Remove this Banner Ad

BEN JARVIS

187 / 77 / RF

607371.jpg

Clubs: Norwood / SA

Positions:
3rd Tall Forward, Tall Utility

Stats:

Ben had a very good Championships, performing an important role both up forward and also as a chop out in the ruck. He averaged 12 disposals and 3 marks a game whilst also kicking 7 goals across the championships.

Gamestyle:

Ben is a tall utility who can play as a 3rd tall at either end of the ground and has played as a ruck chopout at underage level. He has sticky hands, has good agility and is a nice right foot kick.

The best part of Ben’s game is his marking. He is a fine contested mark, plays taller than he is and uses his body well in contests. He shows good pace on a lead and can mark out in front as well. His kicking is also a highlight. He is an accurate kick for goal from most distances and angles and has a lovely field kick which regularly hits targets.

He is surprisingly quick, has a good turn of pace over the first 10 metres and likes a tackle. Where he can let himself down is his consistency in game. He can go missing for large periods of time and needs to work on his leading patterns.

He is capable of playing a bit further up the ground, but at this stage there has been no sign of him having midfield capability.

Draft Range: Late/Rookie

It is doubtful that Ben will be drafted in the national draft. He looks more likely as a rookie selection where a team looking for a third tall to develop will look to him.

Yeah would have been interested to hear about bogle and Chapman as I’ve not watched that much of either of them.

I haven’t seen a listed height for bogle anywhere either.

Have you seen Grundy play local footy? What’s his ball use like and does he ever do any rebounding? Was a pure shutdown at champs but I like his height size reach and ability to put size on I think and athleticism but mostly I like that he seems to love to make contact with players.

Timeline on Rozee transitioning from a flanker to genuine mid? I love him but I wonder if he could take a long time to become a genuine 20+ touch mid.

Oscar Chapman - 191 and 78kgs - didnt do the State Combine because of a foot injury but has got pace and a leap. Have a look at his champs highlights from SA v Vic Metro Final this year. Plays mainly as a hit up forward and also can play deep. Apparently had some massive sprinting numbers during the champs

This is brilliant. Do you have any thoughts on Hayden Sampson? I really liked him in the game versus WA. Fast winger / forward who had a national combine. I would have thought he would suit Port if still available for a late / rookie pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back