Review Essendon Mid-Season Player Ratings - Results in

Remove this Banner Ad

Given it's the bye it's probably a good time to reflect on how the players have gone so far this year. I've created a Google Form where you can rate each of the players who've played at least one game this year on a scale of 1 - 10. I'll post the results in a week once we get a few people completing the form.

I believe it says rate based on expectations.
I wonder if people are taking games played as a level of expectation.

Looking at the results so far, I rated Caldwell as performing above what I expected in the games he did play. But it looks like a lot of people are rating him as not having played as many games as they expected, and therefore rating him low?

I wonder if people are taking games played as a level of expectation.

Looking at the results so far, I rated Caldwell as performing above what I expected in the games he did play. But it looks like a lot of people are rating him as not having played as many games as they expected, and therefore rating him low?
For me it should be part of it but not based entirely off it.

For me it should be part of it but not based entirely off it.
In Cutler's case he's played exactly the number of games I expected. BZT has played less than expected. So definitely factor that in for their cases because they've been healthy (Cutler is now injured but he wasn't at the start of the year, he just wasn't good enough to be picked and I already kind of expected that to be the case so he's not particularly over or underperforming relative to expectations).

Shiel, Caldwell... they've played every game they were available for and played either on par or better than expected, so I don't see how I can penalise them for getting injured. 🤔

I ended up posting the form across a couple of sites. After 157 responses, here's the player ratings for mid-year from highest to lowest:

D. Parish9.86
Z. Merrett9.08
N. Hind8.9
A. McDonald-Tipungwuti8.66
J. Laverde8.52
N. Cox8.43
C. Hooker8.07
M. Redman7.94
K. Langford7.68
J. Ridley7.66
D. Heppell7.57
H. Jones7.49
W. Snelling7.37
A. Perkins7.3
A. McGrath7.26
P. Wright7
A. Francis6.77
A. Waterman6.69
J. Stringer6.66
A. Phillips6.37
M. Guelfi6.06
B. Ham6.01
J. Stewart5.86
N. Bryan5.83
D. Smith5.35
S. Draper5.11
Z. Reid4.94
B. Zerk-Thatcher4.92
J. Caldwell4.85
D. Shiel4.83
D. Zaharakis4.12
N. Cahill3.97
M. Gleeson3.69
P. Ambrose3.67
T. Cutler2.89

Interesting to see how much this changes by the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of my choices were pretty similar to the average with probably the biggest exception being Cox. He’s an outstanding talent and I’m very excited to be an Essendon supporter with him and other youngsters in the side. However, his output in my opinion doesn’t match his current ranking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back