Everything unpleasant has an ending if you wait long enough and don't die first

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still watching the original “Evil Dead” at least once a month. Yeah I get it, when my wife is not putting out I will get blood and gore in my own way.
Classic film.

The remake wasn't horrible for a remake. Dropped the goofiness and replaced it with blood. Not as fun, but more horror-y.

So I finally got around to watching the new Joker film yesterday, and after ten putrid years of vapid cinema that movie truly arrives like a bolt from the blue. Something which dares be unconventional, is slow and thoughtful as opposed to the fast & shallow of recent big Hollywood releases, which finds the courage to tread a new path without asking permission or caring what the audience thinks.

Suffice to say if you haven't seen it I recommend it highly, but what an interesting example and analogy it provides for other objectionable aspects of modern life! Take for instance the sad state of modern football with historically low scores the norm. Ross Lyon's now history and a young generation of coaches have just been handed the reigns so perhaps this heralds the beginning of a more attacking decade.
Then you have Ricky Gervais delivering his most blatant fu** You to the golden globes yet and refusing to apologize for that and other shit he's stirred. Precisely what pop culture needs to free itself from the cancer of political correctness, toxic masculinity, 'woke' culture and people pretending to be offended on others' behalf to steal attention.

So there you have my positive thought for the day, that as tragically staid & uninspiring these modern times we live may seem the winds of change are upon us and this new decade promises to be less conservative and more vibrant, and perhaps finally instead of obsessing over diversity of race and sex we may start encouraging diversity of thought. Unless Donald nukes China and we all die first.

Peace brothers. I hope happiness and prosperity find you all this year.

I cannot LIKE this enough

You’ll really enjoy The Gentlemen I reckon

Great movie

And yes

“Wokeness “ can just ***k itself

Have seen Hereditary twice yet still not sold and Joker is hardly a children’s character, man. C’mon.
Watched a few movies on way over on plane. Parasite easily the best of them.

The Joker was shit. Fast and the Furious 37362949673 was heaps better.

Seriously though, The Joker wasn't great imo. Tried way too hard to edge lord. It read like a /pol/ or /b/ rant. Not surprising there are so many pepe joker images floating about.

I prefer the Wiggles live shows. Sing a few songs then watch an old creep die and kids crying.

Then like every BS DC or Marvel movie, the Mofo is brought back to life in the most UNFU$$ING believable story wrecking plot twist ever. Who writes this crap????.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The edgy clown isn't for kids. Got it. Just let me get on the phone to DCs marketing department and you can tell them that.
Not everyone likes clowns old son, some of us have coulrophobia

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

I am still watching the original “Evil Dead” at least once a month. Yeah I get it, when my wife is not putting out I will get blood and gore in my own way.
Obviously a short attention span or a bad memory watching the same show ad nauseum. Thats french for incessantly btw.

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

I prefer the Wiggles live shows. Sing a few songs then watch an old creep die and kids crying.

Then like every BS DC or Marvel movie, the Mofo is brought back to life in the most UNFU$$ING believable story wrecking plot twist ever. Who writes this crap????.
Meanwhile Keith Richards is thinking "**** me son, you had a heart attack singing about various types of fruit and vegetables to toddlers?"

Middle-aged psychopath living with his Mum was what I was thinking.
Oh chappy how droll, but then my assessment of you as a middle-aged retired risk management consultant with a stapler fetish isn't much more colorful.

One marginally far-fetched plot point and you're willing to write off the entire movie? I'm honestly not sure why people expect a hilariously imperfect species to create perfect works of art, when even the Godfather has flaws most of us are happy to overlook for the sake of everything wonderful about it.

Well you could be fastidiously purlustrative if such was your predilection, but on cursive inspection.... no
I too use sometimes use big words I don't understand to make myself sound more photosynthesis than I actually am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back