Club Focus Essendon 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Who would that be?

We already have Draper, Bryan, Weid, Reid and Jones who are somewhat ruck capable or might grow into that.

The point is it’s the young rucks with upside why bring in a mature player who will block them developing?

Weid, Reid and Jones as ruck capable???

We have 3 guys capable of being the number 1 ruck Draper, Bryan and Wright.

Wright is our best forward so we don’t want to have to play him there. The rest would be a disaster to have to go into a game with as first ruck.

Wright is our best forward so we don’t want to have to play him there. The rest would be a disaster to have to go into a game with as first ruck.

There seems to be some miscommunication here.

I’m in agreement that Essendon needs an R3. I think Goldy is a great fit for that job, how Mumford was for GWS 2 seasons ago.

I was more asking what better mature R3 option out there was better than Goldy?

As for the others. Wied played some ruck minutes early last year and was fine. It was one of the reasons we bought him in from Melbourne. Jones has the height and motor for it and like most KPPs played there somewhat as a junior. Same as Reid who might get pushed out of defence at this rate they’d all be capable as the VFL Ruck/VFLR2 so in that sense I’m not sure how bringing in younger R3 then Goldy helps the list.

There seems to be some miscommunication here.

I’m in agreement that Essendon needs an R3. I think Goldy is a great fit for that job, how Mumford was for GWS 2 seasons ago.

I was more asking what better mature R3 option out there was better than Goldy?

As for the others. Wied played some ruck minutes early last year and was fine. It was one of the reasons we bought him in from Melbourne. Jones has the height and motor for it and like most KPPs played there somewhat as a junior. Same as Reid who might get pushed out of defence at this rate they’d all be capable as the VFL Ruck/VFLR2 so in that sense I’m not sure how bringing in younger R3 then Goldy helps the list.

I agree that it’s not clear who would be that player? But say Matt Flynn was keen to come to us to be a 3rd ruck I don’t see how him potentially overtaking Bryan would be bad for the list???

According to Jon Ralp Hawks,Essendon,Swans have all put contract offers that will trigger band one just a matter of where Mckay wants to play imo

Also reckons Essendon are the likely club to get him
Not trying to have a crack

But its between Edmund and Ralph of who gets the most wrong these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you been under a rock mate?

everyone already knows $800k doesn't need a "mystery formula" to trigger band 1
600k won't though :)

Bryan may be ok now and will be ready in 12-18 months to ruck solo if it came to it

We only need a ruck for 1 year

Goldstein is the best fit i can

Why would Flynn move to us? Why spend good money on a Ruck 3. Why would he move from 2/3rd in line to 2nd/3rd in line and over taken to be 3rd in line 12-24 months down the track

I will never forget Andrew Gaff for as long as I live.

Love Draper as a player and Bryan has potential. But in no way is wright a no1 level afl ruckman can obviously help out when needed but would be a liability if needed to do it full time. His a natural forward

Love Draper as a player and Bryan has potential. But in no way is wright a no1 level afl ruckman can obviously help out when needed but would be a liability if needed to do it full time. His a natural forward
yep, always has been.
and too valuable as a deep fwd to play him in the ruck.
needs a good preseason to get confidence in the shoulder. went too often with a one hand, palm down approach when he returned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back