Prediction Which player from your team improves the most in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

TheUnicorn

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Like the title suggest I'd like to hear just one player from your team that you believe will improve the most. Feel free to elaborate how and why you came to your conclusion :)

For Essendon I believe it to be Ridley. I think he is by far a better player than we have been able to see to date. He has played out of position and been largely held back due to our defense. I think the inclusion of McKay will let him off the leash and he will make AA in 2024!

I also expect to see better defensive efforts accross the ground after Scott seeks to improve our abysmal fitness which should also take some heat off of our defenders.

Last edited:

I predict nuetrals will end up saying at the end of 2024 that it will be Adam Cerra for us, but the reality is he had an outstanding 2023 and was probably stiff not to be AA. He looks to have really arrived.

I'm going to land on Sam Walsh though. For all the hype about him thus far, if he gets a clean bill of health over the pre-season, I really think he could elevate his game to the very top level and wouldn't be surprised if he does. He's my pick.

As for the players who haven't played or are very young whom you could argue improve more, I expect Jaxon Binns to play a fair bit of senior footy, injuries permitting.

Really hard to say from my side. Nearly all of them have only ever had the one senior coach in Hardwick.

Noah Balta maybe, if Yze can stop the ball being walked into our forward line over and over.

I predict nuetrals will end up saying at the end of 2024 that it will be Adam Cerra for us, but the reality is he had an outstanding 2023 and was probably stiff not to be AA. He looks to have really arrived.

I'm going to land on Sam Walsh though. For all the hype about him thus far, if he gets a clean bill of health over the pre-season, I really think he could elevate his game to the very top level and wouldn't be surprised if he does. He's my pick.

As for the players who haven't played or are very young whom you could argue improve more, I expect Jaxon Binns to play a fair bit of senior footy, injuries permitting.
He's already top level

Hayden young
Will be top shelf by the end of 2024

Last edited:
Of our established guys Walsh or Williams. Could see Walsh going from very good to top 3-4 in the afl with a full preseason. Williams is coming off an ACL but was apparently flying last preseason. If he stays fit (big if) could go to All-Australian level.

Of our less exposed players Cowan or Binns. Probably Cowan as he has an easier pathway into the side. E.Hollands would be the other one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max King

for Sam Walsh to improve more than anyone else on your list you’d accept nothing less than a Brownlow.

Why do Carlton fans keep picking an established player in Walsh?

I thought Brodie Kemp would have been a nice nomination. Or De Koning.
My first thought for this thread was Walsh - I think his best is better than anyone in the whole comp, as evidenced by how good he was in the finals series with a season that he was poorly prepared for.

However, if you want us to be bold I’d say Elijah Hollands is the one for me. I loved him as a bottom ager, thought he was the best player in his draft class and if he can get a full pre season under his belt then he is the one for mine that can take the 4th mid role after Cripps, Walsh and Cerra.

Kemp I don’t believe will get a whole lot better, he already looks great and has exceeded my projections for his ability. TDK I am bearish on, he just isn’t a one touch player. He is a much better athlete and competitor than his brother yet his brother is a more complete footballer given his one touch ability.

Like the title suggest I'd like to hear just one player from your team that you believe will improve the most. Feel free to elaborate how and why you came to your conclusion :)

For Essendon I believe it to be Ridley. I think he is by far a better player than we have been able to see to date. He has played out of position and been largely held back due to our defense. I think the inclusion of McKay will let him off the leash and he will make AA in 2024!

I also expect to see better defensive efforts accross the ground after Scott seeks to improve our abysmal fitness which should also take some heat off of our defenders.
Ridley? Second best player on the list ? That Ridley ?

Ridley? Second best player on the list ? That Ridley ?
First name Jordan, last name Ridley, yes.
Claiming the mantle of second best player on the Essendon list doesn’t exactly mean a lot currently let’s be honest. I believe he will improve more than any one singular person on our list earning him his First AA jacket.

I would prefer it to be one of our younger players in Cox, Hobbs, Perkins, Tsatas, Jones, Bryan etc. but there’s no clear indication that any of the above can or will explode onto the scene next year. I believe there’s enough reason to see Ridley take his game to the next level.

If you were to ask neutrals on this forum I’d be surprised if many listed him in their top 10 defenders in the comp. I think he will cement himself in the top echelons of that group come next year.

Although it’s all just wishful Thinking from us supporters at the end of the day.

Who do you suspect will see the most improvement ?

Last edited:
First name Jordan, last name Ridley, yes.
Claiming the mantle of second best player on the Essendon list doesn’t exactly mean a lot currently let’s be honest. I believe he will improve more than any one singular person on our list earning him his First AA jacket.

I would prefer it to be one of our younger players in Cox, Hobbs, Perkins, Tsatas, Jones, Bryan etc. but there’s no clear indication that any of the above can or will explode onto the scene next year. I believe there’s enough reason to see Ridley take his game to the next level.

If you were to ask neutrals on this forum I’d be surprised if many listed him in their top 10 defenders in the comp. I think he will cement himself in the top echelons of that group come next year.

Although it’s all just wishful Thinking from us supporters at the end of the day.

Who do you suspect will see the most improvement ?
Tsatas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back