Prediction In the end, which club will Damien Hardwick be most associated with?

In the end, which club will Damien Hardwick be most associated with?

• Essendon

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Richmond

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Essendon - Premiership player (2000) & 150+ game player
Port Adelaide - Inaugural AFL Premiership player (2004)
Richmond - 3x Premiership coach (2017, 2019, 2020) & 300+ games coached
Gold Coast - TBD

Obviously a difficult question to answer because we don't know what he'll achieve with the Suns or if he ends up coaching another club but that's the point of the thread. Predict which club he'll be most associated with when his illustrious career comes to an end.

I would say Richmond but if he wins even 1 flag at the Suns (plus spends 5-10 years there) it will be close to 50/50 given the enormity of that (even in comparison to what he did at the Tigers)

Essendon - Premiership player (2000) & 150+ game player
Port Adelaide - Inaugural AFL Premiership player (2004)
Richmond - 3x Premiership coach (2017, 2019, 2020) & 300+ games coached
Gold Coast - TBD

Obviously a difficult question to answer because we don't know what he'll achieve with the Suns or if he ends up coaching another club but that's the point of the thread. Predict which club he'll be most associated with when his illustrious career comes to an end.
What a stupid ridiculous thread mate.

He can be more than one, but I'd probably say the Tigers because coaching 3 flags puts you in pretty rare company.
Yeah this is pretty clear

Unless he does something crazy at Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers. Until he joined North as coach, I doubt most people even remembered that Clarko played for us.

Decent player, but Dimma's accomplishments as coach will be his legacy.

What a stupid ridiculous thread mate.

Why? Did you not know Dimma had a long and successful association with various clubs prior to joining the Tigers as senior coach?

It's a great thread and a good question. Most will suggest the answer is Richmond and I don't disagree, but discrediting it because you're seemingly completely ignorant as to his history prior to joining Richmond is, as you say, stupid ridiculous.

Why? Did you not know Dimma had a long and successful association with various clubs prior to joining the Tigers as senior coach?

It's a great thread and a good question. Most will suggest the answer is Richmond and I don't disagree, but discrediting it because you're seemingly completely ignorant as to his history prior to joining Richmond is, as you say, stupid ridiculous.
He won 3 famous flags with Richmond, broke a long running drought in 2017 and will always be remembered for that.
He inplemented a revolutionary game style that suited the list he had. That's why the thread is ridiculous.

He won 3 famous flags with Richmond, broke a long running drought in 2017 and will always be remembered for that.
He inplemented a revolutionary game style that suited the list he had. That's why the thread is ridiculous.

No, that's why the vast majority have voted for Richmond. Including myself.

He's had a significant impact at 3 clubs and has the opportunity to make that 4 clubs over the next few years.

It's OK to admit you weren't aware of his involvement with other clubs. It certainly seems that may have been the case.

Just a good player, be it a premiership player at two clubs, but definitely a coaching great.

Given that, it’s Richmond at the moment but a flag or two at the Suns might change that.

No, that's why the vast majority have voted for Richmond. Including myself.

He's had a significant impact at 3 clubs and has the opportunity to make that 4 clubs over the next few years.

It's OK to admit you weren't aware of his involvement with other clubs. It certainly seems that may have been the case.
Ok , if he's remembered more for being at the Gold Coast I'll buy you a slab of your preferred beer, a second hand jetski and a years supply of wholemeal pasta.

Back