Fact or not Roar will equal the Australian Record for most games without a loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is horrible, contributes nothing to the AFL main board, and needs to be shut down.

Irrelevant stat, draws are common and far easier to acquire in soccer which doesn't make for an accurate comparison. Similar to how a streak of consecutive wins is far more impressive in soccer than football.

Also, if we're going to cite the A-League we may aswell use current suburban football competitions as they're roughly the same standard relative to the top level.

Why is this on the main board?

Don't mind a bit of soccer but A- League is soo average. Followed it for the first couple of years and then got so sick of it that i havn't been back to a game since.

All the Aussie sides on Fifa are rated 1 and a half stars and that pretty much sums up the league itself. There are no teams better than the other. One year it is Melbourne at the top, the next its Sydney then its Adelaide, now its Queensland.
Its goes around in leaps and bounds like a broken record. At the end of the day winning entails a lot of luck because all the teams are equally deplorable.. just sayin.

Don't mind a bit of soccer but A- League is soo average. Followed it for the first couple of years and then got so sick of it that i havn't been back to a game since.

All the Aussie sides on Fifa are rated 1 and a half stars and that pretty much sums up the league itself. There are no teams better than the other. One year it is Melbourne at the top, the next its Sydney then its Adelaide, now its Queensland.
Its goes around in leaps and bounds like a broken record. At the end of the day winning entails a lot of luck because all the teams are equally deplorable.. just sayin.

It has gotten a lot better in quality mate... And if you want to use FIFA Ratings well half the teams are rated 2 and a half stars this year..

Exactly. Point is helped ny the fact that a large majority of this board refuse to accept that anything but AFL and Cricket are legit sports deserving of our nation's attention.

FWIW: I love them equally: Aussie Rules I love for the no frills, passionate and hard at it atmosphere, and football I love for the tactics, deftness and eloquence.

Hate diving :thumbsdown:

Sorry Mate ! But "football' in Melbourne means Australian Football not Soccer!Always has always will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed, Roar have not lost a VFL/AFL premiership game ever!

In more amazing stats the Roar have never lost an AFL final series game to go on to never having lost an AFL GF.

frigging amazing.

What's more amazing is that they did it with only 11 players on the field.
I guess we can put it down to superb accuracy having never scored a behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back