Opinion Even this black cloud has a silver lining

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it the general acceptance from the playing group of poor performance that still riles me.

When was the last time a Melbourne player was suspended for a mongrel act and letting his frustration out? Balls Grinter?I know this type of action hurts the team moving forward, but in the present it shows care factor and determination not to let things progress the way the have been / are.

No-one on here can deny we play bruise free footy. Mitch Robinson was spot on.

We play without intent or mongrel.

We play as though "it will be alright" and "theres always next week".

These players are payed huge dollars to give the spectators a show. We play a contact sport and it is a kill or be killed arena for 2 hours.

I want to be able to eat my own words. I want everyone here to to say "I told you so". But I really can't see it happening. Not with this current group of players anyway.........................

When was the last time a Melbourne player was suspended for a mongrel act and letting his frustration out? Balls Grinter?I know this type of action hurts the team moving forward, but in the present it shows care factor and determination not to let things progress the way the have been / are.
Aaron Davey late last year. Elbow to someone's head.

It all comes back to attitude and desire for a contest.

How many Geelong players were smiling and laughing after last nights game

Half our side would have if we went down 2 goals to anyone !

very disappointed this year !

I guess it the general acceptance from the playing group of poor performance that still riles me.

No-one on here can deny we play bruise free footy. Mitch Robinson was spot on.

We play without intent or mongrel.

We play as though "it will be alright" and "theres always next week".

These players are payed huge dollars to give the spectators a show. We play a contact sport and it is a kill or be killed arena for 2 hours.

I want to be able to eat my own words. I want everyone here to to say "I told you so". But I really can't see it happening. Not with this current group of players anyway.........................

A young Rivers smashing Dixon's nose about 6 years ago. Was a very nice punch. :thumbsu:

Neeld will be a good coach I believe, but the cattle he has to work with at the Dees is not as great as many think, and even Micky M would struggle to get them going properly this year.

Found it.

Digging up these old threads for a laugh is like shooting fish in a barrel.
Most of us are so desperate for a hint of success that we'll hang our hats on anything.
Let's just hope that the worst is now over.

Digging up these old threads for a laugh is like shooting fish in a barrel.
Most of us are so desperate for a hint of success that we'll hang our hats on anything.
Let's just hope that the worst is now over.

Exactly

Without hope we have nothing

Nothing wrong with being confident and enthusiastic about new approaches and appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back