Society & Culture Facebook

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some journalism student from Tasmania that does his own sports show on Facebook, he looks and acts a little weird so he's become a giant meme. He blew up even more recently due to some sexual harassment allegations that he just completely ignored.

In more ways then one if you believe everything you read ;)

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Never used FB but from what I've seen of people around me using I have literally never seen anything of substance. There is no reason to use it, it's just addiction at this point. What are people actually looking at scrolling through endlessly...
News updates, discussions on community pages, friends posts or photos and funny/interesting videos mainly.

Its all down to what pages you follow. There is a lot of s**t but you can avoid it.

Anybody follow Rate my Plate page? ******* hell it's hilarious.

Fu**en Carol and her eggs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Love it how when a decent meal gets on there people are just slamming them

I love the sosig comments. :tearsofjoy:

Jumped onto the page and had a browse whilst i was tucking into my brekky this morning, and saw this monstrosity. Jesus Christ haha

1550611483505.png

Page was good until it became a meme. Now it's just full of idiots trying to be funny.

It's the new "Roast Me" page really. Witty people slam comments in there for likes

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
For anyone who doesn't think that Instagram is the dumbest thing ever created:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...n/news-story/000c5dce49da881c0ae310341a493d86

How To Stop Online Bullying 101: post a photo of yourself crying. That'll show those trolls.

Sorry, but if I saw a girlfriend of mine doing this, instant divorce. Is there anything more self-absorbed and attention seeking than this?

Those who tag themselves at the hospital but don't say why. Everyone asks 'whats wrong', 'hope you are ok' and they never answer or say what they are there for. Or have a cryptic post about being sad/upset but don't say whats wrong

Attention seeking!!

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Just left a Foreigners Society page in the country I am living in.

It's literally full of British and Americans who just whinge and complain about everything like they just expected to live in another London or New York.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For anyone who doesn't think that Instagram is the dumbest thing ever created:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...n/news-story/000c5dce49da881c0ae310341a493d86

How To Stop Online Bullying 101: post a photo of yourself crying. That'll show those trolls.

Sorry, but if I saw a girlfriend of mine doing this, instant divorce. Is there anything more self-absorbed and attention seeking than this?

If you call yourself an Influencer then you deserve every bit of hate that comes your way.

Just my opinion.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Just left a Foreigners Society page in the country I am living in.

It's literally full of British and Americans who just whinge and complain about everything like they just expected to live in another London or New York.
have you seen the group "this just in : the usa is not the only country"?

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can’t stand it. Hate it. Promotes anti social behaviour more so than not, which is ironic. You see people in public or in social settings and 90% of them will be on their phone. They interact with online entities rather than real people. The amount of rubbish people post as well, it simply just promotes self conscious behaviour, probably contributes to self esteem problems, acts as a way for people not to be real, masks underlying problems that exist.

All in all, it’s a disaster for the majority of people.

I saw a rant about someone saying they lost friends once they had a baby.

I wonder how many of their single friends they excluded from social gatherings once they got into a relationship...
The wife of one of my mates does this all the time. Has 2 kids and constantly posts bullshit sob stories about how no one wants to make time for her now that she has kids. And every couple months she posts the same bullshit "I'm going to stop trying to stay friends with people, if they want to be friends with me it's up to them."

Guess what? Acting like it's everyone else's fault and posting passive aggressive sob stories probably doesn't make them want to organise a catch up.

On my newsfeed someone posting about her husband being in hospital for 2 days and waiting on results, wish us luck etc. No mention of what happened and when 20 people ask, nothing - just a reply saying thanks for the well wishes. Attention seeking much?

That reminds me of the classic vaguebook status, the no comment check in at the hospital.

Firstname Lastname is at Sacred Heart Hospital.

Cue a long line of "Are you ok hun xxx?" "What happened?" "Is everything ok? xxx" enquiries.

And then when they have finally satisfied their need for compassion and health enquiries they answer with, "All good, just had a check up/follow up about benign medical condition."

That reminds me of the classic vaguebook status, the no comment check in at the hospital.

Cue a long line of "Are you ok hun xxx?" "What happened?" "Is everything ok? xxx" enquiries.

And then when they have finally satisfied their need for compassion and health enquiries they answer with, "All good, just had a check up/follow up about benign medical condition."
The hospital check-ins are the pinnacle of attention-whoring.

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

I know that when I've had to go to Hospital for something serious (either myself or relatives) the first thing on my mind it to post a facebook status. Nobody that has the time and or thought process to post the above is doing anything but seeking attention. One day they'll have a real emergency and realise that and be surprised when no one visits them.

Back