What are you most looking forward too/most worried about in regards to your team for the 2024 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
A bit of a wordy title I know but I am curious to see what people are most looking forward to or are most worried about in regards to their team for the 2024 season?

For me, in regards to the Swans

Most looking forward to
  • Seeing the progression of our younger players like Gulden, Warner and McDonald. I really want to see a match where all three really fire.
  • Seeing how the Swans go with Grundy as he is the first top of the line ruckman we have traded for in a long time. I want to see how he will affect the Swans midfield, if he can improve our pretty terrible clearance numbers.

Most worried about
  • If McCartin goes down. We don't have much in the way of KPD's to replace him if he gets injured. Any hope of a being in premiership contention goes out the window if McCartin gets injured.
  • Worried that Warner won't improve. His 2023 season was not as good as his 2022 season and while I am hoping that was a blip of course there is a tiny part of me that is worried it wasn't.

So what are you looking forward to and worried about with your team in the 2024 season?

I'm most looking forward to watching the Saints prove the doubters wrong once again. This time the egg on face will be larger.

I'm most worried about the mental state of Geelong and Ricmond supporters. After it becomes apparent those two clubs hit the cliff at the pace of Thelma and Louise.

Adem Yze is the answer to both questions for Richmond supporters.

I'm most worried about the Clayton Oliver thing. I think our midfield can function without him but I have a bad feeling that his whole off field drama will be a distraction all year.

As a St Kilda member :

Most excited by the opportunity to have a free crack at it again... no one rates us as a contender most experts have us in 11th, everyone things we fluked the finals last year and expect us to tumble down the ladder this year ...

most fearful of them being right ...

As a dockers supporter.... Not even making finals. Not even gonna bother about the dockers flag chances. Also Justin Longmuir being sacked could likely happen.

Regardless if Freo makes finals or not...

From 1995-2024, in a 30 year stretch. Dockers only made back to back finals only once. That was in 2012-5.

So I dont even care about the dockers 2024 season.

Heres to Freo for another 30 seasons from 2025-2054.

Looking forward to:
1. Collingwood going B2B
2. Naicos winning every individual award there is
3. Scott Pendlebury joining the 400 club
4. Carlton missing finals
5. Richmond spoon

Most worried about:
1. The state of my liver after celebrating another amazing Collingwood season

As a dockers supporter.... Not even making finals. Not even gonna bother about the dockers flag chances. Also Justin Longmuir being sacked could likely happen.

Regardless if Freo makes finals or not...

From 1995-2024, in a 30 year stretch. Dockers only made back to back finals only once. That was in 2012-5.

So I dont even care about the dockers 2024 season.

Heres to Freo for another 30 seasons from 2025-2054.
Bulldogs joined 1925, won the Premiership 1954.

Dockers joined 1995, wins the Premiership 2024?

If this happens then I’m just gonna copy and paste it on the Amazing coincidence thread….

Most looking forward too:
Watching Rivers, pickett, JVR and so on get another pre season under their belt and seeing how that transfers into the season.
Koltyn Thulstrup.

Most worried about:
Clayton Oliver
Another straight sets!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most looking forward to -
Seeing how our younger players in Tsatas, Caddy, Hobbs, Cox, Reid, Bryan, Durham, Jones etc, develope and improve.

Most worried about -
Cox and Reid not living up to our expectations or not being able to overcome their injury riddled bodies.

Most worried about -
Cox and Reid not living up to our expectations or not being able to overcome their injury riddled bodies.

There are exceptions of course as I remember Dawson was a bit injury-prone in the first year or two at the Swans, but generally speaking it is not a good sign when players are injury-prone in the first few years after being drafted.

Most worried about

- Health of rozee and butters. Particularly butters.

They’re two superstars, and teams are going to target them. Especially butters who plays physical and like a maniac. We already saw it late last year. Teams are going to set out to hurt him and being a port Adelaide player umps will give them them a lot of leeway.

- how we maintain run and ball use moving from a more mobile backline full of good users to a taller backline.

- Hinkley being Hinkley

Looking forward to

- rozee and butters

- what jhf free of a back complaint can do

- seeing what an Alir esava backline could become

- what Josh sinn can offer if he stays on the park.

Most worried about

- Health of rozee and butters. Particularly butters.

They’re two superstars, and teams are going to target them. Especially butters who plays physical and like a maniac. We already saw it late last year. Teams are going to set out to hurt him and being a port Adelaide player umps will give them them a lot of leeway.

- how we maintain run and ball use moving from a more mobile backline full of good users to a taller backline.

- Hinkley being Hinkley

Looking forward to

- rozee and butters

- what jhf free of a back complaint can do

- seeing what an Alir esava backline could become

- what Josh sinn can offer if he stays on the park.
Thats what all the Port fans fear the most. Another game and another year of Ken Hinkley coaching. lol

Lets look on the Bright side. At least Ken Hinkley is human lol

Most looking forward too:

A new look forward line that can hopefully kick a winning score every week coupled with the likes of day, Newcombe, ward, macdonald and weddle taking their game’s to another level.

Most worried about:

Mitch Lewis or James Sicily suffering a serious injury. That happens and we finish bottom 2.

I'm most looking forward to:
  • seeing players like Rachele and Rankine become more consistent
  • Fogarty making the forward line his own and reducing our reliance on Taylor Walker
  • at the same time, I want Walker to have a good season and play well into his thirties
  • winning away
  • playing finals
  • winning at least one final

I'm most concerned about:
  • the midfield continuing to be weak
  • our defensive stocks being depleted with Tom Doedee out on an ACL, and defence was already a weakness
  • Matthew Nicks' tactical problems continuing - I don't think he's a very good gameday coach and am not sold on him being the coach for us
  • continuing to be a weak away side, which of course prevents you from making the eight or going any further

I think reality will reflect something in between.

Looking forward to :
  • further growth of the midfield(Day, Newcombe, Ward, Nash, MacKenzie)
  • MacDonald, Ward, MacKenzie, Butler staking their claim for CBA/rotations
  • seeing how the new forward line set up and all our smalls gel

Most worried about:
  • CJ putting his injuries behind him
  • Keeping a relatively clean bill of health

I'm most looking forward to watching the Saints prove the doubters wrong once again. This time the egg on face will be larger.

I'm most worried about the mental state of Geelong and Ricmond supporters. After it becomes apparent those two clubs hit the cliff at the pace of Thelma and Louise.
Appreciate you thinking of us mate.

We’ll never know the relentless, unbridled joy of following St. Kilda, but we’ll keep at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back