Who will be 2024's most disappointing/under performing team (home and away season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs were the biggest under achievers last year.

This year think it will be Saints and or Demons
Can it be the Saints? I would think a team under achieves if expectations are high and they don’t deliver. Not sure anyone really expects the Saints to do anything this year.

Melbourne, yes I agree with you there.

Fremantle (and not because I'm a West Coast fan)

I expect Richmond and Geelong to slide. I expect the Bulldogs to miss finals. I expect Essendon to finally win a final... and then lose the following week. Carlton overperformed in the finals so losing a semi isn't really going to be underperforming. Fremantle feels like a team that should be better than 10-13 but I'm not confident that they will be.

Can it be the Saints? I would think a team under achieves if expectations are high and they don’t deliver. Not sure anyone really expects the Saints to do anything this year.

Melbourne, yes I agree with you there.
Yeah it's silly putting teams with a low or a wide spectrum of expectation in this discussion.
Carlton are way more likely to be a bigger disappointment than the Saints. Saints could finish as low as 13th and nobody would be too surprised.
On the other hand the hype train around the blues has them top 4 and deep in finals or it's a bust.

Yeah it's silly putting teams with a low or a wide spectrum of expectation in this discussion.
Carlton are way more likely to be a bigger disappointment than the Saints. Saints could finish as low as 13th and nobody would be too surprised.
On the other hand the hype train around the blues has them top 4 and deep in finals or it's a bust.
Curnow kicked nearly 27% of Carlton’s goals last year. That is an unhealthy dependence on one player in this day and age.

I can see Richmond heading further south
Media/average footy pundit has low expectations of us, so I don't think we'd be in the "disappointing" camp even if we dropped a bit.

I could see Melbourne dropping off a bit which I reckon would fit the bill for this.

That's every year
Anyone disappointed by us should be disappointed with themselves
20 years not enough lesson?

Im gonna go carlton.
They caught lightning when every win was a bonus this season. Pressure was on first half of the season and were poor.
5 goal zip lead in a prelim and to lose after edging their first two finals. Not convinced the mental fortitude is there to back up a prelim berth. Has dees '18 written all over for me

Anyone disappointed by us should be disappointed with themselves
20 years not enough lesson?

Im gonna go carlton.
They caught lightning when every win was a bonus this season. Pressure was on first half of the season and were poor.
5 goal zip lead in a prelim and to lose after edging their first two finals. Not convinced the mental fortitude is there to back up a prelim berth. Has dees '18 written all over for me
This …. Blues choked under the pressure of finals in 22 and looked s**t for half of 23 …. Only lifted once the pressure was off

Fremantle (and not because I'm a West Coast fan)

I expect Richmond and Geelong to slide. I expect the Bulldogs to miss finals. I expect Essendon to finally win a final... and then lose the following week. Carlton overperformed in the finals so losing a semi isn't really going to be underperforming. Fremantle feels like a team that should be better than 10-13 but I'm not confident that they will be.
Not sure we can be unless we win the spoon. That would only be a drop of 5 spots compared to other teams who will no doubt drop further. The gap between the bottom two and everyone else is massive though so anybody falling below them would probably take it.

We're long shots for the flag and 8 so not sure anybody has any expectation on us anymore.

Every year there is a team or team that is hyped / pumped up to have a big crack in September but for a variety of reasons, have an absolute shocker home and away season and fall short of expectations.

Last season it was The Dogs, they could be thereabouts again this year (not making finals)

Port Adelaide and Melbourne are two other teams i can think of who could have calamitous seasons and miss the finals.
Why wasn't it Geelong? They came off a flag and fell off a cliff. Expected to challenge again.

In 2024, I guess it will be Collingwood for the same reasons I think it was Geelong last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a read through this thread🤣 if the predictions come true there will be no GF played as no team is worthy. They are mostly all dropping.
I am calling it, WC are gonna slide into the home plate with one leg outstretched and take the flag.
They will have no opponents as they all dropped out of the eight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back