Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember a time when I was less enthused by Australian cricket, and I'm a big cricket fan. :(

Just checked the scores...wtf..

Batsmen 3-6 made less combined runs than batsmen 7-10!
Besides the openers, the other batsmen combined score was 42 runs!

Talk about a downward slide in Test performances since last year's scandal.

Just checked the scores...wtf..

Batsmen 3-6 made less combined runs than batsmen 7-10!
Besides the openers, the other batsmen combined score was 42 runs!

Talk about a downward slide in Test performances since last year's scandal.
To be fair they were horrible last time we played Pakistan and Sri Lanka away.

Different circumstances but they had Wood Thomson Dymock Yardley Hughes and someone called Border
They make some of this lot look like grade cricketers
15 years ago this lot would have all been grade cricketers (the batsmen that is - some of the bowlers are world class).

Right now, Shaun Marsh is our #1 batsman. Sad, but true. 15 years ago a batsman with his stats (i.e. lack of runs & consistency) would have struggled to get a regular place in the WA Sheffield Shield team. He would have spent most of his summer playing grade cricket. Today, that grade cricketer is the best batsman in the country, and the rest of the batsmen are even worse.

There is a very good chance that Australia doesn't score 250+ in a single test match innings this summer.

Australian cricket needs to reset this summer, not keep apologising for having a complete douche bag like David Warner ruin us with his bogan, cheating behaviour.
This!
Warner's angry, negative, bullying influence in the Australian team has been downplayed. Like all cowards, he got someone else (Bancroft) to do his dirty work --- the real pity is that Smith didn't say:
"Nah, mate, don't do it, not negotiable, the end", which his position as Captain demanded.
There's no shame in giving 100% but being beaten by a better team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good fightback! Hope we keep the composure. A draw would be the most likely outcome. No point trying to win it and end up losing all wickets before the final session.

15 years ago this lot would have all been grade cricketers (the batsmen that is - some of the bowlers are world class).

Right now, Shaun Marsh is our #1 batsman. Sad, but true. 15 years ago a batsman with his stats (i.e. lack of runs & consistency) would have struggled to get a regular place in the WA Sheffield Shield team. He would have spent most of his summer playing grade cricket. Today, that grade cricketer is the best batsman in the country, and the rest of the batsmen are even worse.

There is a very good chance that Australia doesn't score 250+ in a single test match innings this summer.
To be fair, MMarsh was our best batsman after Smith in last year’s summer debacle. SMarsh did a reasonable job also. These guys all need time to gel, and it’s going to be hard to fill the shoes of Smith/Warner overnight.

Despite the ball tampering scandal, let’s not ignore the fact the 2 former captain/vice-captain were by far our 2 best batsmen over the last couple of years.

Boys are doing us proud at the moment. 21 overs left, 5 wickets in hand and if they are thinking of just going for it, 7 an over
This is the most sensible batting I've seen in a long while. We can't win it. Test conditions is not the same as T20. Aim for a draw is the best scenario right now.

This is the most sensible batting I've seen in a long while. We can't win it. Test conditions is not the same as T20. Aim for a draw is the best scenario right now.

That's loser talk right there, screw it go for glory boys, it's only 9 an over in the last hour on a fifth day wicket, it isn't that much to ask?

Or of course we could go for the draw, probably the smarter option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back