Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really disappointed how things are going down your end. I was really hoping you'd take the sword up to Liverpool and we could have a competitive battle for 7th, maybe higher.

Things started off so well, and then Rooney happened, and well, things got sidetracked from there.

One thing I wanted to ask is about Calvert-Lewin. Has he been your main striker this season? What exactly were your expectations with him, and how do you think he's fared so far?
Thanks for the words FT,

On Calvert-Lewin, I'd say Rooney has started more games as our main striker. Koeman would play Calvert-Lewin on the wing to much, he's a natural striker. He'll chase every ball and win a lot of 50/50's. He's not yet getting him self enough chances on goal yet, a lot of that comes down to the lack of support around him though. He's still got a lot to work on but one of a very few shinning lights this season.

Thanks for the words FT,

On Calvert-Lewin, I'd say Rooney has started more games as our main striker. Koeman would play Calvert-Lewin on the wing to much, he's a natural striker. He'll chase every ball and win a lot of 50/50's. He's not yet getting him self enough chances on goal yet, a lot of that comes down to the lack of support around him though. He's still got a lot to work on but one of a very few shinning lights this season.

That’s the Rooney problem though, he always drops too deep & leaves us without a striker. Man Utds & England’s best ever scorer, lead the line lad! But apparently he’s a number 10 now

It was bad but the kid had a swing and miss, if that’s a regular occurrence then hang him out to dry.
Not for a one off incident though, we all make mistakes.
Wish I got paid the amount our players do to make regular mistakes.

That’s the Rooney problem though, he always drops too deep & leaves us without a striker. Man Utds & England’s best ever scorer, lead the line lad! But apparently he’s a number 10 now
That's the issue. He's the best finisher at the club atm.
Yet because Statler and Waldorf at the back are incapable of playing it out from the back without sending it 60+ yards, someone needs to drop deep to collect and then look for the pass. Why it's Rooney I have no idea.
I can't fathom how Koeman and Unsworth have not said told him to sit on their back line. We have no options up front should we get the ball on the break or via build up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such an embarrassing time to be an Evertonian. Full panic stations if we can’t beat Watford at home over the weekend.

Massive recruiting mistakes by failing to sign the required players for our squad, with no Europe on offer (if we stay up) we go back to not being able to attract the type of players we want which is a big issue as we need about 10 new signings. Expected Walsh to follow Koeman out the door, it’s staggering he’s still employed. Stupid appointment into a job he can’t handle

Posted this in another forum re a new manager.

We don't need a bandaid. We need a manager with a plan and a playing style implemented.
We're not in a relegation fight yet. We have 28 more matches and a window, in a world cup year. So loans and transfers I dare would be more easy to come by than other Jan windows.
Shouts of Fat Sam, Dyche, Moyes are too low ball.

With the monetary package Koeman was on as a precedent we should be an attractive option.

A win against Watford this weekend with some results our way pushes us out of the bottom 3.

Intl break, time to prepare against Palace obtain a result then things are starting to turn.

I may have been a bit over the top though, so I apologise for that.

Who's next? Good question. Moshiri hand picked Koeman, so hopefully they do a proper assessment.
i plead guilty to the same offence mate and i apologise for questioning your loyalty to the cause.

at the end of the day, we are all on here for the same thing.
a successful everton team we can all be proud of.

we are not too good to go down.
we are in the bottom three
a quarter of the season has gone already.
the defence is a shambles and needs sorting quickly.
i would take big sam right now if it meant he kept us up!

Christ our line-up is disgusting, has Koeman left or is he still picking our XI?

Rhino has to go, we need a competent manager.

Get Bradesmaen in!

Christ our line-up is disgusting, has Koeman left or is he still picking our XI?

Rhino has to go, we need a competent manager.

Get Bradesmaen in!
Whats he got to work with though? He wasn't the manager who brought in crud. Schneiderlin has never looked good for us, left out completely and so has Klaassen. All shitty Koeman signings.

Whats he got to work with though? He wasn't the manager who brought in crud. Schneiderlin has never looked good for us, left out completely and so has Klaassen. All shitty Koeman signings.
Actual wingers in the starting lineup would be a start.

Have Lookman, Vlasic & Mirallas to use..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back