End of the closed fist strike?

No more strikes?

• Yes

Votes: 54 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, Barret of all people was on the mark with this.

Allowing people to go the tummy tap/jumper punch and giving them a few thousand as a punishment isn't much of a deterrent. The players are on big bucks between their salaries and other sponsorships, it's a drop in the ocean for them.

If they are serious about it, then it should be an automatic week as a minimum for swinging your hand at someone regardless of where it hits.

Equally though, any player being scragged off the ball or unnecessarily prevented from getting to a contest, gets an automatic free kick.

Give players no reason to lash out.
That's an excuse.

Remember the old theres no excuse for violence?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If there was an actual deterrent for body hits as Gaff was attempting to do he may not have thrown a fist out in the first place. We have all but accepted the 'bit of biff' with whacks to the body, eventually someone was bound to get it horribly wrong and they did.

If there was an actual deterrent for body hits as Gaff was attempting to do he may not have thrown a fist out in the first place. We have all but accepted the 'bit of biff' with whacks to the body, eventually someone was bound to get it horribly wrong and they did.

exactly...its a joke that they allow any punches to still be thrown

cunnington this week vs Brisbane is a perfect example....should be 1 week automatic, would cut it out straight away

embarrassing for our game, all that bravado rubbish

That's an excuse.

Remember the old theres no excuse for violence?

It’s not an excuse, it’s a reason.

Players need to be in a certain place on the field. If another player is impeding their progress illegally, they’ll often use a strike to break away from them.

It’s not always violence simply for violence sake.

Up until now neither player has generally been penalised. If you’re removing one action, you should remove both.

Players need to be in a certain place on the field. If another player is impeding their progress illegally, they’ll often use a strike to break away from them.

Up until now neither player has generally been penalised. If you’re removing one action, you should remove both.

That's is an excuse.

Weren't you taught never to punch someone? No matter what (self defense is different)

Being impeded is not a reason to punch someone.

It’s not always violence simply for violence sake.

In all fairness to the player doing the impeding, they practice this at training and is a major part of defensive/run with players role.

In all fairness to the player doing the impeding, they practice this at training and is a major part of defensive/run with players role.

Because they can get away with it. Penalise then when the break the rules, and they’ll have to adapt.

That's is an excuse.

Weren't you taught never to punch someone? No matter what (self defense is different)

Being impeded is not a reason to punch someone.

On the footy field it is. How else do you break away from somebody illegally impeding you off the ball? Ask them nicely? A swift strike to the body. The game has allowed it.

On the footy field it is. How else do you break away from somebody illegally impeding you off the ball? Ask them nicely? A swift strike to the body. The game has allowed it.

Nope no it's not.

Hense why we have a young fella with his mouth wired shut.

Only footy code that allows punching someone. Ridiculous.

Player should position themselves better if they are struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope no it's not.

Hense why we have a young fella with his mouth wired shut.

Only footy code that allows punching someone. Ridiculous.

Player should position themselves better if they are struggling.

You cannot be serious. Player can try and run away but if they are being pushed and held what option do they have?

Back