps in evidence as far as I can see.

Strict application of the rules says no action can be taken. A reading of all the circumstances says the probability that nothing untoward happened is low.

DampSereneGazelle.gif
Quoted for lols

Hah! What?

I've been saying for 2 years that I think Essendon doped but that I'm not confident that they'd get found guilty.

Nothing has changed, and "insufficient evidence" is not exactly an open and shut case of innocence to me.
Just like a person on a cruise in france and his house burns down in australia, police charge him with setting fire to his house to get the insurance. When he informs the police he was overseas with 20 witnesses, they pull the charge through "insufficient evidence" funny that.

The main issue seems to be that many supporters think the shit won't be heaped for many years to come.
Just be prepared for it.

You would have been a nightmare as a kid when you got out playing backyard cricket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. The green light to a 2m fine and being banned from playing finals.
In the scheme of things nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Donations paid the fine and Bombers were never going to worry anyone in the 8.

Sorry haven't been following this for a year.
What was the reason why the stuff they injected weren't detected during routine drug testing of players?

I never actually said that. Hard to see how this vindicates anyone. There is evidence, just not quite enough. And it isn't due to there being contrary evidence, it is due to gaps in evidence as far as I can see.

Strict application of the rules says no action can be taken. A reading of all the circumstances says the probability that nothing untoward happened is low.

They were always guilty. The AFL has no interest in losing millions though.

So this is a game? Is this about who is going to beat the suitcases out of who? I see. Here I am thinking its about the truth.
The truth went out in the first quarter when you had no records of any of the injections for your experimental program. If it was all legal and above board, what was going to happen once the players were dominating 2012? You were going to randomly inject them in 2013 with a mix of substances hoping you guessed who had what in 2012?

The whole thing stinks of a cover-up and it is why you will never be off the hook in the minds of the public, regardless of "insufficient" evidence to face bans.

The club is more united than ever before. That is reflected in the membership figures alone (god now this has happened, Essendon's membership could become the highest in the comp now...even with it sitting at 50000 before today!).

That's because everyone who stood in Hird's way is gone.

Woke up, hoping for transparency and justice, very angry and disappointed.

Reminded myself i'm not an essendon supporter and will never wake up being one and become a little more comfortable.

That's true. I guess if you were involved in the process things would be different.... what, with all the evidence and Caro articles you have under your arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back