Multiplat Elden Ring

Remove this Banner Ad

Started this again tonight after putting it down shortly after launch and I have to say the hours I’ve watched people play this on twitch have made a big difference!

Cleared that gate front camp with no problem and a couple of little caves. Tried to take on a giant and next thing I’ve got 3 of them on me haha.

That bloody finger bastard is wrecking me at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

5 hours in now and been through most of the small dungeons near the starting area, think I’m finally ready to take on that castle.

Finally knocked over that bloody finger bugger near murkwater tonight as well.

Really enjoying it, glad I jumped back in!

Ended up picking the vagabond, what stats should I be levelling up early?

For a good while you want to use every second level on vigor.

I'm assuming you're using strength weapons, so prioritise that. Mind is not bad to have if you're using summons, and endurance you can stop levelling at around 25, i found.

Radagon/Elden Beast are harder (for me) on journey 3

Might have to rejig the tailsman's that I have currently enabled, just getting slaughtered. Have gotten to Elden Beast twice in the many attempts I've made in almost 2 hours. When I've gotten to Elden Beast in those attempts my strategy from Journey 2 (with shield) does work, I just don't have enough flasks to sustain my strategy.

I have reached the mountain top of the giants at level 80 and it feels like I have to go back to grinding to level up to about 90 or it's going to get to frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

question - if i beat radagon/elden beast tonight can i then finish off the haligtree/melania? or does the game end and go straight to ng+?

It'll ask you if you want to end it/start a new journey. If you select no it returns you to the round table and you're free to travel around (bear in mind the capital is still ashen etc).

I did the same in play through 1, knew the Haligtree area existed... but didn’t know how to access it until I read a guide.

Didn’t go to Mt Gelmir until play through 2.

I know there's a sewer area, don't think I've explored it properly (may have gone down once and died, but respawned at a previous grace site). But I'm about to end my third run of the game.

Last edited:
I have reached the mountain top of the giants at level 80 and it feels like I have to go back to grinding to level up to about 90 or it's going to get to frustrating.
You can use summons early on there from memory and the enemies give heaps of ruins.
You can do a few run through there and farm pretty easily.

I was having a really good run through Stromveil Castle before I hit that little section with the birds with knives for feet and then that knight, I reckon I wasted around half an hour before I just skipped past him.

Sometimes charging through is your best option, especially if you're under leveled or have a weaker weapon than the area requires.

I’m level 30, so I don’t think I’m too underpowered. I think I had a-bit of tilt going and by the end was making some pretty bad decisions haha.

I’m level 30, so I don’t think I’m too underpowered. I think I had a-bit of tilt going and by the end was making some pretty bad decisions haha.

Oh you're at a good level to be able to tackle it, as long as you don't get overwhelmed in groups of enemies.

Before I concluded journey 3, I made sure to collect more smithing/sombre smithing stones, the glovewort materials for left over spirit ashes that I've upgraded to +9 (and a few more at +10 now). I also unlocked black knife tiche (and promptly upgraded to +10), the evergaol battle with Alecto was intense, died a few times. Reminded me a lot of the Bell Bearing Hunter boss battle(s) - the boss being hard hitting and very tough to put down. Tried using the rivers of blood sword, the closest I got was about 25% health remaining. I ended up using the special ability from the Blasphemous blade sword. I was able to keep my distance and just spammed the L2 button, made it a lot easier.

I've started "journey 4" on Xbox while continuing my journey 1 run through on pc. I knocked off Magrit and Godrick while I was on level 19. Finding it harder (some basic enemies are taking 9 shots to take down - gotta get some strength in my character and keep upgrading my weapon), it's annoying but fun. I'll keep plugging away at it bit by bit.

Oh you're at a good level to be able to tackle it, as long as you don't get overwhelmed in groups of enemies.

Before I concluded journey 3, I made sure to collect more smithing/sombre smithing stones, the glovewort materials for left over spirit ashes that I've upgraded to +9 (and a few more at +10 now). I also unlocked black knife tiche (and promptly upgraded to +10), the evergaol battle with Alecto was intense, died a few times. Reminded me a lot of the Bell Bearing Hunter boss battle(s) - the boss being hard hitting and very tough to put down. Tried using the rivers of blood sword, the closest I got was about 25% health remaining. I ended up using the special ability from the Blasphemous blade sword. I was able to keep my distance and just spammed the L2 button, made it a lot easier.

I've started "journey 4" on Xbox while continuing my journey 1 run through on pc. I knocked off Magrit and Godrick while I was on level 19. Finding it harder (some basic enemies are taking 9 shots to take down - gotta get some strength in my character and keep upgrading my weapon), it's annoying but fun. I'll keep plugging away at it bit by bit.

Made it through and had a couple of cracks at Goodrick but he wrecked me. What’s the best early game summon? I’m using the demo human one at the moment.

Made it through and had a couple of cracks at Goodrick but he wrecked me. What’s the best early game summon? I’m using the demo human one at the moment.

Early game I used a combination of the jelly fish and the lone wolf (aka the 3 wolves). I did experiment with the rotten stray (tried to kill the bosses by poison). On my successful run against Margit, I used the lone wolf spirit summon. I was able to survive Margit's first phase without getting hit, but would get slaughtered in phase 2 (gets more aggressive once he reaches 50% health).

Godrick I tried the stray dog, the lone wolf and the jelly fish. My successful attempt came with the jelly fish - just got lucky as the jelly fish is not the greatest. It's good at getting and keeping the bosses attention, but without upgrades the jelly fish dies really quickly.

The upgrade materials for the basic spirits are found in the catacomb dungeons. You can get a few and should be able to upgrade a spirit summon to +2 - +3 and that should help you for the earlier bosses, not so much to DO damage against the bosses, but as a distraction so you're able to run behind the boss and get a few shots in.

Everyone has their own strategy so don't rely on mine alone

Knocked over Goodrick this morning but ended up using the NPC summon because life’s too short haha.

I reckon I could’ve got him by myself but was ready to move on.

Knocked over Goodrick this morning but ended up using the NPC summon because life’s too short haha.

I reckon I could’ve got him by myself but was ready to move on.

Good stuff, do a bit more exploring of previously unseen areas and also maybe run through previous areas a few times for a quick runes boost!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back