No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at their draw, they should finish top 4 from here and on reflection at seasons end it will turn out to be one of the easiest draws in history. But they are average and it will be nice to see them bomb out in straight sets!

For me, this thread does not close if * wins a final (and we'll just have to wait and see about that). But for me, the reason this thread exists is because of the origins of this thread.

* cannot say exactly what they injected their players with. There are still elements on their board, as also acolytes in the media, that still deny / defend these actions. And it serves as a salient reminder to us. We were caught cheating, and rightly penalised (the extent, and timing of these penalties could be debated, but that's another issue). And I reckon it took some 20 years for the right cultural change to occur for us.

It is my opinion, but I do not believe this has fully washed through *. If they do win a final (and that's wait and see - they have a 'softer draw'), this thread will simply be re-titled. And whilst there are defenders of the past on their governing board, and acolytes in the media, this is still not a 'past issue'.

For me, this thread does not close if * wins a final (and we'll just have to wait and see about that). But for me, the reason this thread exists is because of the origins of this thread.

* cannot say exactly what they injected their players with. There are still elements on their board, as also acolytes in the media, that still deny / defend these actions. And it serves as a salient reminder to us. We were caught cheating, and rightly penalised (the extent, and timing of these penalties could be debated, but that's another issue). And I reckon it took some 20 years for the right cultural change to occur for us.

It is my opinion, but I do not believe this has fully washed through *. If they do win a final (and that's wait and see - they have a 'softer draw'), this thread will simply be re-titled. And whilst there are defenders of the past on their governing board, and acolytes in the media, this is still not a 'past issue'.
Cannot, or will not.

There's no way that * did not have a set of records that showed what drugs were injected, dosage rates, times etc. Especially if it was "experimental". It would have been detailed carefully, so that they could adjust to suit in the future based on initial outcomes.

The annoying thing is they've gotten the pretty much perfect storm of a draw in timing and placement so they're geared for at least a top 6 finish and a single home final at least. People going they'll be found out in the finals thanks to their soft draw I disagree... they'll have many soft kills so they may accumulate big enough leads by the last quarters to ease off (and with their draw % isn't a huge factor) helping players recover better, unlike us who have to push for full 4 quarters most games and kill ourselves for a result.

Then you have psychological benefits of just winning, regardless of whom against a win is a win.

Their only risk is injuries to a few of their key drivers who are fuelling this renaissance ....

Just thrown up in my helmet thinking about it...

The only benefit is next year they should get a more challenging draw and will be found out again.

The annoying thing is they've gotten the pretty much perfect storm of a draw in timing and placement so they're geared for at least a top 6 finish and a single home final at least. People going they'll be found out in the finals thanks to their soft draw I disagree... they'll have many soft kills so they may accumulate big enough leads by the last quarters to ease off (and with their draw % isn't a huge factor) helping players recover better, unlike us who have to push for full 4 quarters most games and kill ourselves for a result.

Then you have psychological benefits of just winning, regardless of whom against a win is a win.

Their only risk is injuries to a few of their key drivers who are fuelling this renaissance ....

Just thrown up in my helmet thinking about it...

The only benefit is next year they should get a more challenging draw and will be found out again.
They will be "found out" when we pump them on June 9th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of last season about this. Maybe they are a different side, however I remember thinking to myself FMD even they are starting to progress past us only for it to completely fall in a heap.
It's a marathon not a sprint, need to see a lot more before they can be seen as the real deal. The list isn't great and I would be of the view they will not be able to maintain it long term.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Currently they have plenty of the former not much of the later. Time will tell but I have them on sh*t the bed watch.

Langdon, Merrett, Martin and the #1 pick are all playing A-grade football, Parish, Stringer, Wright, Durham ( what a find) are not far behind - Ben McKay has solidified their defense big time. They are fast on a break and less fragile in defense -= Goldstein has improved their CBB and clearance capacity.

I don't see them falling in a heap at all.

This is the Essendon way. Look like world-beaters first part of the season and then crash dramatically post-bye.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

There is a lot of last season about this. Maybe they are a different side, however I remember thinking to myself FMD even they are starting to progress past us only for it to completely fall in a heap.
It's a marathon not a sprint, need to see a lot more before they can be seen as the real deal. The list isn't great and I would be of the view they will not be able to maintain it long term.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Currently they have plenty of the former not much of the later. Time will tell but I have them on sh*t the bed watch.
McKay and Goldstein (at least for this season) have been massive successes for them. That's 2 weak spots that are now suddenly strengths.

All of their better players seem to be in fantastic form. It's annoying but I think they'll make finals.

Bumbers are still weak at their core. Saw it against Port and Sydney, they won't be doing any damage this year to anyone imo. Merrett, Parish, Hobbs etc turn to water against high pressure teams and still struggle to stick tackles on any big bodied mids.

Exactamundo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back